Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:27:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Babylon Fields  (Read 75276 times)
Nomad
« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »

I recently read the most interesting article about why the new season begins (or once did, anyway) in September.  In the 50s, the biggest advertisers on television were automobile manufacturers.  They released new models for the upcoming year in September.  Ergo, it was their advertising dollars that dictated the beginning of the new television season when viewership was likely to be highest.

I find the strangest things to be interesting! 

I don't remember when mid-season replacements became common.  It seems to me that most shows were given 26 weeks to hit their stride and develop viewership.  Then it went down to 13.  Now, some shows are pulled after just a few episodes.  Does anybody have another piece of that television arcana to share?

:nomad:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2007, 07:02:27 AM »

I saw the Babylon Fields pilot recently.   :zombie: :zwalk:

Well, the workprint anyhow.  I was quite distracted by the dialogue all in one channel and the music/fx in the other, plus the film hadn't been pushed yet so it was quite visually dodgy in places, and I think some scenes were missing .... but I did enjoy the story!  Cared for some of the characters and hated others, lots of potential drama.  Hope it makes a mid-season replacement.

I do hope some of the dialogue improves though.  I clutched my ribs when Sheriff Carl (Ray) fired his gun and growled this howler: "A little calm, dammit!  Until we know what we're dealing with here.  That's the LAW!"  *smacks writers and dialect coach*  Yeah, Ray's accent still needed some work.   :nope:

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »

Hi TP,  :wave: thanks for the info, but not quite ready to be influenced your "editorial input" since you probably have a bad case of gun envy.  Am curious for details on how, when, where your got to do this, unless a proxy server is involved.   

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2007, 05:31:20 PM »

Hi TP,  :wave: thanks for the info, but not quite ready to be influenced your "editorial input" since you probably have a bad case of gun envy.  Am curious for details on how, when, where your got to do this, unless a proxy server is involved.   

Awaiting Titus's reply :popcorn:.   :cool2: 

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2007, 01:24:15 AM »

Well, the workprint anyhow.  I was quite distracted by the dialogue all in one channel and the music/fx in the other, plus the film hadn't been pushed yet so it was quite visually dodgy in places, and I think some scenes were missing .... but I did enjoy the story!  Cared for some of the characters and hated others, lots of potential drama.  Hope it makes a mid-season replacement.

I do hope some of the dialogue improves though.  I clutched my ribs when Sheriff Carl (Ray) fired his gun and growled this howler: "A little calm, dammit!  Until we know what we're dealing with here.  That's the LAW!"  *smacks writers and dialect coach*  Yeah, Ray's accent still needed some work.   :nope:

*Labia reads and has a feeling of deja vu*

Nice piccie BTW. Pig. Year of?

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2007, 04:46:40 AM »

aww. I hope you cared for Carl, Titus. Thanks; glad you found it enjoyable. *crosses fingers hoping we get to see Ray in this*

They have zombie laws on Long Island? eep...I hope he delivered that line better than Stallone delivered the line "I AM the law!" in Judge Dredd.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Toduo

« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2007, 06:00:00 AM »

Lab :wave: Year of the Boar  :hmm: Well, I think you are being very kind giving Ray the benefit of the doubt! Pig in a top hat and blue boa doesn't do it for me :lol: :cheers:

:toduo:
fuzzybunny

« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2007, 05:51:05 AM »

Thanks for the review, Titus.   :cool2:  Of course, since you've seen it, if this puppy never gets to air, you'll have to act it out for us, so we don't feel like we're missing anything. ;D :popcorn:

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2007, 08:42:43 AM »

Thanks for the review, Titus.   :cool2:  Of course, since you've seen it, if this puppy never gets to air, you'll have to act it out for us, so we don't feel like we're missing anything. ;D :popcorn:

BF done in panto, now there's a whole other level of scary just added to the pilot!  :lol:

...   :panto:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2007, 01:45:15 PM »

BF done in panto, now there's a whole other level of scary just added to the pilot!  :lol:

...   :panto:

AND DELIVERED BY PROXY SERVER, NO LESS!  OH, NO! :neen:

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Aggripanilla

« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2007, 06:23:26 AM »

Titus,

Your piccy is strangely disturbing.  I can't put my finger on it.  Like a Roman soldier in drag. ;)  :devilish:

Vote for Rome!
http://richlabonte.net/tvvote/
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice
Nomad
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2007, 08:54:22 AM »

I haven't checked lately to see if it's still there, but last week the Babylon Fields pilot was available on Google Video.   

Ray isn't in it as much as I would have thought.  The pilot is setting up the various stories, and Ray's character spends a lot of time reacting to them.  His own part of the story hadn't unfolded yet.  Apparently his wife was to be one of the resurrected zombies, but we don't yet see her in this first episode.

It would have been an interesting program had they chosen to proceed with it!  Bugger CBS!!!

:nomad:
JaxiB

« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2007, 06:12:14 AM »

Been disappointed about this show not screening, t'was something I'd been looking forward to, my sort of thing, lol....a bit dark an' 'orrible. Infact, Ray's   :worry-rose: the only nice  :worshippy: thing I like, haha.
Eirene

I'm sitting in a bowl of porridge, all night long.

« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2007, 01:19:03 PM »

As usual, yes, JaxiB, I agree. No matter how horrible a show, if Ray is in it, I'd be willing to watch it, just for his sake. I haven't seen any of Babylon Fields and several other things with Ray in it we can't get to see that easily over here,  :worry-rose: Too bad, eh?  ;)

"You Shave, I Kiss!" (Season 2, ep.14)

:eirene:

www.myspace.com/eirenepullonis
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2007, 01:45:29 PM »

Eirene, check under the tree.  ;)

:whistle:

:lotis:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15