Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:14:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: G:MT Greenwich Mean Time  (Read 2543 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: January 03, 2007, 05:22:21 PM »

I found a bargain bin copy of this movie, an Asian import (or more likely a bootleg - no menu or means to shut off the Chinese subtitles), but for $4. I can't complain.  ;D

This isn't a movie worth hunting down if your sole interest is to see Ray in another role. He appears at the beginning of the film and his part ends the same time as the extended opening credits. Ray played Mr. Hardy, a high school teacher with a class that's about to graduate. And, like typical seniors, they're more excited about finally graduating than any serious thoughts about how much their lives are going to change.

And that sets up the rest of the movie which is an ensemble adventure into being young adults out on their own, along the lines of a St. Elmo's Fire. Except this particular group of close friends from Mr. Hardy's class are musically inclined with hopes of making it big as a musical group. The rest of the movie focuses on their ups and downs and their intra-group tribulations. Some keep themselves together, others crash n' burn and some crash but rise again.

Overall, I thought it was an ok movie. Not on par with St. Elmo's, but a decent enough watch if one were to stumble across it while channel surfing.

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: