Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 06:52:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: At Home with The Braithwaites  (Read 39537 times)
gapeach1939

« on: May 11, 2006, 09:35:44 PM »

I just got to see this series this year.   BBC America - ran the entire series - at least four times.  I watched as much as I could.   It came on at 4:00 PM every weekday.   My sister was recooperating from knee surgery and many days we'd fix tea and enjoy the series.  It was very good.   Ray wasn't in it enough - but when he was he lit up the screen.   He looked great - but he looks very different from his Pullo look with longish hair.    I have several of his movies.   King Arthur, The Theory of Flight, The Tide of Life, The Return of the Native and A Women's Guide to Adultery.   But I most watch Rome.   I was able to record all the episodes and it's about time to start watching again.   
Vanora
Newbie.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:23:38 AM »

I am so sad I missed this!

I want very badly to get some screencaps from this show, but alas, I am too stupid to figure out how to do screencaps. I've followed every instruction on the net I can find, and even used special software, and still, no luck.

:think:
Sarena
Newbie.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:55:18 AM »

I missed it too.  Cry   Maybe we'll luck out and they'll think to put it in On Demand.

There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry his name by night ... but I'm the one with the megaphone! ;-)
RiActs

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 06:43:43 PM »

I found the Season 1 and 2 sets for this series at Borders bookstore but didn't buy them. I wasn't sure how much Ray was in it. For those who have seen the series is it worth buying? Thanks for any help.

Raggio il causa di globale tiepido!
(Ray is the cause of global warming!)
JaxiB

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 01:58:07 AM »

Yes it is worth getting.  Because he's in it.
Shell
Newbie.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 10:57:39 PM »

I have the second series and have to say that it IS worth getting. Ray is in a lot of it. I can't find the third series on DVD as I do not believe it has been released. He is also in the beginning of the third series as I recall, I will have to look that up again to be sure.

I loved watching Ray in this as it was so different than the only other thing I'd seen him in, which was Rome. Since then I have also seen King Arthur of course. I really got into At Home With the Braithwaites and Ray is sort of the character you love to hate. :devilish:

Shell
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 10:59:11 PM by Shell » Logged
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 02:37:52 PM »

I have the second series and have to say that it IS worth getting. Ray is in a lot of it. I can't find the third series on DVD as I do not believe it has been released. He is also in the beginning of the third series as I recall, I will have to look that up again to be sure.

I loved watching Ray in this as it was so different than the only other thing I'd seen him in, which was Rome. Since then I have also seen King Arthur of course. I really got into At Home With the Braithwaites and Ray is sort of the character you love to hate. :devilish:

Shell

I saw a DVD of Season I only in Tower Record on Friday.....I was pretty sure he was hardly in that, if he was at all. Maybe only in the episode with the housewarmng party. I may look into getting Seasons 2 AND 3. HE WAS SO HOT AND SEXY -- yes -- more than a bit naughty in this series.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
arieldan1

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 07:23:59 AM »

I believe the housewarming party was the start of Season 2.  I don't believe he was in Season I at all.  I liked him in Season 3 the best -- that was too funny.  And I cannot believe he was NOT in Season 4 at all -- NOT AT ALL.  Especially with Katie -- you'd have thought they'd have him in somehow.  I realize the writers didn't want to prolong the Graham/Allison thing, but really.  To not have Ray in the Series as much as possible is just a CRIME!!!

I think BBC America has certain seasons available for sale -- you may want to check their website out.

:ariel:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 04:53:05 PM »

I believe the housewarming party was the start of Season 2.  I don't believe he was in Season I at all.

You're right.  :)

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
RiActs

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 02:38:04 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your opinions of this series. I went and got Season 1 and 2. My gosh he was great in it in fact the whole cast was great. I loved the old lady named Marian. I loved how Ray started out as this knight in shining armor and then turned into such a scumbag. Peter Davison was great  in this series too. I thought Ray was only in Season 2 and no other. What happens with his character in Season 3? The last we see of him is when he goes to see his wife and she slams the door on him.  I hope they keep putting this series out on dvd. Another great British show.

Raggio il causa di globale tiepido!
(Ray is the cause of global warming!)
fuzzybunny

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 09:18:57 PM »

Just in case anyone's interested...I saw on another board that Acorn Media, the company that bought the rights to "At Home...." only bought the rights to the first 2 seasons.  That's why we haven't been able to find season 3 on DVD (Ray is in 2 & 3).  A few people have written to them and they are most likely trying to get the other 2 seasons, so keep a look out for them!

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 07:14:01 AM »

I'm going to have to get this on DVD.  My Blockbuster online doesn't carry it.  I'll go check Amazon.

redshift

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »

I've just got season 2. Sat through season 1.... no Ray at all, but I'm reliably informed he's in it a fair bit in season 2. Got some time off, I'll take a break from baking and Christmas decorations and put my feet up... :tea:

:redshift:

daft as a bat

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 05:06:08 AM »

He is in it a lot in season 2 plays a bit of a cad and thats puttin it mildly and he makes a return in season 3 which i havent had chance to see yet. :D

redshift

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 06:48:52 AM »

He plays 'cad' very well,though, doesn't he? Certainly more interesting than a whiter than white character. I'd like to see him in a hat and cape, moustache twirling, tying a woman to a railway track... >:D :plot: :wicked:

MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: