Ray Stevenson Community
April 19, 2018, 02:54:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Rome season 2 DVD!  (Read 26742 times)
fuzzybunny

« on: July 30, 2007, 05:56:31 AM »

Just saw this review....Good review, but no Ray or Kev commentary.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/review.php?ID=29463

Audio Commentary:

* 2.01 - Passover (Creator Bruno Heller and Historical Consultant Jonathan Stamp)
    * 2.07 - Death Mask (Director John Maybury and Lindsay Duncan)
    * 2.08 - A Necessary Fiction (Executive Producer John Melfi and Director Carl Franklin)
    * 2.09 - Deus Impeditio Esuritori Nullus (James Purefoy)
    * 2.10 - De Patre Vostro (Creator Bruno Heller and Historical Consultant Jonathan Stamp)

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 06:16:51 AM »

I will look forward to hearing the commentary from Lindsay Duncan and James Purefoy...but am deeply disappointed there is nothing from Kev or Ray...whoever decides what goes on the DVD must be seriously ignorant as to what would increase sales of this box...

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Arya

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 09:30:51 AM »

Thanks for the review fuzzy  8)

As for the commentaries- well this time most of people wanted to hear from James Purefoy and Tobias Menzies as Ray and Kevin already did one so they are going to be partialy satisfied and partialy disappointed  ;)
Tryne

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:47:27 PM »

Happy for the good review but sad Ray or Kev didn't do a commentary..
And happy that I now have squeezed my post counts up to 300  :cheer2: ...
 Does that make me Senior Member?  :nailbite2:
:tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Tryne

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 12:48:15 PM »

It did ...  :cheer:
:tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Toduo

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »

I will look forward to hearing the commentary from Lindsay Duncan and James Purefoy...but am deeply disappointed there is nothing from Kev or Ray...whoever decides what goes on the DVD must be seriously ignorant as to what would increase sales of this box...
Agreed to a degree AC. However, who knows when these commentaries are put in place. There are also a lot of Purefoy fans out there and I guess aside from that maybe they fit the individual to the episode, so to speak. Can you imagine Ray commentating on the episode where he gets 'intimate over the table' with Gaia(!). Ray made me laugh in the commentary he did for series one, as he couldn't wait for his scenes to be over - he even said as much when he said that he doesn't really like watching him self on screen and doesn't know if he'll ever get used to it. Quite endearing!

:toduo:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 04:14:40 PM »

OH! Ray is adorable in his commentary on Episode 5!

I SO hope he is featured a lot in the extras of Season 2...even though he won't be doing commentary again. GRRRRR!

I wonder what Ray was snickering at in the promotional clip we saw on HBO before the airing in the USA of Season 2. I hope we find out in the extra's on the DVD of Season 2.

Please, HBO! I'm telling you....if we don't get lots of Ray in the extras.....I may not buy, now that I have DVR!

(Do you think it'll work if I sort of threaten HBO...? Is it too late now for them to put lots of Ray in the extras if they haven't done so already????) :nailbite2:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Toduo

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 04:31:02 PM »

OH! Ray is adorable in his commentary on Episode 5!

I SO hope he is featured a lot in the extras of Season 2...even though he won't be doing commentary again. GRRRRR!

I wonder what Ray was snickering at in the promotional clip we saw on HBO before the airing in the USA of Season 2. I hope we find out in the extra's on the DVD of Season 2.

Please, HBO! I'm telling you....if we don't get lots of Ray in the extras.....I may not buy, now that I have DVR!

(Do you think it'll work if I sort of threaten HBO...? Is it too late now for them to put lots of Ray in the extras if they haven't done so already????) :nailbite2:
I am in London so am not familiar with what the clip might be. Maybe I can help though: was Ray sitting on a chair seemingly talking to someone (or perhaps being interviewed) then stops and looks to his right and kida laughs (perhaps sniggers(?)

As for Ray on HBO. Although more than anyone, I am sure Ray realises what he owes Rome (feeding him into the limelight etc), but also perhaps he may feel its done and dusted and therefore wouldn't 'now' get involved again. Having said that it wouldn't hurt for HBO to reconsider, giving his popularity. Not sure how the points would have worked for the actors on 'Rome'. They may not get any revenue from the DVD sales (?) so what would be the point for them(?). Perhaps HBO should think again, I agree.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 10:47:52 PM »

Yes....as I recall, he was sitting in a chair seemingly being interviewed, and looked off to the side, snickering. He had on his dark red tunic.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 07:21:33 AM »

Good thing that theyve kept the All roads lead to Rome option...Im all for a bit of education to go with my tongue severings, stabbings, battles and what have you.... :neen:

Toduo

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 03:57:18 PM »

Yes....as I recall, he was sitting in a chair seemingly being interviewed, and looked off to the side, snickering. He had on his dark red tunic.
Don't recall a dark red tunic(?) but it may be when he was talking about 'Rome' can't even recall what it was, and someone in the background makes a comment about what he said, which was obviously amusing to him!

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 06:29:10 PM »

Don't recall a dark red tunic(?) but it may be when he was talking about 'Rome' can't even recall what it was, and someone in the background makes a comment about what he said, which was obviously amusing to him!

Well.....maybe it was a brown tunic.

Anyway, I certainly hope the extras will show us what he was laughing at (unless it's embarrassing to him). I want quite a bit of interview time for Ray, since there will be no commentary. Come on, HBO! Make it worth buying.

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 11:18:35 PM »

Since buying the DVD is my only chance of seeing season 2 properly, Ill buy it with or without any extras...pathetic or what!

Nomad
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 11:42:21 PM »

Since buying the DVD is my only chance of seeing season 2 properly, Ill buy it with or without any extras...pathetic or what!

NOT pathetic, Aemilia Camilla.  WE know what nurtures our feminine souls, even if HBO does NOT.

:nomad:
Toduo

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 04:42:29 AM »

Well.....maybe it was a brown tunic.

Anyway, I certainly hope the extras will show us what he was laughing at (unless it's embarrassing to him). I want quite a bit of interview time for Ray, since there will be no commentary. Come on, HBO! Make it worth buying.
Perhaps was that Ray was complaining about something or other. Kevin McKidd said in an interview (in a nice, jokey way!) that Ray 'liked to complain a lot'; same interview where he says Ray is accident prone!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: