Ray Stevenson Community
February 20, 2018, 06:47:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: At Home with The Braithwaites  (Read 39553 times)
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 07:07:42 AM »

Ray as Snidely Whiplash?????   That is even worse than my suggestion he be cast as Bull Shannon. 

:wingit:
Toduo

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 09:52:19 AM »

He plays 'cad' very well,though, doesn't he? Certainly more interesting than a whiter than white character. I'd like to see him in a hat and cape, moustache twirling, tying a woman to a railway track... >:D :plot: :wicked:

:redshift:

MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS
Red, if Ray sees this post it may give him inspiration for his next fancy dress party :cheer: This get-up is considerably more appealing than the last one :worshippy: (Can I be the woman tied to the railway track(?) - I'll wear anything/nothing. Am not fussed!) :idea: :drool: :party: :cheers:

:toduo:
redshift

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 09:58:13 AM »

The woman tied to the track was going to be me, of course! But I can see no reason why he can't do multiples... I hope he can do knots, perhaps he was in the scouts....  :plot: :wicked:

As for Snidely Whiplash/Bull Shannon.... never heard of either of them. Good names though!

MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS[/font][/color]

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »

Original; cartoon Snidely:
http://bullwinkle.toonzone.net/snidely.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snidely_whiplash

Snidely as played by ALfred Molina:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800018902/photo/33343
http://www.bigpicweblog.com/exp/images/uploads/Snidely_Whiplash.jpg

Honestly don't get the train track fetish  :hmm:  Sounds uncomfortable.  Looks worse.

:wingit:
Nomad
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »

Snidely as played by ALfred Molina:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800018902/photo/33343
http://www.bigpicweblog.com/exp/images/uploads/Snidely_Whiplash.jpg

Honestly don't get the train track fetish  :hmm:  Sounds uncomfortable.  Looks worse.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!  How did I miss THAT movie??  Isn't Alfred Molina the same guy who played Doc Oc in Spiderman?  Think so.

Yeah, Wing, it's hard to make a fashion statement when tied to a railroad track, especially if you're wearing petticoats like Sweet Nell.

:nomad:
Toduo

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 02:18:14 PM »

Wing, Snidely's moustache looks like a lethal weapon to me. I could cope with Ray's stubble, no problem :snog: but that moustache would have to go :loveys: :cheers:

:toduo:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 09:22:52 PM »

He plays 'cad' very well,though, doesn't he? Certainly more interesting than a whiter than white character. I'd like to see him in a hat and cape, moustache twirling, tying a woman to a railway track... >:D :plot: :wicked:

Yes, Ray does play a cad very well. I really enjoyed the Braithwaites.  :D

:lotis:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 11:17:51 PM »

Oh yes! He did a fantastic job!!! And I enjoyed the Braithwaites!

Don't remember if I already said that eons ago.

Ray does SUCH a great job at comedy!!! And drama....and tragedy and.......

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Nomad
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 07:42:09 PM »

This is very good news!

Monday, 24 Mar 2008 18:31
Amanda Redman and Ray Stevenson star in At Home with the Braithwaites.

At Home With the Braithwaites in this week's TV releases on DVD.

A third series of ITV1's At Home with the Braithwaites comes to DVD this week, with the titular family still getting to grips with the recriminations of matriarch Alison's (Amanda Redman) £38 million lottery win.

After the lottery company discovers Alison's underage daughter Charlotte (Keeley Fawcett) bought the original winning ticket, the Braithwaites' fortune evaporates and when Alison falls pregnant with her brother-in-law Graham's (Ray Stevenson) baby, all seems lost for the dysfunctional family, until the intervention of Ray Winstone. Whose help is probably always useful when you're in a tight spot…

Nothing else on Ray in this article, but here's the source:

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/infocus/entertainment/tv/tv-releases-on-dvd-$1214695.htm

:cheers:

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »

Just an FYI that the At Home with the Braithwaites series 3 DVD is non-US (UK Region 4 PAL). At least, according to Amazon.

So it won't generally play on US machines, unless one has a universal player. (Like me *gloat* :devil:)

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 08:06:37 PM »

mmmm...Thanks, Nomad! Maybe I would buy Seasons 2 & 3 of AHWTB. I'm not sure which videotapes are the ones with my AHWTB clips at this point!  :P

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »

Just an FYI that the At Home with the Braithwaites series 3 DVD is non-US (UK Region 4 PAL). At least, according to Amazon.

So it won't generally play on US machines, unless one has a universal player. (Like me *gloat* :devil:)

Oh, hell. :(

Nomad
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 09:15:48 PM »

*snigger*  Me, too! :cheers:

Caroline

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 05:48:31 PM »

I've just started watching season 2 and Ray is great in this, he and Amanda Redman make a good couple.

I believe amazon.co.uk have season 3 (region 2 dvd).
iblauralee

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 01:54:53 PM »

Hello.  I finally got to see this show on DVD.  It was great!  Now I want to get season 3 and I know that it is not in a US regional format.  Does anyone know if you can play a dvd from another region on your computer?  I have a new Dell laptop so I was just wondering.  Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: