Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 10:56:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Life Line (BBC / 2007)  (Read 73197 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: November 29, 2006, 03:19:20 PM »

Ray has some projects in the works for the BBC, including the TV movie, Life Line, which begins production in December. Commissioned by BBC-Scotland, it's a supernatural thriller and part of a triology series.  Life Line also features Joanne Whalley (Navy Seals) and Hex alum Jemima Rooper and will screen sometime in 2007 on BBC One.

Life Line is based on a short story of the same name by Stephen Gallagher. On Gallagher's website, he states, "Life Line is not a straight adaptation of the short story first published in Chris 'Morgan's Dark Fantasies' anthology, but is a completely new story spun from the same basic premise.

"There was talk in the early stages of developing an entire series of stories, all of them taking an encounter with the haunted chat line as their starting-point.

"I've no idea if that will still happen, but I'll be happy to see it thrown open to other writers if it does. For this outing, I'm putting everything I have to say on the subject into these two hours of film."

The other parts of the TV trilogy are Empathy and Sea of Souls, which also share a supernatural theme. Empathy is the story of an ex-con whose paranormal visions assist the police in the hunt for a murderer; and Life Line, directed by Jamie Payne,  is a supernatural love story. Sea of Souls is a two-part special, a continuation of a British TV series by the same name. Bill Paterson who starred in the SoS series, reprises his role as Professor Douglas Monaghan. (It was pretty good btw, I caught it on BBC-America.)

Yay, more Ray!  :party: :clap:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
fuzzybunny

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:45:29 PM »

That's great news!  I hope we get to see it in the States. :nailbite2:  In one of the interviews, Ray mentioned that he has an American agent now, so he was hoping to get more international stuff.  I hope that agent starts working harder, so there's more Ray for everybody.

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
JaxiB

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 06:26:30 AM »

Fantastic  :drule: news - more of Ray  :cheer: at long last - I can't wait!  :clap: Thanx.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:39:58 AM »

That's great news!  I hope we get to see it in the States. :nailbite2:  In one of the interviews, Ray mentioned that he has an American agent now, so he was hoping to get more international stuff.  I hope that agent starts working harder, so there's more Ray for everybody.

Great news, that  :D -- the possibility of more opportunities to see and hear Ray!!!  :drule:  :squirm:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
arieldan1

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 09:54:38 AM »

Awesome!!  Thanks for the news!  I love supernatural stuff, too!

:ariel:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 11:11:30 AM »

Yeah, I can't wait to see it too. I don't think Ray's done this genre before, either.  :think:

I've not read it, but the short story is said to be about a mysterious chatline summoning up a dead woman's voice.  That reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode in which an old woman kept receiving phone calls from her long dead fiance.  :o

Halloweenqueen

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 06:40:01 AM »

That American Agent better work like Ari in Entourage, Ray needs some state-side exposure!!!

RiActs

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »

I can't wait to see this. I love this type of program. And I don't think Ray has done anything like this.

He needs to do a comedy next. I don't think he has done one of those. Wait he did At Home With the Braithwaites. I read a review where they considered it a comedy. It was more like a drama to me.

Raggio il causa di globale tiepido!
(Ray is the cause of global warming!)
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 04:01:23 PM »

Ahh well I guess I can now forgive the BBC ever so slightly for not airing Rome season 2 in january as HBO are in the US. I shall look forward to seeing him in this. :clap:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 05:16:55 PM »

Ahh well I guess I can now forgive the BBC ever so slightly for not airing Rome season 2 in january as HBO are in the US. I shall look forward to seeing him in this. :clap:

Ohh, labia. So it's confirmed that BBC will not air Rome2 in January? That's awful.  :worry-rose:

Will you refrain from reading postings by American fans about the new season?  :shutup:

It is fab that you'll be able to see Life Line. I HOPE we will be able to see it in the US.  :squirm: :nailbite2:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »

There's an article about Rome in today's Providence Journal (Rhode Island) which includes snippets of a phone interview with Ray. Life Line is briefly mentioned:

"Hes just finished a drama for BBC called Lifeline in which he plays a man who finds, and then loses, love in a role thats a far cry from the rowdy Pullo. But hes also in an independent movie, Outpost, in which he plays a mercenary."

arieldan1

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 06:23:09 PM »

Thanks for the article, Lotis.  And that's a nice pic of Pullo and Gaia!

:ariel:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »

Just read Life Line is currently slated to air in March 2007. No other info though.

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 02:37:59 PM »

TV land: Jo Lines up; in the pipeline..(Features)
The Mirror (London, England)
December 15, 2006
Byline: Nicola Methven and Polly Hudson

Joanne Whalley (who used to be married to Val Kilmer) and Rome star Ray Stevenson have landed lead roles in a spooky new thriller for BBC1 next year.

In Life Line, they play Katy and Peter, a couple who split up then get back together 15 years later. But then there's a tragic twist and it all goes a bit supernatural.

In the two-part love story, Peter thinks he's losing his marbles until a mysterious girl called Catt pops up to offer some answers.

Our spines are tingling at the very thought.

oooh! :popcorn: 

Catt is played by Jemima Rooper from the BBC series "Hex" (in which she plays a ghost).  Jemima poste a note on her fansite saying, "I also finished a two part drama in which I play a really interesting (and very messed up) character which to be honest, is a rare thing for girls at the moment."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:24:19 PM by Lotis » Logged

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 09:34:34 AM »

HI!

Yesterday I heard the name of the new head of BBC America, on the radio. I think it's spelled Garth Ancier (sorry I didn't look it up before I got onto this site).

It just occurred to me that we could nicely flood him with e-mails asking that they make sure to let us see Life Line here in the USA. :fanmail:

Please, Mr. Ancier!!!!!!!!! :squirm: :pray:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: