Ray Stevenson Community
February 23, 2018, 10:52:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: "Outpost"  (Read 93603 times)
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« on: January 02, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »

(Judging by the negative feedback in the "Hell's Horsemen" thread, I'm almost afraid to post this...)  :hysterical:

Ray Stevenson was cast as a mercenary in "Outpost", an indie flick developed by Neil Marshall of "Dog Soldiers" fame.  "Dog Soldiers" was a horror film with a sense of humour and starred Ray's "Rome" castmate Kevin McKidd.  "Outpost" will be in the same genre.  Principal photography begins 8 January, 2007 in Scotland.

Synopsis:  "Outpost is set on a derelict oil rig where a secret genetic experiment goes horrifically awry. 48 hours later a special military forces team arrives to investigate only to find themselves faced with a fearsome and mutating opponent."
*ruuuuuuns and hides* :hide:

McKidd was reportedly once also being considered for a role in "Outpost".  Small world, innit?   :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 12:01:48 AM by TitusPullo » Logged

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:16:59 AM »

Thanks Titus. I have more info on the site.  ;D

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
arieldan1

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 07:30:52 AM »

See, I love Dog Soldiers, so I'm having positive thoughts about this one!!!

:ariel:
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:18:31 AM »

This is totally a different animal!

Neil Marshall is fantastic!!!  I loved Dog Soldiers and he also did Descent.  Descent was the best horror movie of 2006! 

Super cool!!!

fuzzybunny

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 09:11:25 AM »

Thanks, Titus!

I agree this would be totally different.  This will be crap, but it will be good crap! :drule:

It's funny because I was just thinking that Ray should use Kevin McKidd's agent.  KMK gets such a wide variety of work.

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 10:45:59 AM »

Thanks, Titus!

I'm sorry about that date for the beginning of principal photography, though. I guess Ray won't be available for Rome Season 2 photo ops and interviews.  :(

Unless....hmmmm. Where Oh Where will this filming take place? Anyone know?  :cocky:

edited to add: oh..duhhh....You did say Scotland, Titus. grrrrrr.

I must go check out this additional info Lotis says she has......
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:22:12 AM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 01:38:29 PM »

I know Dog Soldiers and Descent were both filmed in Scotland.

I know quite a few actors were used in both movies.  Maybe this is the start of a long, working relationship. 

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 03:36:47 PM »

Outpost is being shot in the UK. 

I came across this blog, it has some pre-production pics of the producer, director of photography and the director, and some pics of the bunker where the action takes place being constructed, and the arts dept..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:26:43 PM by Lotis » Logged

Halloweenqueen

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 07:40:36 AM »

I'm pretty excited about this.  Neil Marshall's movies are not the typical horror/slasher movies.  He boldly cast The Descent with an all woman ensemble.  He also cast many of his Dog Soldiers starring actors as the creatures in The Descent, giving them individual personalities rather then just having extras play them. 

I wouldn't call his movies crap.  I think this is a terrific step forward for Ray.

fuzzybunny

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 08:43:17 AM »

I wouldn't call his movies crap.  I think this is a terrific step forward for Ray.

I meant crap in the best sense of the word. ;D  I intend to see it.  I love a good B movie and Marshall certainly delivers.  His movies don't win any industry awards, but they are always fun and tend to gain a fan base.  The idea of Ray wasting his talent in that Horsemen thing (which looks like crap in the bad sense of the word) made me shiver.  However, Outpost is likely to be a good move on his part.  Even if it doesn't win critical acclaim, it looks like he'll have a starring role and get international exposure, which is what we want for Ray.  I hope the role will lead to bigger and better things for him.

Edited, because I was looking through imdb and some of the official write ups for this.  It doesn't look like Marshall is attached to it at all.  Not producing, directing, writing.... :think:  Meh, whatever, Ray's hot and the movie looks fun.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:37:17 AM by fuzzybunny » Logged

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 08:11:56 PM »

Edited, because I was looking through imdb and some of the official write ups for this.  It doesn't look like Marshall is attached to it at all.  Not producing, directing, writing.... :think:  Meh, whatever, Ray's hot and the movie looks fun.

I gather that there have been a few changes, that the story was originally to take place on an oil rig and that Steve Barker is now directing instead of Neil Marshall. The screenplay is by Rae Brunton, who previously worked on a tv series with Marshall.

fuzzybunny

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »

I gather that there have been a few changes, that the story was originally to take place on an oil rig and that Steve Barker is now directing instead of Neil Marshall. The screenplay is by Rae Brunton, who previously worked on a tv series with Marshall.

Ah.  Thanks, Lotis.  That explains it.  It's a pity that Marshall isn't directing, because I did find an old interview with him that said he planned to have lots of sex scenes. ;D  Not like I'd watch any of talented Ray's movies just for the possibility he might be nude. :hypocrite:

Halloweenqueen

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 07:26:52 AM »

Wow, these new developments are disappointing.   :-\

Ray in any feature is a good thing though.

fuzzybunny

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 08:37:26 AM »

Wow, these new developments are disappointing.   :-\

Ray in any feature is a good thing though.

I agree that I'd feel better about it if this had stayed Marshall's project, but I've read what I can find about Barker.  He's fairly new and inexperienced, but so far seems like he might be promising.  His short film called, Magic Hour actually won a couple of awards, so hopefully it'll still be a decent movie.

As long as it hits theaters and doesn't go straight to video, I'll be happy.

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 09:03:12 AM »

The screenplay is by Rae Brunton, who previously worked on a tv series with Marshall.

I meant to write that Rae has worked with Steve Barker before (not Neil Marshall). I think the film shows lots of promise even though Marshall won't be directing. Both Rae and Steve have won awards for their work.

I like the premise, and the idea of an abandoned bunker over an oil rig. Then too, I like those pick-off-one-by-one films situated in dark n' creepy places, done right the psychological terror can be scarier than anything physical. Ten Little Indians and Alien are my favorites.  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: