Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:16:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: That Pullo and Gaia scene  (Read 48710 times)
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 02:51:52 PM »

I assumed your bird was a male because males tend to have the brighter plumage?
This is her boyfriend

Quite handsome, Wing. :loveys:

By the way, I had to check back, but my bunny is referred to as "it" and "he".  When I have the time, I'll have to make him a girlfriend. :think:

Not only handsome, but a real punisher, wing  :neen:

:brit:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:10:53 PM by britmys » Logged

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 03:09:02 PM »

ooof! If I understood the audio commentary on this scene included on the Season 2 DVD, there was something edited out of this scene because it was  too  HOT.  :dance: :faint:

Oh, I wish they could have included the outtake from this scene on the DVD!!!! :drool2: :squirm: :nailbite2: :drule: :crush:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 03:20:28 PM »

By the way, I had to check back, but my bunny is referred to as "it" and "he".  When I have the time, I'll have to make him a girlfriend. :think:

Just a thought, if he is a "Killer" he could have a grilfriend named "Geraldine".... my age is showing.

:wingit:
fuzzybunny

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »

:lol:  Flip Wilson?!  In a million years, I wouldn't have come up with that one, Wing! :clap:  Luckily, my mama made me watch all the "old" stuff. :neen:

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 08:05:27 PM »

:lol:  Flip Wilson?!  In a million years, I wouldn't have come up with that one, Wing! :clap:  Luckily, my mama made me watch all the "old" stuff. :neen:

Wow!  I'm so old that I saw Flip Wilson when he was first on television and that reference completely went over my head until you pointed it out, fuzzy  :lol:.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Tryne

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 04:09:14 AM »

Ok anyone who knows more about glass and the history of glass can correct me, but the thing that distracts me in that scene is the pieces of blue glass used are modern glass that is made to crumble into non-sharp pellets to help prevent getting cut by broken glass.  Glass in ancient times would have shattered and been sharp enough to cut a lot of skin.  Sort of takes me out of the moment.  Just breaking the crockery would have been less distracting.  Sorry but I had to let this out.

Darling Wing  :cheer2: ... Exactly HOW many times have you watched that scene?  :cool2: I mean ... normally I don't start paying attention to anything else that the most important person/thing/action in a scene, before I have watched it 20 times or more ...  :giggly: ..

Tsk, tsk, tsk ... Wing you naughty girl ..  :devil:  :razz:

:tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Bella

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 06:16:33 AM »

Ok......., I actually found the scene disturbing.  :o Maybe because I have not seen the rest of season 2, but I thought he really was in love with Eirene. What possessed him to do that? Has he not gotten any from Eirene yet? Guess I have to continue to watch. I am only on  episode 2. I will be watching 3 and 4 tonight.
Guess I like to watch Ray in a more sensitive , whimsical format, ok also a brut, but not sexual violent.
Just my opinion.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 06:41:58 AM »

Darling Wing  :cheer2: ... Exactly HOW many times have you watched that scene?  :cool2:
Only twice on HBO.. haven't made it that far on the DVD's yet.  Noticed it the first time (yes I am really that analytical and dorky).

:wingit:
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 07:08:04 AM »

Bella...at that point in season 2 Pullo is in dry dock since Eirene says her people does not permit sex once the baby quickens...although it is pretty obvious from Gaia´s first appearance that Pullo finds her ... interesting.

Also I doubt the Romans in general saw anything conflicting between loving your wife and having sex with a slave. The master of any household had the right to have sex with any slave in the household, this was not regarded as anything immoral or wrong. Atia, for instance, tells Marc Anthony to have sex with that "German slut" in the kitchen, when she is not in the mood herself. Although the "plebs" were probably a little more conservative than the nobles in this regard.

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Tryne

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 07:14:03 AM »

Darling Wing  :cheer2: ... Exactly HOW many times have you watched that scene?  :cool2:
Only twice on HBO.. haven't made it that far on the DVD's yet.  Noticed it the first time (yes I am really that analytical and dorky).

Blimey... you should be a detective or something ... Or 'Bourne'  :bond:... you never miss anything ... I'm quite impressed  :worshippy:
:tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Arya

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 07:14:33 AM »

Ok......., I actually found the scene disturbing.   Maybe because I have not seen the rest of season 2, but I thought he really was in love with Eirene. What possessed him to do that? Has he not gotten any from Eirene yet? Guess I have to continue to watch. I am only on  episode 2. I will be watching 3 and 4 tonight.
Guess I like to watch Ray in a more sensitive , whimsical format, ok also a brut, but not sexual violent.
Just my opinion.
Posted on: Today at 04:09:14 AMPosted by: Tryne

You are not the only one. I hated hated HATED that scene. I never intend to rewatch it and it almost ruined the character of Pullo for me. Dont get me wrong- I enjoyed watching him in tryst with Cleopatra as the next person but this one I found disgusting. First- oh the poor little sweet innocent and very pregnant Eirene, who forgave Pullo the death of her fiancee and gave him a happiness- being cheated on like this :o Besides seeing Pullo trashing woman around like this and then riding her like a horse...ugh...maybe there is something wrong with me but I dont find it remotly sexy.
Fortunately  Ray was amazing in the next episode and redeemed Pullo in my eyes. But I would have really done without this scene and would prefer some sweet lovemaking with Eirene instead.
Bella

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 09:58:02 AM »

Aemillia, you are right. That was in the episode I watched last night, where Atia tells Marc Anthony to have sex with the kitchen help. But somehow it does not bother me with those characters. Guess because I have a sweet spot for Ray, that I don't like to watch him that aggressive with woman.
Yea, Arya, I have no desire to watch that scene again. I may have to leave the room and get something to drink or snack on.  :cheers: Thank goodness he redeems himself in the episode after that.
daft as a bat

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 05:27:29 PM »

Pullo is a bit of a brute all around that scene droe it some so to speak and I think it was well within keeping with his character and didnt suprise me a bit.  ;)

WikkidLu
Newbie.

Yeah. I am.

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 05:47:24 PM »

Aemillia, you are right. That was in the episode I watched last night, where Atia tells Marc Anthony to have sex with the kitchen help. But somehow it does not bother me with those characters. Guess because I have a sweet spot for Ray, that I don't like to watch him that aggressive with woman.
Yea, Arya, I have no desire to watch that scene again. I may have to leave the room and get something to drink or snack on.  :cheers: Thank goodness he redeems himself in the episode after that.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Pink doilies anyone????

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Wikkid Lu. These bleeding men - my gift to you. (I am finished with them)
:wicked:
Nomad
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Pink doilies anyone????

Wikkid, Wikkid Lu!  :neen: :lips:

:nomad:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: