Ray Stevenson Community
February 20, 2018, 06:41:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Return of the Native  (Read 6698 times)
Hadria

« on: May 30, 2006, 06:03:37 PM »

(Apologies to the HBO regs for the sort-of duplicate post. Feel free to go look at some pictures instead.  ;D )

I watched "Return of the Native" for the first time last night. Ray looked absolutely shagtastic (copyright Labiaofthejulii) in those 19th-century clothes, tall and slender and very manly, and he had lots of lurvely dark hair to run my fingers through... er, sorry. Lost my train of thought for a sec.  :squirm: :crush:

Sadly, his character was a bit on the sappy side, so I found myself giggling at inappropriate moments. I think it was just the contrast between Clym Yeobright and Titus Pullo that did it. Clym is so young and innocent and bright-eyed, and Titus Pullo... isn't. *snork* I lurve that sexy beast Titus Pullo, but Ray also makes a wonderfully romantic 19th-century gentleman. :swoon:

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:38:38 AM »

That's funny - I watched Return of the Native this weekend too!  :D  (Yes, vid clips are forthcoming.  ;D)

I agree, Ray was quite dashing, can't blame that conniving wench Eustacia for setting her sights on him. Can't say that I was sad to see her & Damon get some serious "karmic backlash" either!  ;)

Sadly, his character was a bit on the sappy side, so I found myself giggling at inappropriate moments.

LOL, the whole movie was a bit sappy. Any moreso and I would have had to stick a spigot in my dvd player and let it drain into a pail!  Still it was good fun and loads of romance and love triangles, the kind of movie to curl up on the couch and watch on a lazy afternoon. :lol:

I think it was just the contrast between Clym Yeobright and Titus Pullo that did it. Clym is so young and innocent and bright-eyed, and Titus Pullo... isn't. *snork* I lurve that sexy beast Titus Pullo, but Ray also makes a wonderfully romantic 19th-century gentleman. :swoon:

sigh ... so true  :swoon:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:20:22 PM »

I think sappiness is a prerequisite for Hallmark Movies.

Damn, this man is underused.  We need to see him in more features!

Hadria

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 05:53:10 AM »

That's funny - I watched Return of the Native this weekend too!  :D  (Yes, vid clips are forthcoming.  ;D)

I agree, Ray was quite dashing, can't blame that conniving wench Eustacia for setting her sights on him. Can't say that I was sad to see her & Damon get some serious "karmic backlash" either!  ;)

The ending actually left me kind of cold. The characters were mostly one-dimensional, so I felt nothing when Eustacia and Damon died. I didn't like either one of them very much. (And by that time, Catherine Zeta Jones' permanent quasi-pout was getting on my nerves.)

Sadly, his character was a bit on the sappy side, so I found myself giggling at inappropriate moments.

LOL, the whole movie was a bit sappy.

Okay, I'll admit it. The whole thing was a total snorkfest. I was trying to be nice.  ;D

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 09:59:23 AM »

The ending actually left me kind of cold.

It left Eustacia and Damon cold too. har-har-har

The characters were mostly one-dimensional, so I felt nothing when Eustacia and Damon died.  I didn't like either one of them very much.

Since we're giving endings away ... Rosebud's a sled.   ;)  :lol:  I agree, they weren't likeable at all, they definitely deserved each other.

Okay, I'll admit it. The whole thing was a total snorkfest. I was trying to be nice.  ;D

A good sappy though, it only stimulated my gag reflex two, maybe three, times.  :lol:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 12:53:29 PM »

OK, as noted in other threads, had to read "The Return of the Native" for a book report in high school and it was BORING.  Avoided watching the Hallmark version, didn't know what I was missing ...

Rented "The Return of the Native" off NETFLIX and watched it this weekend... acting questionable, except for Joan Plowright, she was great... but worth watching for Ray, who was gorgeous... looked so much better than in the chalky make-up job in "Band of Gold", made me wish he had started acting much earlier so we would have several more years worth of films to see him in. 

Silly silly Eustacia... I would have loved to have had him blind and alone in my cottage with nothing better to do than chop down a few trees and sing to me and take naps on my floor...

:wingit:
redshift

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 02:18:08 PM »

For U.K viewers:

The Return Of The Native is on Channel 4, Tues 27 Nov. 13.30 p.m   A nice afternoon film to curl up with tea and biccies! :tea:

:redshift:

Aggripanilla

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 07:44:33 AM »

Oh, I really enjoyed this movie.  Campy, but fun!

For U.K viewers:

The Return Of The Native is on Channel 4, Tues 27 Nov. 13.30 p.m   A nice afternoon film to curl up with tea and biccies! :tea:

Vote for Rome!
http://richlabonte.net/tvvote/
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice
Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 03:38:43 AM »

I got Return of the native DVD ...there is making of,gallery e.t.c. very nice! :clap:

Markéta
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: