Ray Stevenson Community
February 20, 2018, 06:42:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ē Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
  Print  
Author Topic: "Outpost"  (Read 93478 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2008, 05:37:51 PM »

Universities license the software in order to provide downloads.

Of course these sites show up in alerts and searches. Any site with an index page (which is every site) appears in search engine results. There are ways to limit spiders and bots but then people who want to find the downloads wouldn't find the sites.

Just because something is on the net doesn't make it legal. Don't think the industry does not go after these sites, they do. There are constant raids and court cases where sites have been shut down and the owners charged millions in fines. People who run these sites take extreme measures to limit their traceability. The ones who were not good at it or slipped up are the ones who get caught. But like cockroaches, for every one that gets squashed, 20 more appear.

Google for shut downs and you'll get results like "MPAA wins $111 Million Judgment Against Download Site", "Illegal Download Site Shut Down in Police Raid", "BitTorrent Sites Shut Down, Admins Arrested" and "Federal Agents Shut Down File-Sharing Web Site".

Some sites try to get around this by only providing links to other sites that are providing the actual downloads, but even those can get shut down too.

Legal video sites like YouTube and Google video actively remove videos found to violate copyright. They don't catch all of them as there are so many. They delete accounts of violators but people can change their IP addresses and give videos less obvious titles.

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »

*Sigh*

:no:

I STILL haven't seen Outpost. I REALLY want to  :frusty:

I was at the Super Store a few days ago with Hubby and as he was bored looking at the flowers with me [you can't beat a cheery bunch of bright yellow chrysanths, I say]; he wandered off to the DVD section. He caught up with me looking at the houseplants and said with glee "I've found Outpost for you". I gave him a big hug and kiss and was SO pleased with him I suggested we went to checkout there and then, bypassing the Homeware section [much to his relief although I was veery disappointed not to look at the cups and mugs as you never now when you'll need a new one that matches your existing set, I say]. Standing in the queue I glanced down into the trolley, only to be greeted by a shiny new DVD of 'Mr Bean's Holiday'. Hubby caught my eye and sniggered then soon took a few paces back as my eyes flashed dangerously as I was NOT pleased. He apologised and said he couldn't find Outpost as he was sure there'd been a HUGE rush by thousands to buy it, so he got me the next best and nearest thing to Ray Stevenson he could find.

I noticed he'd stopped looking so smug as we took an in-depth look at the towels and sheets and flannels back in Homeware. And he looked positively pained as I lingered over the pillowcases and marvelled over the colours one can find nowadays. He looked rather ill when I asked his opinion on the duvet sets and did he think the burgundy would match our bedroom? Still, I told him he had an evening of Mr Bean to look forward to once he'd cleaned the kitchen floor with a toothbrush [revenge is sweet, I say]  :grinny:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Nomad
« Reply #317 on: December 27, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »

Apparently there are differences between the North American and the UK versions...

Outpost:  Like Vampire Diary (read below), donít let the bad cover art turn you off from this British supernatural horror film.  In my opinion, its better than Deathwatch and The Bunker (all similar in concept in concept and very good) in part due to the atmosphere created for the film.  It has a lot of suspense but also goes for atmosphere and the dramatic lighting helps a lot.  Its well directed (an excellent debut), well shot and acted all around.  Fans of Rome will see Ray Stevenson in the lead here.  But if you can, I recommend buying the UK disc, it comes with commentary and making of featurettes; US disc just has deleted scenes. 

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_13746.html

:nomad:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 01:06:14 PM by Nomad » Logged
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2008, 09:38:45 PM »

Grrrrrrr. Son of a murderous Empire Magazine-reading outhouse-loitering Nazi zombie!

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #319 on: December 28, 2008, 05:09:52 AM »

Apparently there are differences between the North American and the UK versions...

[/b]Outpost:  Like Vampire Diary (read below), donít let the bad cover art turn you off from this British supernatural horror film.  In my opinion, its better than Deathwatch and The Bunker (all similar in concept in concept and very good) in part due to the atmosphere created for the film.  It has a lot of suspense but also goes for atmosphere and the dramatic lighting helps a lot.  Its well directed (an excellent debut), well shot and acted all around.  Fans of Rome will see Ray Stevenson in the lead here.  But if you can, I recommend buying the UK disc, it comes with commentary and making of featurettes; US disc just has deleted scenes.  [/b]

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_13746.html

Woohooo! More on the UK disc eh?!

I STILL haven't seen Outpost  :dget:

I might ask my Hubby for this as a birthday pressie. I can wait a few weeks more as I've waited this long  :cheer2:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2008, 06:22:11 PM »

You know.....I always liked this movie, and not just for Ray  :snog:, I liked the concept, very Twilight Zonish...a show I loved in the 60's (?) which is still in reruns today. When I saw it I thought, with a little more character background in the beginning, and a little more fleshing out later, this could have been a much better movie. Netlfix watchers gave it an average of 3 out of 5 stars... 3 stars means "I liked it", and 6 out of 10 on IMDB. Just the begining moved way too slowly, leaving less time for story development later on.

Ray was the best as always, he did very well with the part... :lips: :rockon2:

*psssst* don't tell anyone, but I liked it better than the "Punisher" ....except of course that Ray was GREAT in it.  :clap:   
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 06:24:18 PM by mob1 » Logged

Mob1 icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #321 on: December 31, 2008, 10:55:55 AM »

So I didn't have to wait for my birthday before the joys of seeing Ray in Outpost. As I said in the 'Shout' section, I cheekily decided to surprise my Hubby on his Birthday with a newly purchased discount-priced copy of the Outpost DVD [with extra featurettes!]. So it was his special day yesterday and I shall describe the morning scene in the Labia's bedroom where he opened his surprise...

Labia and Mr Labia all cozy in bed [doing nowt but snoring actually] when daughter bursts in with two half cups of tea [the other halves in the tray or making the neat trail of wet, brown spots on the beige carpet up the stairs and along the landing and into our bedroom - but one can't remonstrate at such a time can one - nor when one is too half asleep to worry anyway], followed by the cat. One minute later and daughter [now also in bed with us] and I are singing Happy Birthday to Hubby. He congratulates me for being the first person ever to sing him Happy Birthday in his bed, sounding like Professor Stephen Hawking [OK I have a really croaky voice due to this bloomin' sore throat bug going round]. The cat, with perfect timing, then jumps onto the bed and right into Mr Labia's er, meat and two veg, and I can then congratulate him in return for suddenly sounding like Professor Stephen Hawking too. Hubby mutters something unintelligible from under the duvet where he is curled in a ball for some reason.

Daughter spies the pile of cards and pressies in the corner and insists Hubby opens them immediately. My card to him has a wee man cartoon character wot says... "to the man who has everything... brilliant mind... brilliant body... brilliant wit... brilliant... [opens card] WIFE! Hubby snorts as I beam that I couldn't have found a more appropriate card. Daughter's home-made card has a joke about him being the Best Farting Dad and he snorts again. Hmmm. I should've noticed that a snorting Hubby with sore b*ll*cks did not bode well for my joke pressie.

He opened his pressie from daughter - a tube of 'ultimate control' hair gel, guaranteed to keep everything in place. I swear he muttered something about needing 'ultimate control' wife gel? Thankfully, he loved his first pressie from me - new jeans. Then the DVD-shaped pressie was held out. I giggled and said "think of that film you've wanted to see for AGES?! The one with a bunker and Nazis *cough*. He beamed with pleasure and said "Oh you found it?! I've SO wanted to see it. Where did you get it?". He looked at me quizzically for a moment when I mentioned my scarf but tore happily at the wrapping paper. "Eeeeughhh! What's this?" he gasped at seeing Outpost. "It's that bloody awful Ray Stevenson film?! Grrrrr". I sniggered and reiterated it DID have a bunker and Nazis, as promised, so what was his problem. I admit to being rather hurt when I mentioned proudly that I have Ray's scarf from the film, only to be met with some comment about the scarf getting an academy award nomination above Ray. I reluctantly gave him his REAL bunker and Nazi DVD pressie - a copy of The Downfall: Hitler and the End of the Third Reich [German with English subtitles]. He was thrilled but I'm peeved with him so I tried to hide his third present under the duvet.

Unfortunately daughter spotted me and insisted he opened it. It was rather embarrassing as I'd meant to give it to him privately, later. He opened the gift and a tiny pair of red racy lacy's dropped out for all to see. I swear even the cat raised her eyebrows. Daughter said loudly "Mum, why have you bought dad a pair of knickers?". I coughed and lied through my teeth [blushing bright pink, like the rest of me] "Oh! I thought they were underpants! I must've picked up the wrong pair!". Daughter giggled and exclaimed what a dozy Mum she's got. Hubby giggled and said he'd need to punish his dozy wife later, for a multitude of sins, especially getting the wrong DVD and knickers. I said [nose in the air] that my scarf and I will be watching Ray in Outpost tonight so I suggested he wears his new knickers and brushes up on his German grammar instead.

I couldn't go through with it of course. It was his Birthday [and as I told him, at his age we don't know how many more he'll enjoy] so HE did watch his new DVD and I tried on the knickers instead. All in all Hubby had a lovely birthday. Thanks to those who posted him best wishes. I think they did come true *cough*

*Sigh* I WILL get to see Outpost soon!

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #322 on: December 31, 2008, 02:07:09 PM »

It sounds like you're a good wife and mother, Labia. For that matter, it sounds like Mr. Labia is worth his salt as the man of the house. I trust, therefore, that any wet spots were attended to.  ::)

We have a new puppy in the house, and we're lucky she hasn't caused any wet spots in the house yet. Thank goodness she came to us trained to do her "business" outside. But she is so full of long-legged exuberance, I am nervous she will cause me to spill my drink while she barges past me on the stairs or will knock one of us down on the stairs. She's awfully cute, though.

Best wishes for a good 2009 to all creatures great and not-so-great! :cheers:

Oh, Labia -- Please share with us one of your fabulous descriptions of any extra Ray moments on the Outpost DVD which you have on your DVD but which we Americans cannot get on our DVD's. :-\

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #323 on: December 31, 2008, 07:46:48 PM »

awww...Labia, what lovely pressies for hubby..of course, all I can think of are the red knickers and Ray...visions of a  lollipop and sugar plums started dancing through my head at that thought.  :idea:

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »

*golfclap* Well done, Labia.  Cheers to hubby's afterbirth day.  I'm guessing those red knickers may come to good use to keep him from binning that bloody Ray Stevenson ... er, film.   :D

And I too look forward to your hilarious recaps.   :popcorn:

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #325 on: January 01, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »

awww...Labia, what lovely pressies for hubby..of course, all I can think of are the red knickers and Ray...visions of a  lollipop and sugar plums started dancing through my head at that thought.  :idea:

Oooh MOB! Happy New Year to you and everyone BTW!

Yup, Mr Labia loved his real birthday pressies. Jeans fit a treat [I'm well practiced with his inside leg measurements *cough*] and his Downfall DVD has been something he's been after for a while. The red racy lacy's were *cough* very successfully fitted and removed and *edited* *coughs again violently*

Oooh! The visions dancing in my head are very similar to yours except Ray is wearing a red eye patch as I *edited* lollipop and attempt to get a *edited* his sugar plums  :cheer2:

Edited by a snuffly, restless and rarely-insomniac Labia
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 06:20:54 PM by Labiaofthejulii » Logged

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »

So I didn't have to wait for my birthday before the joys of seeing Ray in Outpost. As I said in the 'Shout' section, I cheekily decided to surprise my Hubby on his Birthday with a newly purchased discount-priced copy of the Outpost DVD [with extra featurettes!]. So it was his special day yesterday and I shall describe the morning scene in the Labia's bedroom where he opened his surprise...

Labia and Mr Labia all cozy in bed [doing nowt but snoring actually] when daughter bursts in with two half cups of tea [the other halves in the tray or making the neat trail of wet, brown spots on the beige carpet up the stairs and along the landing and into our bedroom - but one can't remonstrate at such a time can one - nor when one is too half asleep to worry anyway], followed by the cat. One minute later and daughter [now also in bed with us] and I are singing Happy Birthday to Hubby. He congratulates me for being the first person ever to sing him Happy Birthday in his bed, sounding like Professor Stephen Hawking [OK I have a really croaky voice due to this bloomin' sore throat bug going round]. The cat, with perfect timing, then jumps onto the bed and right into Mr Labia's er, meat and two veg, and I can then congratulate him in return for suddenly sounding like Professor Stephen Hawking too. Hubby mutters something unintelligible from under the duvet where he is curled in a ball for some reason.

Daughter spies the pile of cards and pressies in the corner and insists Hubby opens them immediately. My card to him has a wee man cartoon character wot says... "to the man who has everything... brilliant mind... brilliant body... brilliant wit... brilliant... [opens card] WIFE! Hubby snorts as I beam that I couldn't have found a more appropriate card. Daughter's home-made card has a joke about him being the Best Farting Dad and he snorts again. Hmmm. I should've noticed that a snorting Hubby with sore b*ll*cks did not bode well for my joke pressie.

He opened his pressie from daughter - a tube of 'ultimate control' hair gel, guaranteed to keep everything in place. I swear he muttered something about needing 'ultimate control' wife gel? Thankfully, he loved his first pressie from me - new jeans. Then the DVD-shaped pressie was held out. I giggled and said "think of that film you've wanted to see for AGES?! The one with a bunker and Nazis *cough*. He beamed with pleasure and said "Oh you found it?! I've SO wanted to see it. Where did you get it?". He looked at me quizzically for a moment when I mentioned my scarf but tore happily at the wrapping paper. "Eeeeughhh! What's this?" he gasped at seeing Outpost. "It's that bloody awful Ray Stevenson film?! Grrrrr". I sniggered and reiterated it DID have a bunker and Nazis, as promised, so what was his problem. I admit to being rather hurt when I mentioned proudly that I have Ray's scarf from the film, only to be met with some comment about the scarf getting an academy award nomination above Ray. I reluctantly gave him his REAL bunker and Nazi DVD pressie - a copy of The Downfall: Hitler and the End of the Third Reich [German with English subtitles]. He was thrilled but I'm peeved with him so I tried to hide his third present under the duvet.

Unfortunately daughter spotted me and insisted he opened it. It was rather embarrassing as I'd meant to give it to him privately, later. He opened the gift and a tiny pair of red racy lacy's dropped out for all to see. I swear even the cat raised her eyebrows. Daughter said loudly "Mum, why have you bought dad a pair of knickers?". I coughed and lied through my teeth [blushing bright pink, like the rest of me] "Oh! I thought they were underpants! I must've picked up the wrong pair!". Daughter giggled and exclaimed what a dozy Mum she's got. Hubby giggled and said he'd need to punish his dozy wife later, for a multitude of sins, especially getting the wrong DVD and knickers. I said [nose in the air] that my scarf and I will be watching Ray in Outpost tonight so I suggested he wears his new knickers and brushes up on his German grammar instead.

I couldn't go through with it of course. It was his Birthday [and as I told him, at his age we don't know how many more he'll enjoy] so HE did watch his new DVD and I tried on the knickers instead. All in all Hubby had a lovely birthday. Thanks to those who posted him best wishes. I think they did come true *cough*

*Sigh* I WILL get to see Outpost soon!

Oh my goodness. Has it really been THIS long since I became the proud owner of Outpost on DVD?!

I'm woefully ashamed to say I STILL haven't seen the film. Not through want of trying I can assure you. Actually, it's because I'm too scared to see it on my own and hubby always seems very busy when I suggest we cuddle up on the sofa and watch it together. I ask you - how busy can one man be with re-arranging his collection of British first class postage stamps between the period 2000 - 2001? He's so proud of it and it's sooo precious he's never allowed me to see it  ::)

Anyway, what I HAVE seen are some of the special features of the DVD and I have a funny wee bit with darling Ray SteVenson to tell RayVers about... give me a few days as I've got a really busy weekend looming.

Oh! TitusPullo started this Outpost Thread! How lovely!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam TP icon

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Toduo

« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2009, 03:47:33 PM »

Labia,

I still have not seen Outpost/Punisher. I will get around to both at some point I am sure. Neither Punisher nor Outpost had huge distribution here and certainly not at either of my local cinemas :cheers:

:toduo:
Nomad
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »

Labia,

I still have not seen Outpost/Punisher. I will get around to both at some point I am sure. Neither Punisher nor Outpost had huge distribution here and certainly not at either of my local cinemas :cheers:

The lack of venues for both these films is the result of a social responsibility and restraint heretofore unprecedented in the film industry.

Indeed, Ray is so hot that distributors realised the social dis-order that would inevitably ensue were too many hens to be exposed to Ray at one time.  Not to mention a feared increase in the divorce rate as women compared their hopelessly inadequate husbands to the delight and perfection that is Ray. :crush:

Therefore, it was thought that smaller doses of Ray would protect the social order, such as it is.

:cheers:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #329 on: April 07, 2009, 11:04:49 AM »

Labia,

The lack of venues for both these films is the result of a social responsibility and restraint heretofore unprecedented in the film industry.

Indeed, Ray is so hot that distributors realised the social dis-order that would inevitably ensue were too many hens to be exposed to Ray at one time.  Not to mention a feared increase in the divorce rate as women compared their hopelessly inadequate husbands to the delight and perfection that is Ray. :crush:

Therefore, it was thought that smaller doses of Ray would protect the social order, such as it is.

:cheers:

I entirely agree Nomad. The evening before my birthday, hubby suggested he take me to the cinema to see Punisher War Zone as an early present. I was thrilled as until that moment, my idea of an early present was snuggling up on the sofa to watch my Outpost DVD, long unwatched and gathering dust on top of the TV [for reasons aforementioned earlier in this thread].

I'd only seen that PWZ was playing at one certain cinema in the City [not our local one] earlier that day and frankly I was highly annoyed that the publicity and promotion had been zero. Less than zero! But then I realised like you, Nomad, that to allow Ray SteVenson to have too much exposure to too many women in one place, might create it's own 'chaos' effect [like a butterfly's wing flapping causing a tsunami on the other side of the world]; thus a million pants for Ray [as in heavy breathing, not knickers... although... now I mention it...] in unison, might just have that social disorder effect you mentioned and that can't be good for anyone.

Arriving at the cinema, barely stopping for a bucket of popcorn, I ran into Screen 6 to ensure I got the best seat; hubby dawdling at the back with his 'I already need a cigarette as it's non-bloody-smoking here' look. There were 2 other people in the cinema. I had to sit there and listen to hubby chortling and sniggering and pretending to work his way through an imaginary crowd to join me in my seat. I pointed out [nose in the air] that it was 7pm on a Tuesday evening and a seriously violent adult film was hardly likely to attract a crowd, until the pubs had at least chucked out after last orders. How I wish instead I had stated your case Nomad, about the unprecedented move in the film industry to ensure the safety of RayVing hens in such circumstances.

By the same token, I now understand that when Outpost was released here, it wasn't even put on any cinema in the whole of Leicestershire. The distributors must've been known that myself and any other mad RayVing hens, were too close to being overwhelmed by Ray on the big screen so chose to put it on in Coventry, Warwickshire instead!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:06:23 AM by Labiaofthejulii » Logged

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
  Print  

Jump to: