Ray Stevenson Community
April 19, 2018, 02:54:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Rome season 2 DVD!  (Read 26743 times)
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 08:59:56 PM »

Yes....as I recall, he was sitting in a chair seemingly being interviewed, and looked off to the side, snickering. He had on his dark red tunic.
Don't recall a dark red tunic(?) but it may be when he was talking about 'Rome' can't even recall what it was, and someone in the background makes a comment about what he said, which was obviously amusing to him!

Well.....maybe it was a brown tunic.

Anyway, I certainly hope the extras will show us what he was laughing at (unless it's embarrassing to him). I want quite a bit of interview time for Ray, since there will be no commentary. Come on, HBO! Make it worth buying.
Perhaps was that Ray was complaining about something or other. Kevin McKidd said in an interview (in a nice, jokey way!) that Ray 'liked to complain a lot'; same interview where he says Ray is accident prone!

Oh, no!  Our Ray has some flaws?!?  Somehow, he just got even sexier  :neen: :ray: :neen:

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Toduo

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 08:36:48 AM »

Yes....as I recall, he was sitting in a chair seemingly being interviewed, and looked off to the side, snickering. He had on his dark red tunic.
Don't recall a dark red tunic(?) but it may be when he was talking about 'Rome' can't even recall what it was, and someone in the background makes a comment about what he said, which was obviously amusing to him!

Well.....maybe it was a brown tunic.

Anyway, I certainly hope the extras will show us what he was laughing at (unless it's embarrassing to him). I want quite a bit of interview time for Ray, since there will be no commentary. Come on, HBO! Make it worth buying.
Perhaps was that Ray was complaining about something or other. Kevin McKidd said in an interview (in a nice, jokey way!) that Ray 'liked to complain a lot'; same interview where he says Ray is accident prone!

Oh, no!  Our Ray has some flaws?!?  Somehow, he just got even sexier  :neen: :ray: :neen:

:brit:
Agreed. Its the imperfections in people that make them more attractive....dependent of course on what the perfections are! Let's face it, have you ever met a man yet who doesn't complain about something! :cheers:

:toduo:
TTUMom
Newbie.

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 10:28:22 AM »

Hello everyone.  My name is Carole and I'm new to the forum today.

I thought I'd jump in and ask if anyone had picked up the season 2 DVDs yet? 
I forgot that it was released yesterday but will get my copy this afternoon.  I already called Best Buy and they have one left that comes with the wine stopper.  Not sure what I'll do with it, but it might be fun to have.  :)
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »

I didn't even know a thing about the winestopper freebie. Even though I log onto the HBO Rome site pretty much every day. I will refrain from saying something more about HBO and its promotion. :hmm:

My first posted reply got lost, because I got booted, just as I hit "post". I got a message saying there was a problem with the server. But maybe the HBO gods reached out and zapped me because I had written something negative about them. ;D

I'm still annoyed at how they made the writers rush through Season 2 since it is Rome's final season. At least the writers got to give us closure. I'm also annoyed that there is apparently not much Ray in the extras for Season 2.

I ordered Season 2 via Amazon to save money, and didn't even pay extra to rush delivery. I bought it because I figure surely there will be SOME little bit of Ray in the extras which I have never seen (I hope).... plus, I need to make room on my DVR by deleting Season 2 eps.

I didn't even record all of the Season 2 eps. I just wasn't as crazed as I was about Season 1. Plus, knowing I have the Season 1 DVDs in my hot little hands made me less hyper to buy Season 2. When Season 1 came out, I ran out to the store that day to be able to drag my kill home as soon as possible, so I could begin devouring. That glorious narration by Ray of Ep. 5 was worth the price of the DVD set, to me (I'd already recorded each ep of Season 1 on VCR).  :crush:

Sorry; I'm not usually so negative in here.  :( We'll see if I get to post this, this time.  :D If I get booted again, I'll give up. :truce:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:59:04 PM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Toduo

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 03:06:54 PM »

I didn't even know a thing about the winestopper freebie. Even though I log onto the HBO Rome site pretty much every day. I will refrain from saying something more about HBO and its promotion. :hmm:

My first posted reply got lost, because I got booted, just as I hit "post". I got a message saying there was a problem with the server. But maybe the HBO gods reached out and zapped me because I had written something negative about them. ;D

I'm still annoyed at how they made the writers rush through Season 2 since it is Rome's final season. At least the writers got to give us closure. I'm also annoyed that there is apparently not much Ray in the extras for Season 2.

I ordered Season 2 via Amazon to save money, and didn't even pay extra to rush delivery. I bought it because I figure surely there will be SOME little bit of Ray in the extras which I have never seen (I hope).... plus, I need to make room on my DVR by deleting Season 2 eps.

I didn't even record all of the Season 2 eps. I just wasn't as crazed as I was about Season 1. Plus, knowing I have the Season 1 DVDs in my hot little hands made me less hyper to buy Season 2. When Season 1 came out, I ran out to the store that day to be able to drag my kill home as soon as possible, so I could begin devouring. That glorious narration by Ray of Ep. 5 was worth the price of the DVD set, to me (I'd already recorded each ep of Season 1 on VCR).  :crush:

Sorry; I'm not usually so negative in here.  :( We'll see if I get to post this, this time.  :D If I get booted again, I'll give up. :truce:

Camamar, not negative but honest! I had not seen Season 1 and decided to buy it on DVD. Thought it was fantastic. I taped the whole of Season II, but to be honest, if I hadn't would not have rushed out to purchase it. Perhaps I would have had my arm twisted if Ray was narrating an episode - got that piece duplicated then given it as a pressie to someone who hadn't yet seen the series. :cheers:

:toduo:
TTUMom
Newbie.

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 03:36:15 PM »

When Season 1 came out, I ran out to the store that day to be able to drag my kill home as soon as possible, so I could begin devouring. That glorious narration by Ray of Ep. 5 was worth the price of the DVD set, to me (I'd already recorded each ep of Season 1 on VCR).  :crush:
  Hahaha ... Yep I think I had a crazed look about me when I ran up to Best Buy the day Season 1 came out.  I'm pretty sure I scared the shirt off of one of the little boys they always have working there.   :P   If I remember correctly, I think I may have lovingly caressed the unopened box while waiting in line to pay for it.  :lol:

S2 wasn't as good as S1 and it showed in the writing; however the actors were all fantastic and handled each of their parts perfectly.  I really enjoyed Simon Woods as Octavian.  And Polly Walker did evil witch to broken hearted used up ex-girlfriend very well.  The look on her face in the last episode was great.  Dont know who the girl was that they got to play Octavian's wife, but history records her as being very conniving and ambitious, so the actress really carried that off well. 

In the end, I was just thrilled to have fresh Pullo to gaze upon .... I used to say he could just stand there and read the phone book and I'd listen to him.  I could listen to that lovely deep voice all day!   :crush:
daft as a bat

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 07:00:53 PM »

Carole you guys are lucky we dont get it released here in england until 10th September so i have another 32 days to wait before I can get my stickey little fingers all over it and I actually missed the first 6 or 7 episodes so I'm dying to see them.  :(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:03:11 PM by daft as a bat » Logged

TTUMom
Newbie.

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 07:08:58 PM »

Daft ... what are you doing up at 3am in teh morning??  Is school still out?

I like teh frist couple episodes of season 2 then they kind of got a bit dull but again ... absolutely anythign with Ray had me siting forward.  And I did wonder for more than half the season who was going to die.  I swore I'd not watch teh last one if I got wind it was Pullo.  hahaha. 

32 days huh?  hang in there.  Go to HBO.com and read the episode guide if you need a preview of those first 6 you missed. 

Night all!  :D
daft as a bat

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 01:14:12 AM »

Yes school is still out, my problem when I hit the summer holidays is cause I have no work to do except for prep for the new academic year, my mind keeps doing summersalts and I cant get to sleep so im up all times of the night until I drop to the floor, didnt get to bed until 3.30am and im up before 9.00am so what the hell is that all about.  Need to stimulate my brain more so im physically exhausted so I can sleep, or failing that a good session with Ray might do the trick.  ;D

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 12:13:18 PM »

:cheer2:  woo hoo just checked amazon.com and mine has been SHIPPED.  :yahoo: :dance2: :drule: :nailbite2: :squirm:

:wingit:
fuzzybunny

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »

Mine came yesterday. :dance2:  The image quality is great, still has the "pop-up history" feature.  It actually doesn't seem to have as many extras in general as the first series DVD did, but I'm happy I got it.

To be honest, I thought the second season was rushed, but was glad we got the closure.  I enjoyed it while I was watching it on television, just not as much as season 1.  However, since watching some of the eps on the DVDs, I think season 2 is better than I remember.

I miss this show.... :cry:

Edited, because I have now gone through all the eps and a bunch of the extras and commentaries and I just need to say...I really, really miss this show! :cry:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 02:36:00 PM by fuzzybunny » Logged

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 01:40:42 PM »

:cheer2:  In the mailbox today when I got home WOOHOO, cant' spend much time with it 'cause this is church choir practice night......did I say I'm not good at being patient?

:wingit:
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 07:25:02 AM »

Pre-ordered from Amazon, but I have yet to open it.  My kiddos are off to school next week.  Then I'll have time to savor the extras.  I've been watching my favorite episodes on HBO the last couple of weeks.

remus

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 03:41:03 AM »

i live in England and the release date of the season two DVD isn't until sept 10th, so have ordered region one set from amazon, hope delivery is quick cos i don't know if i can last much longer without a dose of Rome!!
Am fading fast and withdrawal symptoms are kicking in................

:pray: :pullo2:
Tryne

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 04:00:18 AM »

I have wished for it for my birthday which is Sep 23. but a colleague of mine from the library has ordered it on Amazon and is normally generous with lending out her stuff, so I might be lucky and get to see it before my b-day  :pray:
:tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: