Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 12:04:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Spoilers  (Read 15241 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: April 01, 2007, 01:39:12 AM »

Spoilers already!  ;D  Same rules as before, please remember to use the spoiler tags.

I was watching a cheesy indie entertainment report and the host was talking about upcoming pilots, one of which being Babylon Fields and, according to the segment, a key facet to the show is all the different reasons the dead have when they return and the situations that occur. Some come back for greed, vengence, love, some are simply confused to find themselves vertical.  :D  The spoilage is ...

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
Shirley  (Kathy) and Janine (Amber) Wunch killed Ernie Wunch (Jamey) with an axe when Janine was six. When he comes back from the dead, Janine's 22 (and as we know, wants to shoot him 'dead' him again). He's just as mean and wicked as he was the first time, and now extremely pissed off to boot. AND it turns out he was a cop -- Carl's (Ray) partner!

Carl tries to maintain order and to keep the residents from trying to kill the dead again, he wants to find out how and why they've come back. They also described Carl as in love with Luisa, another cop whom he's dating. Of course things/emotions get tangled and confused because his dead wife comes back too. Let's hope Carl has better luck sorting things out with the women in his life than Pullo did!

oooh! :popcorn:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 02:42:47 AM »

Oooh more spoilers from a French site:

1x01

Disclaimer: This is initial information and may not correspond inevitably to the final release by CBS. That applies to the dialogues, the names of the characters or the chronology.

Summary: In this pilot of "Babylon Fields", the first scene establishes in an empty field, the view as though flying in over of high-tension lines. The camera brings us closer the ground. Suddenly, a hand emerges from the ground, followed by the rest of the individual. It is then that the title "Babylon Fields" appears.

The following scene is in a supermarket where we discover Shirley Wunch and her daughter Janine. The mother and the girl do not agree on what to buy, in particular on which cereal. The discussion diverts to the fact that Janine does not work and that if she worked, she could buy all that she wants. Shirley's remarks seem to go in one ear and out the other.

While perusing the aisles, Janine happens upon on an old man who stands in an odd way in front of the meat freezer. She takes him for destitute because he's dirty and disheveled. But then she notices that he's wearing rather expensive shoes of the style of Prada or Gucci. Just afterwards, one discovers the character of Carl Tiptree, the chief of the police force, and one of his colleagues, Meyers.

The action moves downtown, there's unusual activity

A scene shows us Janine running, very winded, stopping and vomitting. One sees from afar people sauntering aimlessly, dressed in old styles and moving similar to zombies. Janine asks her mother to get into the car as fast as possible. A little later, Carl will see Martha, his sister, who has just seen her died husband, Dick. He tries to convince her that that cannot be Dick but she retorts it's him and she's longed all these for when she could be by his side again. They speak about other people in addition to Dick who have returned from the grave. This is when it's learned that Carl's wife, Rebecca, had died and he wonders if Rebecca has also returned.

oooh! :popcorn:

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 05:06:37 PM »

ooooooooh! :nailbite2:

I haven't even read all the things with spoilers for Rome, yet, and here are new spoilers for me to avoid! :lol:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
fuzzybunny

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

Thanks for the spoilers,  :lotis:

I'm really looking forward to this one.

:bunny:

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
JaxiB

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 06:40:41 AM »

Babylon Fields sounds intriguing, and very much my sort of thing - I'm really looking forward to it and obviously pleased that we have another opportunity to see RS on the screen!  :clap: Yay!
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 10:58:53 PM »

Wow!  This sounds great... thanks for all the spoilers.  I can hardly wait.  When is it scheduled to air, do you know - I guess next fall?

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 09:11:14 AM »

Wow!  This sounds great... thanks for all the spoilers.  I can hardly wait.  When is it scheduled to air, do you know - I guess next fall?

Yes, it's set to air in the fall but no word yet on what day & time. I've read the pilot and it does look good. I can see how Michael Cuesta's hand at directing (given his work on Dexter) will make it very quirky and entertaining. It's a bit freaky, a bit funny and a lot curious. I'll have to write up my impressions so far.

Tryne

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 11:19:16 AM »

Yay... it sounds REALLY good. I like when stories are a little twisted and spooky, so this will suit me just fine... And the xtra bonus is of course RAY  :lips:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »

While we wait for more info ...

Shhhh.... be vewwy, vewwy quiet ...

I have a copy of the script, are there specific things people want to know? :coffee: :type:

;D

Tryne

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 02:04:20 PM »

:drule: :drule: :drule:
YEAAAAAHHHH.... hit me... hit me... hit meeeee.... ANYTHING you want to share I'll swallow whole  :worshippy:
Where did you get it?

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
fuzzybunny

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »

Of course!  You know how bad I am about spoilers.  Let's start out with
when in the script do the dead start rising?  Right away?  Midway through? :plot:

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 08:07:52 PM »

Where did you get it?

The power of networking.  :plot:

Of course!  You know how bad I am about spoilers.  Let's start out with

when in the script do the dead start rising?  Right away?  Midway through? :plot:

Right from the start. The spoilers from that French website match what I read. I think one thing those spoilers didn't mention is that the person shown emerging from the grave in the opening credits is Jamey. The rest of the opening scene plays out like they described - Janine and her mom are grocery shopping and Janine notices an odd looking guy at the freezers. She and her mom think it's a homeless person, though they don't recognise him as one of the homeless they've often seen around town. While they're shopping, Ernie makes his way home from the grave, and gets there before Janine and her mom return. :zombie:  On their way home from the store, they see Mike, the undead teenager, walking along. Shirley points him out as they drive past but Janine says it can't be him because he'd died years before, which Shirley forgot.

While that's going on, Carl's at the police precinct with Luisa and Meyers and gets a call from his sister, who wants him to swing by her house (she lives across from the Wunchs), but she doesn't say why. Though it's because her husband's come back.

It seems that why the dead come back will be something that will get slowly unraveled, if at all, as the series progresses. No one knows why in the pilot. One interesting thing is that while Shirley and Janine are driving home, Shirley talks about how she's been having dreams of people she'd not thought of in years. She doesn't specify whether they're long dead. It could just be her rambling, as she seems to be inclined to do (at least from Janine's perspective).

fuzzybunny

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 07:47:24 AM »

Thanks, Lotis. 
Do the dead seem like they have personalities, start talking, or are they generally kind of confused, "zombieish"? :zombie:

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 06:00:04 PM »

Thanks, Lotis. 

Do the dead seem like they have personalities, start talking, or are they generally kind of confused, "zombieish"? :zombie:

They're zombie-ish at first, sluggish mentally and not much physical coordination. The more they're up and about, their ability to think and move improves and eventually they're functioning much like normal. As we've seen from the pics that are circulating, their skin is grayish and bruised and they show decay and whatever did them in originally. Most seem to recall what they died from, except for Ernie who, as we know, was killed by Shirley and Janine. Though he does discover his injury (axe to the back of the head) and he pieces together what happened after encountering Carl's brother-in-law who's also come back ... and he's pissed. He goes looking for Shirley and Janine because they went fleeing from the house when they walked in and found him there. They're staying with the Viskupics, who have barricaded themselves in, but he doesn't know that. Shirley has a breakdown and Janine goes off to find Ernie, in hopes of killing him again. No one knows they killed him and buried him in an unmarked grave. Janine remembers where it is and goes there, hoping to retrieve the axe head but it's missing as Ernie went back first and discovered it. So now she knows he knows.

fuzzybunny

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 06:15:59 AM »

They're zombie-ish at first, sluggish mentally and not much physical coordination. The more they're up and about, their ability to think and move improves and eventually they're functioning much like normal.
  Sounds like me first thing in the morning!  :zombie:

I hope the show makes it!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: