Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 01:05:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish List (What I'd like to see Ray in next)!  (Read 17708 times)
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »

What about a guest spot on one of the ubiquitous Law & Orders or CSIs?  Everyone else seems to get one. :think:  We'd get to see him and he'd get some more US exposure.

Good idea, fuzzy!  :neen: Gives me an idea for one additional post to add to my count!

:lol:How did you get ahead of me?  So glad I could have helped. :doh:

Thank you, fuzzy! Hey, let me buy you a beer.... :beer:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 09:07:06 PM »

OK since apparently "Criminal Minds" is now without its lead actor, wouldn’t it be fantastic if the next head of the profiling team were a very tall British guy.  Think about it.  Send CBS some peanuts or something.

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 09:17:34 PM »

OK since apparently "Criminal Minds" is now without its lead actor, wouldn’t it be fantastic if the next head of the profiling team were a very tall British guy.  Think about it.  Send CBS some peanuts or something.

Yeah, like he could be on loan from some British agency so he could keep his loverly British accent which is one reason we love him (among many others, of course)  :lol: :neen: :ray:
Who wants to come up with the pitch for the Criminal Minds writers?  :cheer2:

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Nomad
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »

Yeah, like he could be on loan from some British agency so he could keep his loverly British accent which is one reason we love him (among many others, of course)  :lol: :neen: :ray:
Who wants to come up with the pitch for the Criminal Minds writers?  :cheer2:

:brit:

Ooh!  Wot a brill idea!  I'll ask around about this! Wot happened to Mandy Patinkin?

Nomad  :lips: s Ray
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 05:12:48 AM »

Immediate assumption seems to be he is in salary negotiations and this is a tactic... but I remember they said that when he left "Chicago Hope" and the truth was that he was going blind and needed eye surgery and just kept it private.  So who knows.  Hope he is ok.  I like him a lot.

Bella

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 05:48:09 AM »

If it is a salary negotiations, shame on him. Like a million dollars an episode is not enough!? :huh:
But if it is for private reasons, then too bad because I also think Mandy is a great actor. Loved him in the "Princess Bride" movie.
But back to Ray, I could actually see that being a real solution to CBS's problem for the show. I know I would watch.  :cheer2:
Toduo

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 02:37:07 PM »

Wigit, you ever thought of becoming a casting director? I think, best suggestion so far, in sofar as TV goes. 'Criminal Minds' one of my all time fav U.S imports to UK. Mandy Patikin (probably not the correct spelling, sorry!) :embarassed: though 'law & order' a good one. What about 'Shark' - could see Ray as a good opponant for James Woods or failing that an old buddy who comes back to the fore? :hmm: are we sure Ray is still in  LA? any media sightings?

:toduo:
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 04:44:18 AM »

I would love to see him on Lost.  Superb writing and lots of shirtless opportunties.  :)

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 07:03:02 AM »

Wigit, you ever thought of becoming a casting director? 

Thank you Toduo.  Nice compliment.  That sounds like a fun job.  Never thought of it, though. Guessing it would be hard to break in to.

Toduo

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 09:24:42 AM »

Wigit, you ever thought of becoming a casting director? 

Thank you Toduo.  Nice compliment.  That sounds like a fun job.  Never thought of it, though. Guessing it would be hard to break in to.
:wave: Wingit, like most jobs associated with that business - its not what you know, but who you know!!! :hmm:

fuzzybunny

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 02:02:09 PM »

Criminal Minds' one of my all time fav U.S imports to UK. Mandy Patikin (probably not the correct spelling, sorry!) embarassed though 'law & order' a good one. What about 'Shark' - could see Ray as a good opponant for James Woods or failing that an old buddy who comes back to the fore? hmm are we sure Ray is still in  LA? any media sightings?

I didn't realize you were already getting Criminal Minds, Toduo.  I hadn't thought about Shark, but that is a good one, too.  I could see him as a lawyer.  My only concern about Shark is that I don't know how it's doing in the ratings.  I'd hate to see him signed on to a show right before it gets cancelled. :-\

Yes!  Ray is still in LA! Hopefully, at lots of business meetings. :caesaryes:
No.  No media sightings. :caesarno:

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
Toduo

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 02:13:42 PM »

Criminal Minds' one of my all time fav U.S imports to UK. Mandy Patikin (probably not the correct spelling, sorry!) embarassed though 'law & order' a good one. What about 'Shark' - could see Ray as a good opponant for James Woods or failing that an old buddy who comes back to the fore? hmm are we sure Ray is still in  LA? any media sightings?

I didn't realize you were already getting Criminal Minds, Toduo.  I hadn't thought about Shark, but that is a good one, too.  I could see him as a lawyer.  My only concern about Shark is that I don't know how it's doing in the ratings.  I'd hate to see him signed on to a show right before it gets cancelled. :-\

Yes!  Ray is still in LA! Hopefully, at lots of business meetings. :caesaryes:
No.  No media sightings. :caesarno:
Fuzzy, Criminal Minds - I think its been about a year or so that its aired here. Its very on/off and hasn't been on Channel 5 (one of our 5 main channels) for a few months, though I believe it has re runs on 'Freeview' channels or Sky. 'House' would be a good one. As a rival 'popular' no-it-all doctor to House himself, who then discovers Ray to be his long lost half-brother (its the height, you see!). Hate me forever, but have never heard Ray do an American accent and not sure that I want to. I only say that because I don't think we British are generally that convincing - Hugh Laurie is an exception that comes to mind. In fact I understand that a lot of Americans were surprised to know he is British, with a very British accent! Likewise, I'm not so convinced many Americans can carry off the English accent too well - look at Dick Van Dyke in 'Mary Poppins' - embarassing!!

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 02:46:04 PM »

:wave: Wingit, like most jobs associated with that business - its not what you know, but who you know!!! :hmm:

...and almost everyone I know is a techy/nerd/geek  :nerd: like me... so I must already be in the right profession.   :type:

Toduo

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »

...and almost everyone I know is a techy/nerd/geek  :nerd: like me... so I must already be in the right profession.   :type:
:huh: Wingit, won't have it that you are a techy/nerd/geek......or 'just' a techy/nerd/geek......so add those three to your good perception and voila......a Casting Director in the making !!! :cheers:

fuzzybunny

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 03:20:30 PM »

Hate me forever, but have never heard Ray do an American accent and not sure that I want to.

:lol: I'm with you there!  I generally prefer any actor with their original accent, but since Ray's is especially nice, it would be shame to ruin it.  With the number of accents you hear on a daily basis in just about any setting in the US and the UK, I'm not sure why whoever makes those decisions still feels the need to make actors "fake" an accent.  There's seldom a reason that the character's origin can't be explained logically.

Hugh Laurie is an exception that comes to mind. In fact I understand that a lot of Americans were surprised to know he is British, with a very British accent!

I've been a Laurie fan since the days of The Black Adder and Jeeves and Wooster.  Due to that, the American accent on him is very strange for me, too.  I think I've finally gotten used to it, but for the first season, every time he opened his mouth, I kept expecting his British accent.  It's almost as if his voice has changed along with it.

Likewise, I'm not so convinced many Americans can carry off the English accent too well - look at Dick Van Dyke in 'Mary Poppins' - embarassing!!

You mean that's not how y'all talk? :lol:  That one was truly cringe-worthy.  I agree.

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: