Ray Stevenson Community
April 19, 2018, 02:52:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Rome season 2 DVD!  (Read 26740 times)
Arya

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 07:21:07 AM »

Well I have the episodes downloaded and recorded on DVD discs  :embarassed: and I dont think I will buy the orginal set as it is too expansive and rather extras-dry from what I heard. But I would LOVE to hear what was said about the characters of Pullo and Vorenus ( or Ray and Kevin) by the writers/actors/directors et al in the commentaries. Something interesting? Or ground-breaking? ;D
Thanks in advance.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 07:41:46 AM »

Well I have the episodes downloaded and recorded on DVD discs  :embarassed: and I dont think I will buy the orginal set as it is too expansive and rather extras-dry from what I heard. But I would LOVE to hear what was said about the characters of Pullo and Vorenus ( or Ray and Kevin) by the writers/actors/directors et al in the commentaries. Something interesting? Or ground-breaking? ;D
Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard all the commentaries yet.

I LOVED the narration of one of the eps by James Purefoy! I was laughing, hard! And I think what I loved most about it was that he praised Ray a lot and talked about the popularity of the character Titus Pullo! It sounds like James is a lot of fun, and he sounded very relaxed, to me. :giggly:

And Bruno Heller's & Jonathan Stamp's narration of the final episode. I could just imagine them sitting there having a drink.  :2drink: They were funny, too... err....they sounded pretty loose. And they certainly acknowledged that it was the end of Rome. Even though that was sad, I enjoyed what they said, too. :cheers:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
remus

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 10:33:38 AM »

withdrawal symptoms gone.......... recieved copy of season two this am, now to sit down and raylax......................bliss

:fanmail:
daft as a bat

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »

My mom has ordered it for me from play.com for my birthday and usually if the release date is on the Monday then I normally get it on the Saturday before as they must get it in stock a little earlier and send it out straight away, so I'm hoping to be watching it this weekend.  ;D

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 12:34:13 AM »

Yessss...my season 2 DVD box arrived just in time for my birthday! What a great present! Now all I have to do is find the time to watch it...

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Nomad
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 12:51:22 AM »

Happy Birthday, Aemilia!  :bday2:

:nomad:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 08:04:21 AM »

Aemilla!

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Toduo

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 12:27:30 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Aemilia, have a wonderful day! :bday: :cheers:

:toduo:
daft as a bat

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 11:54:04 PM »

Happy Birthday Aemilia, if you are anything like me you are watching Rome season 2 I've just got through epsidoe 4 so still some way to go.  ;D

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 12:19:38 AM »

Thank you for all your good wishes...I saw the first two episodes on my birthday and hope to see one or two more today...

The only bad thing is it makes me upset all over again that they cancelled the show after two seasons  :curse:

Tryne

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 01:12:32 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  :cheer: :bday: :cheer2:
Enjoy the rest of Season 2
:tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 02:11:54 AM »

So now I´ve seen all of season 2. I thought it worked pretty well, apart from the fact that it was obviously a little rushed and too much crammed into a mere 10 episodes.

I did think Pullo as Cicero´s cheerful assassin was a little out of character...I would have thought since Pullo did insist he was a soldier...not a murderer...(to Erastes Fulmen)...and all the trouble he got in later doing "mortality work" for EF, he would not have been very happy doing another murder (even if he was following orders). For a soldier to kill an unarmed man...seems to me it should have gone against his grain, so to speak.

And of course there was not near enough of Pullo...(although could there ever be enough Pullo??)... :pullo2:

How about making that Rome movie, HBO? I have a few ideas... :listit:

titusfan
Newbie.

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »

Hi Guys, Newbie here. Which interview was it, where Kevin describes Ray as accident-prone and says he likes to complain a lot! Where can I find it? Cheers. :wave:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2007, 09:01:16 PM »

Hi Guys, Newbie here. Which interview was it, where Kevin describes Ray as accident-prone and says he likes to complain a lot! Where can I find it? Cheers. :wave:

Welcome, titusfan!  :wave:

Sorry. Can't help you at the moment. Maybe Kevin said that in his audio commentary of that episode on the Season 1 DVD? I forget whether he did the commentary on episode 10 or 11 or 12. :think: :huh: :dget:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
redshift

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 02:21:18 PM »

Welcome, titusfan  :wave:

That rings a bell.... I believe it was Toduo who mentioned it somewhere on this site, but I can't remember where!  :duh:
If I come across it, I'll let you know! :cheers:

:redshift:   

:redshift:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: