Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 02:02:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Life Line (BBC / 2007)  (Read 73254 times)
Toduo

« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »

It is always interesting to see how these things get off the ground - especially at the BBC :cheers:

:toduo:
Nomad
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »

Very peculiar, don't you think, to write a blog on the execution of this film and not single out the actors who realised his vision on screen?  Brooligan waxes almost poetic about those behind the camera, yet merely lists the actors' names almost as if their contribution was beside the point.

Perhaps this blog entry is meant to flatter a production team he's hoping to work with again?  Or maybe actors are not held in the same esteem in the UK as they are here?  I dunno!  Did anybody else get the same impression reading this blog?

:nomad:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2008, 10:59:20 PM »

I was waiting to read something about Ray other than that he had been in Rome.

Oh well...he wasn't paid to write that article, so I guess he was free to write about whatever he wanted to write about for his own purposes.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Toduo

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »

Worse case scenario could be that he thought if he did not having anything positive to say about the performances it was better to say nothing(?) :cheers:

:toduo:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2008, 03:35:33 PM »

Geez'o'Peteys did we all read the same blog?

1)   took "Hauling like a Brooligan" to be a Spoonerism for brawling like a hooligan
2)  took the point of the whole blog entry to be an attempt to share the irony and existential angst of having his high quality work ignored in favor of a national passion for football (notice I did not say soccer :) )
3)  Took the lavishing of praise on the participants to be a literary device building up to the let-down.

Can't infer any negative on the part of the actors involved... network schedulers may be implicated here though.

:wingit:
Caroline

« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »

It sounds as if he would like the BBC to repeat it at a better time/date.

I couldn't remember why I never saw this last year, now I know - football!
Nomad
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2008, 09:15:08 PM »

A Google Alert appeared in my mailbox tonight, but when I clicked on the link, it wouldn't connect.  What I can gather from the blurb I could see, though, is that it appears Life Line is very soon to air in South Africa.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »

Excellent. You GO, Ray.

Ugh. The USA hasn't aired it yet.

Bleaaaagh....when I see how much "reality" TV is on the air these days..... The worst part (almost) is that the "reality" is so contrived.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
redshift

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2008, 07:46:41 AM »

Bleaaaagh....when I see how much "reality" TV is on the air these days..... The worst part (almost) is that the "reality" is so contrived.

Cam, you are so right. The latest series of Big Brother has started here, and already there's stories and endless coverage in the papers. I'm sure that's the only reason it does well, because of the attention the press pays to it. If you feel inclined you can watch up to 24 hours a day of it on digital t.v  Woo hoo! You get to watch people sleeping! I despair, I really do. :yucky:

:redshift:

:redshift:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2008, 07:55:03 AM »

A Google Alert appeared in my mailbox tonight, but when I clicked on the link, it wouldn't connect.  What I can gather from the blurb I could see, though, is that it appears Life Line is very soon to air in South Africa.

connected to it this is what is says:

Lifeline: Monday, 20:30, BBC Prime

A romance starring Joanne Whalley and Ray Stevenson in a supernatural love story. Successful entrepreneur Peter Briscoe leads an affluent but soulless life, having broken up with Katy, his one true love, 15 years earlier.

Back in London for his brother’s wedding, Peter catches a glimpse of Katy leaving an art gallery one evening and, determined to make up for lost time, decides to engineer a “chance” meeting between them.

:wingit:
Nomad
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2008, 08:36:48 AM »

Thenk you, Wing.  *snork*  (that was my attempt at a South African accent)   :whistle:

iblauralee

« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »

I have seen 1/2 of Life Line.  It was really great.  Ray is very sexy!! :crush: :lips:
Angelica Constantine

Hen be darned...I am a Rayven. Ray's Rayven!!!

« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2009, 01:40:27 AM »

I am watching Life Line now. Very odd, but interesting.

It's in a 2 part movie I think.  :-\

He has a nice Flat on the movie.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:43:15 AM by Angelica Constantine » Logged

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2009, 12:16:34 PM »

I am watching Life Line now. Very odd, but interesting.

It's in a 2 part movie I think.  :-\

He has a nice Flat on the movie.

Hi AC!

Oooh! Ray's got a nice flat what in Life Line? From what I saw he was very nicely er, undulating :giggly:

Did I imagine it or did someone say once that the beautiful home filmed as Peter Briscoe's in Life Line, actually belonged to Thierry Henry, ace footballer of Barcelona FC but once of Arsenal FC and whom I saw play rather magically on several occasions; veery handsome but a sod to his [ex] wife I recall...  ::)

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
iblauralee

« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2009, 01:16:48 PM »

Hello everybody.

I thought the flat was kinda weird although I liked the pool and the outdoor garden area.  I would have a hard time imagining cooking spaghetti sauce in that white, white kitchen.  Lots of florescent lighting too which I'm also not a huge fan of.  It also seemed a little bright in the bedroom all the time with the pool lights on.  Maybe that is just for the movie.  Athough with Ray in the bed, I would have a hard time sleeping no matter how dark it was!   :lips: :ray:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: