Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 11:11:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell CBS you want Babylon Fields!  (Read 14768 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 04:17:32 PM »

:frown:  Oh, sure a remake of Forever Knight gets a slot, but not Babylon Fields?  That stinks.

I was thinking the same thing, fuzzy.  :P

There's an interesting (and hopeful) tidbit in the San Jose Mercury News,

"Another surprise was the absence of a series called "Babylon Fields." The drama - in which a small town has to battle zombies - had generated as much advance buzz as any show under consideration by the major networks and was considered a sure thing for the fall lineup. (CBS sources said today that the series might resurface as a mid-season offering.)"

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »

When I saw the headline, I was crushed  :( and reading the article didn't improve my mood.  Sounds like CBS is trying to compete with Desperate Housewives, and you're right, fuzzy, bring back Forever Knight.  Maybe the SciFi channel of FX will consider picking BF up.

And, I, too, love your horse, Tryne.  We can't love our four-footed friends too much, I think.  I just got a little 5-month old Papillon to be little brother to my 12-year old American Eskimo Spitz (who acted like he was a bug she was afraid of the first three days  ::)).  He's a rescue pup I picked up from a friend last week, and he's so smart that he already knows his name (Blaise) and understand NO when he starts to yap  ;D  Don't I sound like a proud mom?  I also have a 3-year old cat who loves the fact that I no longer pay him any attention.  (He's quite antisocial  ;D)

Anyway, Ray we love you still  :lips: and are praying that the powers that be will see fit to letting us somehow see you in BF  :ray:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 07:10:56 PM »

I agree that in my opinion CS has played it VERY safe (read: "stodgy") in the past.....the self-anointed "Tiffany Network".

So I was a little wary about that pilot being under consideration by CBS....but maybe there's some new, more daring blood at the network.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 08:43:15 PM »

OK... buck up, pity party over.  We have confidence that some greedy praiseworthy and admirable production company is wise enough to do some casting that will be profitable for them and make us happy... that some sadly tasteless foresighted network will give us the weekly dose we need...or that some wise film director/writer/auteur/producer will create another character worthy enough to be inhabited by  Ray  :lips: 

:wingit:
Tryne

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 04:08:39 AM »

erhm.. this is a bit embarrassing, since I've been in here for so long, but I can't figure out how to just use a part of someone' text to quote.... Help please, Lotis  :pray:

And I really hope that CBS comes to their senses and decide to show BF anyway... Comeon.. You can do it.. :whip:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 05:21:50 AM »

CBS made a mistake.  Oh well, I don't watch anything on that network anyway.  >:D

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 09:50:15 AM »

No problem, Tryne. It's easy, just look for the [ quote ] tags that appear at the beginning and end of the quoted text:

[ quote author=Tryne link=topic=220.msg3307#msg3307 date=1179400119 ]
erhm.. this is a bit embarrassing, since I've been in here for so long, but I can't figure out how to just use a part of someone' text to quote.... Help please, Lotis  :pray:
And I really hope that CBS comes to their senses and decide to show BF anyway... Comeon.. You can do it.. :whip: [ /quote ]

If you want to only quote part of a person's post, you can just delete the text you don't want to include.

If you want to split the quote so that you can respond to one part at a time you can do so by 1) moving up the end quote tag ([ /quote ]) to where you want the section to end (be sure to delete it from its original location; and then 2) add a new set of quote tags to the remaining part of the quoted text:

[ quote author=Tryne link=topic=220.msg3307#msg3307 date=1179400119 ]
erhm.. this is a bit embarrassing, since I've been in here for so long, but I can't figure out how to just use a part of someone' text to quote.... Help please, Lotis  :pray: [ /quote ]

your answer here

[ quote ] And I really hope that CBS comes to their senses and decide to show BF anyway... Comeon.. You can do it.. :whip:[ /quote ]

You can either type the quote tags manually, [ quote ] and [ /quote ] with NO spaces within the brackets (I added spaces here so you can see the tags); OR high light the text you want to quote and use the quote button on the above menu (it's the one to the left of the spoiler button).

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Tryne

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »

Like this?
You can either type the quote tags manually, [ quote ] and [ /quote ] with NO spaces within the brackets (I added spaces here so you can see the tags); OR high light the text you want to quote and use the quote button on the above menu (it's the one to the left of the spoiler button).

Hey.. it's working  :cheer2:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
mob

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 11:06:01 PM »

I've done it and had done it a few weeks back, too. Hope it works!!
Nomad
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »

Hi, Maryann!  You made it!  Lots of lovely RayVings going on here, and tons of stuff to look at and listen to.  I KNEW you'd eventually make it over here.  We share the same obssession. 

And he's HERE, right now!  I can be relatively sure that he's sleeping somewhere within 5 miles of me, at the most.  OOF!  What a lovely thought that is, neh?

Ladies, meet MOB from the HBO Rome forum.  She's just terrific...lots of fun and very clever.

Nomad  :lips: s Ray
fuzzybunny

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 06:20:10 AM »

:wave: Welcome, MOB!  So far CBS doesn't seem to have changed it's mind, but we're all still keeping fingers crossed for BF. :zsuit:

:bunny:

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »

Hi MOB  :wave:

Let's hope if BF doesn't go anywhere that some US television network is smart enough to cast Ray in something we get to see frequently.

:wingit:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »

Hey there, Maryann! Nice to see you here! Happy RayVing!  :ray: :drool2: :shrine: :grouphug: :welcome:

Camamar :bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »

Hey, Maryann,  glad to share our RayVing with another devotee!  :ray:  Welcome.  :wave:

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Tryne

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 10:29:53 AM »

Ditto  :welcome:
 :tryne:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: