Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 12:05:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: King Arthur  (Read 41792 times)
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 03:09:56 PM »

Dagonet had this to say (according to Wikiquote):

Let it go, Bors.

The Romans have broken their word. We have the word of Arthur. That is good enough. I’ll prepare. Bors, you coming?

Inish!Devil ghosts!

This one’s dead.

You must not fear me.

Arthur! He burns. Brave boy.

(to Lucan) Down.

(in fighting position) Yeah!

Here. Now.

and of course a few grunts...

Hey! They missed that he had a couple of lines about smells.

He said something about how all the rain in Britain helps wash away the smell of the blood. And after he (I started typing "they" but then I remembered that it was big, strong Dagonet who did it :crush:) broke into the dungeon, he said something about how from the smell of things, everyone locked in the dungeon was dead.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 01:17:07 AM »

Just went back to check the dungeon scene and itīs one of the other knights who say the line about ...from the smell of them theyīre all dead...

And I donīt think the rain-smell line is Dagonets either...just did clips of his scenes and canīt remember him saying that. Do you know when this line is said?

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 03:25:45 AM »

Just went back to check the dungeon scene and itīs one of the other knights who say the line about ...from the smell of them theyīre all dead...

And I donīt think the rain-smell line is Dagonets either...just did clips of his scenes and canīt remember him saying that. Do you know when this line is said?

In the dungeon scene, I clearly remember Dag is holding his hand in front of his face, and I could have sworn he said some line right there. (I don't have it on DVD or recorded. ...Well....somewhere on some videotape I have some Ray scenes from KA recorded....but dunno which tape or where it is at this pont. I know...HORRORS! I figure why buy the DVD when Ray is not in the film much, and I don't care about the rest of the film enough)

In the scene about the blood, the guys are sitting around at night complaining about how rainy Britain is, while they are getting drenched. Actually, I think Bors says it washes the blood away, and Dagonet says it doesn't wash away the smell.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 05:20:02 AM »

Hmmm...have checked the DVD again (directorīs cut) and that dialogue in the rain is not on it. May be on the theatrical release DVD though...because I do remember that scene. Bors says someting about Vanora wanting to name the children and how heīll miss them if he leaves.

Odd...I thought the directorīs cut would only have scenes added, not some cut from the theatrical release...

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 01:00:28 AM »

Hey Camamar...I have just checked the theatrical release DVD which does include that scene in the rain...

So Dagonetīs vocabulary is now:

Let it go, Bors.

The Romans have broken their word. We have the word of Arthur. That is good enough. I’ll prepare. Bors, you coming?

Inish!Devil ghosts!

Doesn't help the smell.

- You'd miss 'em too much.(to Bors re leaving the children behind)

This one’s dead.

Arthur! (lifts Lucan out of the hole) You must not fear me.

Arthur! He burns. Brave boy.

(to Lucan) Down.

(in fighting position) Yeah!

Here. Now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:31:36 AM by AemiliaCamilla » Logged

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 04:54:37 AM »

;D AemiliaCamilla, you remind me of the time LabiaoftheJulii, Salus and I were recounting all of Dagonet's lines on the HBO Rome board (we threw various sexy grunts in, though). Salus had to come in after Labia and me and remind us of lines we had missed, admonishing us for being slackers at RayVing.  :D

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 10:18:10 AM »

;D AemiliaCamilla, you remind me of the time LabiaoftheJulii, Salus and I were recounting all of Dagonet's lines on the HBO Rome board (we threw various sexy grunts in, though). Salus had to come in after Labia and me and remind us of lines we had missed, admonishing us for being slackers at RayVing.  :D

oops. I didn't mean "admonish". I meant to say Salus was teasing and criticising Labia and me. Dunno what word I was thinking of when I posted earlier.  :P :dget:

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 03:08:45 PM »

Ahahahaha Camamar!

Salus, of course, was absolutely factually correct about Ray's lines as Dagonet.

But MY mind played funny tricks [*ahem* must be all that swooning over Ray wot does it?!]. I could have sworn Dagonet says nothing but 23 "Arthur"s and 47 "Grunt"s during the film. And he keeps handling his weapon. Actually mebbe that last bit was just in a dream I had once *snork*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Tryne

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 07:21:34 AM »

And he keeps handling his weapon. Actually mebbe that last bit was just in a dream I had once *snork*

:lol: .. Tsk, tsk, Labia  :giggly:
:tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Tickle-my-toes
Newbie.

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 08:46:13 AM »

And look what became of the King Arthur knights.  Clive Owen is in some 'Shoot Em Up' thing where he leaps about in black, guns blazing, in some sort of comic deathfest sendup.  The Welsh one (Launcelot) has just starred in a Marvel production of superheroes.  And dear Ray is in a combo of the two: Marvel movie about a man in black despatching the baddies PDQ.  What's happening ???!!!!  :devilish:
Toduo

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 10:28:55 AM »

And look what became of the King Arthur knights.  Clive Owen is in some 'Shoot Em Up' thing where he leaps about in black, guns blazing, in some sort of comic deathfest sendup.  The Welsh one (Launcelot) has just starred in a Marvel production of superheroes.  And dear Ray is in a combo of the two: Marvel movie about a man in black despatching the baddies PDQ.  What's happening ???!!!!  :devilish:

What indeed.......... :hmm: :cheers:

:toduo:
Tryne

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 02:48:41 AM »

Come on girls ... what is wrong with good looking, fighting, men in black clothes playing heroes .... They're welcome in my home ... anytime  :-* ;)
:tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 01:50:32 AM »

Well, I donīt know about that Tryne, but Dagonet would be welcome anytime.

Tickle-my-toes
Newbie.

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 04:46:54 AM »

I just think it funny that there seems to be link between them, by genre or Marvel.  Good golly King Arthur, what have you started? 
PS: Dagonet can save my day - any day  :worshippy:
Nomad
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 09:17:04 PM »

This is sort of off topic, but I think that, given the generousity of Ray Stevenson, His Lordship wouldn't mind me posting something about one of his former co-stars, Ray Winstone.

I just saw The Departed, (Oscars for Best Picture and Best Director, Martin Scorsese, 2007) in which Ray Winstone plays Mr. French.  Every time he appeared on screen, I was riveted.   When I looked him up on IMDB, I realised he was Bors in King Arthur.  What an amazing actor!

Here are some of his real life quotes:

"All the great Shakespeare plays are about killing. Alas, poor Yorick, that's about death. And in Romeo and Juliet everyone up ends up dying. The greatest dramas in the world are all about sex, violence and death."

"I'm not a successful Hollywood actor. The Hollywood stuff hasn't come out yet. It might come out and I might be shit."

"Hollywood don't always pay a lot of money. Because we're English they think we're cheap! And you haven't got to be the greediest man in the world. If you want to do something, you go and do it. What's the point of you being paid a lot of money if you haven't got the quality of the film? In the long run you're not doing yourself any favors because you're going to end up in a piece of shit."

"On every job you do, you've got to raise your game. My ambition is to just get better and better every job you do - you should never stop trying to get better. You have to teach yourself new things - I don't think you necessarily learn them from other people because you have your own style of doing things, but hopefully you get better."

"Unless it's your business or something, bankrupt just means you can't have a bank account."

"Well, you create your own persona, don't you? And you have to live with that. But the people that I meet, they don't think that I'm a lunatic. And if they do, then that's OK, because it means that I'm playing the parts all right. "

I'm so far behind in my movies, I didn't even realise he starred in Beowolf.  Doh!  *knocks self in head*  He's in the upcoming Indiana Jones movie, too. 

Anyhow, he's an interesting actor, worthy of attention from us discriminating RayVers.

:nomad:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: