Ray Stevenson Community
April 19, 2018, 02:57:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detailed (and funny) recaps of all episodes  (Read 3003 times)
AemiliaCamilla

« on: May 07, 2007, 03:53:51 AM »

If you want to relive all episodes...or for us poor devotees who haven´t seen season 2 yet check out this link:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/articles/category_1201.html

Very detailed, but also sarcastic and at times really hilarious.

Here´s an example from episode 1, after the battle of Alesia:

Titus Pullo rots in his cell. Actually, he's exploring his artistic side. He uses a piece of chalk to scrawl a doodle on the wall of a gigantic, spurting cock. It doesn't seem to satisfy him. Maybe he should ask for some clay.

And later when Pullo and Vorenus are tracking the eagle:

When we next see Pullo, sleeping peacefully on the ground, it's clear that the zenith has come and gone, as has sunrise. Vorenus sits up in alarm as their horses whinny loudly, and jumps to his feet to chase after the two hooded thieves who are riding off with their mounts. Pullo sits up and watches with a certain amount of sleepy interest. Vorenus quickly gives up the chase and sinks to his knees, cursing, "Sons of Dis!" Pullo, suddenly waking up enough to realize that this is all his fault for sleeping through his watch, makes an "Oh, Dis" face.

Whatever recriminations may pass immediately afterward, we don't get to see them. Just the two men walking through the wilderness. "They weren't such good horses anyway," Pullo tries. Yes, a womanish horse is no use to anyone.

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Tryne

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 05:26:15 AM »

They are SO great. I've read them all and I really laughed a lot  :lol: :hysterical:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:17:44 PM »

Thank you, AemiliaCamilla !  It's so great to have a new member and you bring us such wonderful toys!   :wave:  I have to get up early in the morning so I am bookmarking it for now.  I have something to look forward to tomorrow night  :clap: :ray: :cheer2:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Arya

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 08:42:37 AM »

I love M.Giant' recaps as well. She is a perfect TwoP recaper IMO because she obviously enjoyes the series much but is not as fanatical about it to not be able to make any snarky comment. That was the reason I was not particulary crazy about "Deadwood" recaps. The author was so in love with the show that for the most of the time he/she was gushing and going gaga over every single aspect.

Here are some of my fav. bits from season 2.

"Your mother could outfox Ulysses," Agrippa says. Wait, Octavia's mother? Julii Cooper? She could outfox Ulysses S. Grant, maybe, if he were in the middle of a three-week bender.And okay, she could outfox Agrippa, but my two-year-old could outfox Agrippa. M. Small would pull his arm up into his sleeve and say, "Gwippa, whewe'd my hand go?" and Agrippa would dash off to organize a search party.

Should Agrippa and Octavia run away together?
No. With their combined brainpower, they'd just end up drowning in an aqueduct.

"Just family," says Merula, but with kind of a dire expression. That's probably apt, considering what family they're talking about.

"I do not take your meaning," Vorenus says in that tone of his that means, "I will, however, take your trachea."

Good likeness, and I agree with the decision to depict Brutus with his mouth closed.

Wait, did I just say "do the right thing" in reference to Pullo beating up a woman? This show's morality fucks with my head sometimes.

You know, I really don't know how Antony would ever get through a single day of his life if he were somehow deprived of his ability to get into people's personal space.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: