Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 01:01:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumour of Rome movie  (Read 6134 times)
AemiliaCamilla

« on: May 08, 2007, 01:20:21 AM »

Just wanted to hear if anyone has heard anything new about this feature length episode/movie that is supposedly on the way?

I know it has been mentioned on the HBO boards (as a 2 or 4 hour movie) and also on the IMDb board:

Sun Apr 1 2007 20:16:26 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was standing in front of NYC nightclub Studio/Crobar, at 3:00am, when Ray Stevenson, happens to walk up in front of me. He was with a couple of other people, and as he waited to go inside, I congratulated him on a job well done, and as a former Marine, I mentioned that I liked the way he channeled the warrior spirit with Titus Pullo. He shook my hand, and mentioned that he based his performance on a soldier friend of his. We also discussed how abruptly the show was ended and I mentioned that maybe the show will be brought back like 'The Wire' was. That's when he told me something intriguing: that a movie version of Rome, is in the works. First time I've heard of that. That would be spectacular! A few seconds later, as he was entering the club, he turned back to me and gave me the Legionnaires salute! Many props and much respect to Ray. He's one cool dude!

So is this just a rumour or wishful thinking???

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Tryne

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 02:30:07 AM »

It sounds pretty good to me and unless the bloke is making up the whole meeting-Ray story, it is definitely a possibility  ;D.
I have looked on the internet though, but couldn't find anything about it, but lets wait and see  :cheer2:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
fuzzybunny

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 05:51:40 AM »

I've heard the rumor, but I don't know if it'll ever happen. :-\  Rome had been promising Deadwood fans a couple of movies, but so far nothing has materialized.  So even if it's being talked about, who knows if it would happen.  Hope so, though. :rockon2:

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 08:23:53 AM »

I'm a bit skeptical... Crobar actually closed about 3 or 4 months before this "sighting" was reported.  I replied to this guy's post on IMDB a the time and he replied that people still call  it Crobar even though it has another name now.  I don't live in NYC, so that is not something I can verify.  (on IMDB I use another name)

:wingit:
bonny

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 01:38:34 AM »

Well, ever hopeful, me.  And I just wanted to report what I heard from Leanne over at kevinmckidd-online (this is a fan site where the Adored One actually interacts with the person who runs his site and will often answer questions she forwards to him.  Just sayin'.)

Anyhow, I asked her to please ask HER Adored One (she jokes with me that I chose the wrong one) about the Rome movie.  He MAY be in a better position to know what's happening than Ray, because it's rumored that KMK may direct.

Lovely Leanne sent me an email a couple of days ago saying she asked KMK about the Rome movie and he says it's  still  ON!!!
 :dance2: :dance: :drule: :cool2: :bday: :pimp: :cheers: :ray: :listit: :rockon2: :neen:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 04:34:41 AM »

Well, ever hopeful, me.  And I just wanted to report what I heard from Leanne over at kevinmckidd-online (this is a fan site where the Adored One actually interacts with the person who runs his site and will often answer questions she forwards to him.  Just sayin'.)

Anyhow, I asked her to please ask HER Adored One (she jokes with me that I chose the wrong one) about the Rome movie.  He MAY be in a better position to know what's happening than Ray, because it's rumored that KMK may direct.

Lovely Leanne sent me an email a couple of days ago saying she asked KMK about the Rome movie and he says it's  still  ON!!!
 :dance2: :dance: :drule: :cool2: :bday: :pimp: :cheers: :ray: :listit: :rockon2: :neen:
:director: :poetic: :fame: :soldier: :vorenus: :caesarno: :caesaryes: :cleo: :pullo2: :vorenus2: :pullo3: :gladiator: :zeus: :gaia: :roach: :chariot: :brutus:

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »

:director: :poetic: :fame: :soldier: :vorenus: :caesarno: :caesaryes: :cleo: :pullo2: :vorenus2: :pullo3: :gladiator: :zeus: :gaia: :roach: :chariot: :brutus:

We can only hope  :squirm:.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:24:09 PM »

I ran out of cockroaches to crush in hopes of getting this movie made. I have started with my worry beads now.

Wonderful news Bonny, thanks!

Mob1 icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »

We can only hope  :squirm:.

:brit:

I'll add a  :pray:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »

I am just curious!!!Really! :(