Ray Stevenson Community
April 19, 2018, 02:55:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Heads Will Roll! Rome DVD Promo  (Read 7357 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: November 16, 2006, 09:32:25 PM »

Salve citizens!  :vorenus:

Holiday shopping is upon us and now's a good time to remind people that the ROME SEASON 1 DVD would be a great gift to give (or request ;))!

Send a hint ancient Roman style :o with this Effective Roman Communication e-card, which includes a handy link to Amazon.com (where the DVD is available for as low as $48.59).

Season 2 premieres in two months, this is a fun way to spread the word about the series and help to increase viewership!

:caesaryes: :vorenus: :pullo2: :gladiator: :brutus:  <- any excuse to use emoticons  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 11:43:04 AM by Lotis » Logged

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 06:29:54 AM »

This is a great gift idea. 

I bought Rome for my two sister-in-laws who have everything.

DVDs do make great gifts.

JaxiB

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:11:05 AM »

Gosh, going back - I so hope Pullo doesn't snuff it at the end!   :dget:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 02:20:41 PM »

While Ray is in the US ------ I hope a little promoting of the Rome Season 2 DVD is on the agenda!

Come on, HBO! Don't you want to sell some DVD's?  ;D :squirm: ::)

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Toduo

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »

While Ray is in the US ------ I hope a little promoting of the Rome Season 2 DVD is on the agenda!

You'll probably find 'Rome' is done and dusted as far as they are concerned. :hmm:

:toduo:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 07:59:18 PM »

You'll probably find 'Rome' is done and dusted as far as they are concerned. :hmm:

haha!

I always thought *I* was a pessimistic person. Heehee. I'm being made to feel like Little Mary Sunshine. Never thought it could happen. ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:16:16 PM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Toduo

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 04:15:13 AM »

haha!

I always thought *I* was a pessimistic person. Heehee. I'm being made to feel like Little Mary Sunshine. Never thought it could happen. ;)
And I thought it was just Nomad who takes everything the wrong way! It isn't being pessimistic, just realistic. The problem with the Forum of late is that people aren't allowed to voice their own 'honest' opinion without getting either ridiculed or berated for their comments. I think more healthy debate would be good for the Forum. People are getting too possessive. What about respecting each other and our views and opinions? Some of the comments are from a professional stance..I may be wrong a lot of the time. I don't as some would think talk from my rear end....I have been in the film business for nearly 20 years . It was not a scathing remark about Ray or Rome. Perhaps we should move on from Rome.....as Ray has.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 06:11:59 AM »

haha!

And I thought it was just Nomad who takes everything the wrong way! It isn't being pessimistic, just realistic. The problem with the Forum of late is that people aren't allowed to voice their own 'honest' opinion without getting either ridiculed or berated for their comments. I think more healthy debate would be good for the Forum. People are getting too possessive. What about respecting each other and our views and opinions? Some of the comments are from a professional stance..I may be wrong a lot of the time. I don't as some would think talk from my rear end....I have been in the film business for nearly 20 years . It was not a scathing remark about Ray or Rome. Perhaps we should move on from Rome.....as Ray has.

I didn't mean to ridicule or berate you. I like to have fun. I thought I was being gently teasing. Sorry if you took it in a negative way. I have noticed that you sometimes seem to expect to get pummeled for voicing your opinions. I am all for free speech, and especially welcome hearing from people with more knowledge of the "biz". Of course I want to be realistic about my expectations for Ray, and I would think we all would. Please continue to share your knowledge and opinions with us, Toduo.

I noticed that the HBO website (the 'Buzz' section) had a little item about Ray's being cast as The Punisher. I thought that was nice of them. And I am sure HBO welcomes anything which will help increase DVD sales. I think Season 2 is due to go on sale within the next 2 weeks. Those Rome DVD sets ain't cheap! I also read that Rome Season 2 is due to start replaying in the US on HBO within the next 3 weeks or so. YAY!

Anything which helps Ray's career! So we get more Ray!

Arya

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 06:15:42 AM »

Aww Toduo I'm sure Camamar was joking  :)

Anyway- I quite agree with you on the DVD subject. I will be shocked if HBO rise a finger to promote it in any way, shape or form. As you said as far as they are concerned it is dead and dusted and for BBC it was done even before season 2 aired in UK. HBO will probably focuse on promoting "The Sopranos" on DVD...you know with their 15 noms it is a no brainer  >:D

I'm also afraid "Deadwood" fans are not going to see the movie that was promised to them as "Deadwood" also did not score any important nods and Milch is soooo exhausted. At least "Rome" got some closure.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 09:31:54 AM »

This applies to everyone:

If anyone feels there is a problem with the forum then it should be brought to my attention. You should not grouse amongst yourselves nor silently stew only to explode later on.

In regards to this "problem", the only person who determines what's allowed is me (ok, Ray & Graham can have a say ... but then I implement it  :D).

I have not prevented anyone from voicing their opinion. More accurately, some members are rubbing each other the wrong way.

There are always going to be differences of opinion and as the board grows, it will occur more often. Which means one of two things, either: A) Members make an effort to stay flexible and strive for a middle ground everyone can deal with or B) I will have to moderate with a less flexible hand. I think we're all in agreement that option A is preferable.

That said:

No personal attacks. Yes, debate opinions. No one here knows anyone else well enough to launch into criticisms of a personal nature. The rule here is "attack the position, not the person". If you see an opinion that you disagree with, focus your comments on what's said, NOT about the person who said it. There is a world of difference between "you're such a pessimistic person!" and "that's a pessimistic thought!".  One is not the same as the other. Make comments about the statement not the person who made the statement.

Control yourself, not others. Members should not take it upon themselves to either individually or as a group "gang up" on anyone else. There are always sides to every topic and there will always be members that concur with either view.

You are responsible for your own actions, not those of someone else. Report any problems to me, since I'm the one ultimately responsible for the board. There's a "report to moderator" link on each post and you can PM or email me. If you feel that you simply cannot deal with the postings of another, choose to ignore them and pass over their posts.

:lotis:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Toduo

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 11:40:14 AM »

haha!

I didn't mean to ridicule or berate you. I like to have fun. I thought I was being gently teasing. Sorry if you took it in a negative way. I have noticed that you sometimes seem to expect to get pummeled for voicing your opinions. I am all for free speech, and especially welcome hearing from people with more knowledge of the "biz". Of course I want to be realistic about my expectations for Ray, and I would think we all would. Please continue to share your knowledge and opinions with us, Toduo.

I noticed that the HBO website (the 'Buzz' section) had a little item about Ray's being cast as The Punisher. I thought that was nice of them. And I am sure HBO welcomes anything which will help increase DVD sales. I think Season 2 is due to go on sale within the next 2 weeks. Those Rome DVD sets ain't cheap! I also read that Rome Season 2 is due to start replaying in the US on HBO within the next 3 weeks or so. YAY!

Thanks for your post. I think unfortunately Camamar you were on the receiving end of a list of neg responses over the weeks :hmm: I hope Ray does well out of this of course and if nothing else, it will be great experience and a good learning curve :clap: ABW

Nomad
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »

When you're shopping the net looking for the best price on Rome, try <deepdiscount.com>  They have good prices, tons of classic films and free shipping, too.

:nomad:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 08:39:18 AM »

When you're shopping the net looking for the best price on Rome, try <deepdiscount.com>  They have good prices, tons of classic films and free shipping, too.

Thanks, nomad. :wave: I hope they have the DVD right away, and I don't have to wait until after it's been out a while to get the deep discount.

mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 05:21:07 PM »

Thanks for the discount site info, Nomad..

As for Ray being done with Rome and moving on..it is proabably in his best interest to keep that performance alive in the minds of many. It would (IMO) bring him more attention and therefore more offers. After all it is that performance that is getting him the international recognition he didn't have before

I do believe I read that Getty images has photos of a HBO Season II DVD release party..I can't find them. I am not good at that stuff..and I don't know if Ray is at the party, neither. If I find it I'll let you know..I do not know how to insert photos anywhere.. :huh:

Mob1 icon
Nomad
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 05:24:05 PM »

Thanks, nomad. :wave: I hope they have the DVD right away, and I don't have to wait until after it's been out a while to get the deep discount.

Cam, somebody recently posted that Amazon has Season II for even less than Deep Discount.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: