Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:37:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: King Arthur  (Read 41696 times)
patientia

« on: March 20, 2007, 05:01:02 PM »

I´ve been hunting´King Arthur`movie something like 1 month. Strange, but I couldn`t find it anywhere (stores). Then yesterday it come out on TV. Of course I taped it...    :squirm:
My dear hero Ray-Dagonet was so gallant and gorgeous. But there was not enough R or his sexy voice in it (arrght..!).

Want´s more!
Because
Ray is so :drool2: ...
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 06:48:36 AM »

I know that Amazon has it for $10 or so.

I never get tired of watching it!

Tryne

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 08:36:36 AM »

I´ve been hunting´King Arthur`movie something like 1 month. Strange, but I couldn`t find it anywhere (stores). Then yesterday it come out on TV. Of course I taped it...    :squirm:
My dear hero Ray-Dagonet was so gallant and gorgeous. But there was not enough R or his sexy voice in it (arrght..!).

Want´s more!
Because
Ray is so :drool2: ...

Hey... be sure to buy the director's cut version. It doesn't contain more clips with Ray, but it is much better  :cheer:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Tryne

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 05:43:51 AM »

I've just watched 'King Arthur' again (the director's cut-version) and there are some extra material which includes Ray. It is a very short sequence but we see him fighting and comment on the scene. He looks pretty good (of course  :cool2:)

If you want the director's cut version, you can order it on Play.com. The price here is only £ 5.99 and they deliver free in UK and Amazon.com has it for $9.99.
Have fun  ;)

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 09:27:25 AM »

I've just watched 'King Arthur' again (the director's cut-version) and there are some extra material which includes Ray. It is a very short sequence but we see him fighting and comment on the scene. He looks pretty good (of course  :cool2:)

oh dear. Now you may make me buy it...just to see probably 10 seconds of extra Ray, if that. :lol:

Camamar  :bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »

oh dear. Now you may make me buy it...just to see probably 10 seconds of extra Ray, if that. :lol:

For 10 seconds, there's always Netflix or Blockbuster.  ;D

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Tryne

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »

For 10 seconds, there's always Netflix or Blockbuster.  ;D

Ha ha...  ;D... my Blockbuster don't have Theory of flight OR anything Ray-related other than Rome and King Arthur... Guess Denmark really IS a small country  :dget:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:33:40 AM by Tryne » Logged

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 05:44:15 PM »

Ha ha...  ;D... my Blockbuster don't have Theory of flight OR anything Ray-related other than Rome and King Arthur... Guess Denmark really IS a small country  :dget:

Time for eBay or Amazon.  ;D

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »

And you definitely need the director's cut because what they showed on the FX channel last night was terrible - bad lighting (I mean it was the Dark Ages), minimal dialogue by our darling Ray, and no nice director's closeups of Ray's bedroom eyes - though you could tell they were expressive.  :crush:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 07:54:17 AM »

Dagonet had this to say (according to Wikiquote):

Let it go, Bors.

The Romans have broken their word. We have the word of Arthur. That is good enough. I’ll prepare. Bors, you coming?

Inish!Devil ghosts!

This one’s dead.

You must not fear me.

Arthur! He burns. Brave boy.

(to Lucan) Down.

(in fighting position) Yeah!

Here. Now.

and of course a few grunts...

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
redshift

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »

It wasn't helped by Kiera Knightley wafting about in an off-the-shoulder number. Completely mis-cast.

:redshift:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 08:37:50 AM »

Dagonet had this to say (according to Wikiquote):

Let it go, Bors.

The Romans have broken their word. We have the word of Arthur. That is good enough. I’ll prepare. Bors, you coming?

Inish!Devil ghosts!

This one’s dead.

You must not fear me.

Arthur! He burns. Brave boy.

(to Lucan) Down.

(in fighting position) Yeah!

Here. Now.

and of course a few grunts...

Thus raising monosyllabism to an art form.  :poetic:

Seriously, it says a lot about Ray's talent that he stood out for so many despite minimal lines. :fame:

I stop watching after Dagonet dies. :cry:

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 08:54:48 AM »

Have to agree that Keira Knightley was totally miscast...simply not believable as a warrior Guinevere.

Can´t say I remember much of the movie after Dagonet was killed.

But have to say I absolutely hate Stellan Skarsgård as a sort of proto-Nazi, mumbling away in his beard. Talk about wasting an otherwise really good actor.

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 08:58:42 AM »

But have to say I absolutely hate Stellan Skarsgård as a sort of proto-Nazi, mumbling away in his beard. Talk about wasting an otherwise really good actor.

Is it me, or did he sound like he had a Southern US twang? Whatever it was, it was just wrong, he sounded more like Gary Busey than a Saxon king.   :D

Nomad
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 12:38:03 PM »

Time for eBay or Amazon.  ;D

I don't think you can get Theory of Flight on DVD here in the US either.  Last I looked, Amazon had a few used copies on video.  Meh.  I'll wait to capture it from cable, on the DVR.

:nomad:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: