Ray Stevenson Community
February 23, 2018, 11:12:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dwelling Place (TV movie)  (Read 24322 times)
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 02:55:14 AM »

Wow! Thanks for all that, AemiliaCamilla!  :clap: :gjob:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
redshift

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 05:35:18 AM »

Towards the end of the prog. Ray was sporting what looked suspiciously like mutton chops. :eek:

But it was good to hear the 'trollop' used. You just don't hear it enough these days.

:redshift:
remus

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

Just watched The Dwelling Place. Much better than return of the native, more naturalistic. Found it interesting (re history) and, of course, did a bit of drooling. Looking forward to watching other raylated items!! 

:cheer:
daft as a bat

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 06:26:32 AM »

ive just ordered this but it hasnt arrived yet so will let you know what I think once ive seen it.  :D

daft as a bat

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »

well just finished watching the dwelling place and what a wonderful little film it is, Rays character was a bit of a none decisive guy who really should have told everyone to get stuffed and married Cissy I like the fact that the dukes son after raping her to begin with actually wants to marry her at the end, the sister was a bitch and deserved everything that she got but was well played by the actress, I would definitely recommend renting or buying it,  just need to watch the tide of life now.  ;D

redshift

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »

I like the fact that the dukes son after raping her to begin with actually wants to marry her at the end,

That's the bit I had trouble with, Daft. He raped her, for Gods sake. What on earth was she thinking of?  :redshift:

daft as a bat

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 03:25:59 PM »

he only raped her because he was egged on by his sister and i suppose he got to know her afterwards over a period of time which didnt really come across well in the movie, thats what i liked about rome that you actually got a sense of time in years between events ;D

redshift

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 04:00:33 PM »

I understand your point about him having grown over the intervening years, and feeling remorse for his past actions, but I still don't understand Cissy accepting him and (presumably) forgiving him. I'm not sure how many women would do that, or why it's seen as a 'happy ending'. As long as the girl gets the guy, eh, no matter what. :dget:

daft as a bat

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 05:26:42 PM »

I cant explain it myself personally if it had been me it had happened to and i met him again I would smile at him sweetly then bludgeon him into unconsciousness cut his testicles off and then have them stuffed and mounted and placed proudly on my living room wall but those were different times and the writers thought a happy ending would be for the best.  :o  I think my idea of an ending is more realistic and just as happy certainly for the victim.   ;D

redshift

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »

I cant explain it myself personally if it had been me it had happened to and i met him again I would smile at him sweetly then bludgeon him into unconsciousness cut his testicles off and then have them stuffed and mounted and placed proudly on my living room wall but those were different times and the writers thought a happy ending would be for the best.  :o  I think my idea of an ending is more realistic and just as happy certainly for the victim.   ;D

Good one!! :clap:

Nomad
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 11:21:23 PM »

And here I thought you ladies were merely pink!  I was WRONG!  Wrong, wrong, WRONG!  Whoo!  Daft!  You GO. girl!!!

:nomad:
daft as a bat

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 12:13:46 AM »

Ha Ha my idea is more of an action Titus Pullo type of Idea cause im sure he would be thinking along the same lines.  ;D

redshift

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »

Just in case there's anyone in the UK who hasn't seen it yet, The Dwelling Place is on

UK Gold

Saturday 4th Oct 12.00 p.m.

redshift

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »

Dwelling Place on Sat 22nd Nov 15.00 UK History
                        Sun 23rd Nov 09.00 UK History
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:11:09 PM by redshift » Logged

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »

Saw a smidge of The Dwelling Place on TV yesterday afternoon. It was just at the place when some wrinkled old crone in a white frilly cap was on't screen. Hubby commented on how well Ray was looking *snork*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: