Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:32:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Theatre work  (Read 17602 times)
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 04:00:39 AM »

Oh...and Ray...if you ever get glasses...try some other frames please.

ooh! Ray's sleeve is coming out of the picture frame!Ray has busted through the "4th wall"!

*touches computer screen*

awwww. nothing....doesn't work. :-\

:bead:  :crush: --->  Ray

ahaha! I see now that his sleeve isn't coming out of the frame. It is partially draped over a table or desk or something.

My eyes and mind are a bit bleary. Mr. Cam woke me up EXTRA early before he had to leave extra early for work this morning. I am not to be trusted to wake up myself if he hasn't set the alarm for me on the "bust an eardrum" setting. ::) :sleepy:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 04:07:03 AM »

I simply loooooooooooooooove the picture.... it's a bit ... you know ..'men in uniforms'... :cool2:... And I really like The Thornbirds too ... father Ralph was the man with the goodies in my teens  :giggly:
:tryne:

hmmmm. Men in uniforms. Maybe you have a point..... :dance:

Heck, It's not like I subscribe to that religion...  :o  >:D :squirm:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 05:30:47 AM »

A picture of the cast in Mouth to Mouth...(May 21, 2001).

So Lindsay Duncan (Servilia in ROME) was in Mouth to Mouth and Lorcan Cranitch (Erastes Fulmen in ROME) was in Duchess of Malfi. Small world, neh?

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
redshift

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 05:38:54 AM »

Sorry, A.C., but could you elaborate on this?

I don't know anything about it! What was it about? What part did Ray play? :huh2:

I know so little about his theatre work!!
 :redshift:

Well done for finding the pic, by the way! :clap:

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 06:25:41 AM »

Here is a review on Mouth to Mouth:

"Mouth to Mouth
at the Albery Theatre, London

May 2001

Following on from his success at the Royal Court with My Night with Reg, Kevin Elyot’s latest creation, Mouth to Mouth, has also made the transfer from Sloane Square to the West End (Albery Theatre). Set predominantly in the South London home of middle-aged Laura (Lindsay Duncan) and Dennis (Peter Wright) – “I am going to leave him/her very soon you know” – this black comedy, whilst containing some comic moments, particularly around the vacuous Cornelia (Lucy Whybrow), Dennis’s sister-in-law, is ultimately filled with despair.

The play opens, as it closes, in the present, with Frank (Michael Maloney) an under-achieving playwright, reflecting with Laura on the trauma that has befallen them all during the preceding twelve months, and unable to bring himself to say what he really wants, to reveal to Laura the part that he has truly played. From this point, we step back in time, first to the day before, to a lunch between Frank and his self-centred, squalid doctor Gompertz (Ian Gelder), and then to a year earlier, to an evening chez Laura and Dennis in Balham. During the evening, the delicate equilibrium that exists in, and maintains, so many families, unravels as details of their son Phillip’s (Andrew Mackay) trip to Spain are revealed, and the discovery of the existence of a tattoo on his thigh lead to despair in different ways for both mother and Frank. This downward spiral to an inevitably tragic ending is punctuated by the arrival of Dennis’s younger (and considerably more attractive) brother Roger (Ray Stevenson) and his air-headed wife Cornelia – yet this too, eventually has painful consequences as past history of infidelities resurface.

This is definitely a powerful piece, with strong performances from Lindsay Duncan as the over protective, despairing and ultimately shattered mother, and sensitive Frank, the failed writer whose misplaced love of a younger man leads to such a tragic outcome, as no one cares to listen to his pleas for help and attention. The cameo role of Ian Gelder as Frank’s disinterested and despicable doctor is also highly entertaining. Yet despite these performances, the play somehow lacked the cohesion and tight ensemble work that this kind of “observation” production requires, leaving a sense of lethargy, the sense that the audience was never properly engaged. The threads of the plot are clear to follow – Frank’s developing Aids, the consequences of the self-centred nature of all concerned – yet there remain numerous unanswered questions and for me an unsatisfied sense of a play that seemed to have strayed from its original destination – whatever that might have been.

Notwithstanding all this, Mouth to Mouth is a powerful and at times highly entertaining piece that demonstrates how valuable it is for new writing to be properly showcased by the West End. "

I might add that Lindsay Duncan was awarded the 2001 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama) for Best Actress for her performance in Mouth to Mouth at the Royal Court Downstairs Theatre and later at the Albery Theatre and she was also nominated for a 2002 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best Actress of 2001 for her performance in Mouth to Mouth.

redshift

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 08:48:02 AM »

Thanks, A.C : :clap

Looking at the picture, all the cast ring a bell with me. I'm familiar with Michael Maloney ,and the man on the far left rings a bell.... and Lindsay Duncan can do no wrong in my eyes. I remember watching her in a Stephen Poliakoff drama and was transfixed. Shooting The Past it was called.

Interesting review, thanks! :cheers:

Toduo

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 02:42:07 PM »

Looking at the picture, all the cast ring a bell with me. I'm familiar with Michael Maloney ,and the man on the far left rings a bell.... and Lindsay Duncan can do no wrong in my eyes. I remember watching her in a Stephen Poliakoff drama and was transfixed. Shooting The Past it was called.

Well done AC - good find! Redshift, that guy on the left is bugging me as he is very familiar on British TV. Got a feeling he's in, or has been in, a series of some kind recently

:toduo:
redshift

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 02:50:19 PM »

Well done AC - good find! Redshift, that guy on the left is bugging me as he is very familiar on British TV. Got a feeling he's in, or has been in, a series of some kind recently

I think he was in Early Doors, playing a slightly dodgy copper, with James McAvoy, before he went on to bigger things.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:39:41 PM by redshift » Logged

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »

Thank you, AemiliaCamilla!  :clap:

daft as a bat

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 03:55:13 AM »

I dont know put a man in a long black frock with a woman in his arms and you all go gooooog eyed.  :D but I know exactly what you mean its that idea of the forbidden and erotic corruption. :o

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »

Did you see the glasses he wore in Life Line?  Definitely Italian, and VERY handsome he looks in them.  Since the rest of his wardrobe was his own (I recognise much of it from candids elsewhere) I'll bet the reading glasses were his, too.  OOF!  The man is gorgeous no matter WHAT he wears!  Or doesn't wear.  Eep.

Oh no.  They were definitely his own, down to the belt he wore at the 2005 Rome premier in Los Angeles.   It's not all that uncommon for wardrobe departments to want to meet their budgets in this way.  And Ray's a big man...likely everything would have had to be purchased or made new for him.

:nomad:

Yes, and if you look closely, he also has his XIII ring on  :dance2:.

:brit:

I saw that, Brit.  I think he should wear it for The Punisher, too.  And EVERYthing he does!   :lips:

:nomad:

I so agree, Nomad!  That should be his trademark that only us RAYvers know about and get off on  :neen: :ray: :neen:.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
redshift

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 05:59:28 AM »

Yes, and if you look closely, he also has his XIII ring on 

But this was staged in 2001...... and he started Rome when? ( 2004/2005? )
Just a guess, but isn't it more likely to a Cardinals ring, you know the ring that everyone kisses, or is that just the Pope? :think:

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 06:37:21 AM »

Sorry redshift but I think the XIII ring mention referred to Ray´s appearance in Lifeline...not any theatre performance.

redshift

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 07:05:11 AM »

Sorry redshift but I think the XIII ring mention referred to Ray´s appearance in Lifeline...not any theatre performance.

Oops, my apologies, you are right. I must read these posts more slowly!   :doh: :insane:
I read the quote inside a quote inside a quote instead of going back and following the thread properly. What a twit. :duh:

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: