Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 11:55:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Premier of Outpost  (Read 5931 times)
Nomad
« on: April 16, 2008, 06:58:56 PM »

Ooooh!  You lucky ladies!  Do you think RAY will get time off from Cirque Du Freak to be there???  :crush:

Horror film premiere on horizon:
War-torn Eastern Europe was recreated in south west Scotland

The European premiere of a "gore-filled action horror film" is to be held in Dumfries next month.

"Outpost" - starring Ray Stevenson who featured in the television series Rome - was shot near Castle Douglas, Dalbeattie and in Glasgow last year.

A special screening will take place at the Robert Burns Film Theatre on 3 May.

An old munitions factory and a forest on the Balmaghie Estate were used to create a backdrop of war-torn Eastern Europe for the film.

"Outpost" tells the story of a band of mercenaries who undertake a dangerous mission into no-man's land at the behest of a mysterious businessman.

They set out to locate and secure a disused military bunker.

However, when they get to their target, they discover a terrifying secret that has lain buried for half a century.

The film was produced by Glasgow-based production company Black Camel Pictures.

Arabella Croft and Kieran Parker recently won the Bafta Scotland award for Best First Time Producers for their work on the film.

Story from BBC NEWS:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/south_of_scotland/7351083.stm

***********************************************************************************************

Plus, here's another article about the young BAFTA-winning producers of Outpost.

Govan zombies taste film success 

A zombie-thriller partly shot in Govan has helped to kick-start the careers of a Glasgow couple who re-mortgaged their house to fund the film.

Movie producers Arabella Croft and Kieran Parker, who have two young children, decided to risk 200,000 of their own cash on the film "Outpost."

The film about Nazi soldiers who come back from the dead has been snapped up by Sony Pictures for 1.2m.

It has already been released on DVD in the US and is due to hit UK cinemas.

The couple, who run the film company Black Camel Pictures, have worked in the industry for many years.

Arabella said they took a calculated risk on the project.

"We've both worked in the industry for a long time - making the tea for years and climbing every rung of the ladder," she said.

"We spent many nights talking about it - but we decided that we were young enough to take a chance."

"We re-jigged a lot of our finances to raise an awful lot of our own money, but we went into it with high hopes and passion and belief."

The film was bought by Sony Pictures for 1.2m

The film, directed by Steve Barker, is set in Eastern Europe but was shot in a Dumfriesshire munitions factory and Glasgow's Govan.

Kieran came up with the idea for the film, which he described as "Platoon meets the Sixth Sense," and went on to develop the story with writer Rae Brunton.

After receiving favourable reviews in the US, Sony Pictures has decided to screen "Outpost" at 130 cinemas across the UK from May.

Kieran said it was worth taking a financial risk on the film.

He said: "We knew what we wanted to do, but no-one was going to invite us to the table.

"Zombies didn't save our house, but they may have kick-started our careers."

The pair, who scooped the Best First Time Producers Bafta this year for their work on "Outpost," have several other films in the pipeline - including a sequel, "Outpost II: The Red Zone," and a new action-thriller called "Breathe."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7351019.stm

:nomad:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:47:12 AM by Nomad » Logged
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:38:09 PM »

Thanks, Nomad! A sequel to Outpost, eh? Wonder if Ray will be free to do it? ::)

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Nomad
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:23:33 PM »

Thanks, Nomad! A sequel to Outpost, eh? Wonder if Ray will be free to do it? ::)

I dunno!  But I have to say that...that...*searching for the words* ...that I hope His Lordship is VERY busy in future, with MANY projects that interest him.  :juggle:

If there should be a sequel to Outpost, and it certainly seems like there WILL be, it would be....hmmm...  :idea: a SHAME were he NOT available to do it.  But not a catastrophe.  At least not for HIM.   :coffee:

Nighty night!

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 04:38:20 AM »

Ah.  :cool2:

Very well said, Nomad. ;) :D

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »

Today Outpost opens in UK theaters!!! Break a zombie leg!

Brits -- Please take the time to get out there and see the film this weekend!

I ran out and bought Outpost the day it became available in the US, since the media focus on how releases do as soon as they come out. No one seems to believe in the power of building "word-of-mouth" anymore. I hope to watch it soon. :P :party: :nailbite2:

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »

I second that emotion...

Wish I could either get the DVD or see it at the movies but guess I will just have to wait for the DVD to be released in the UK...soon, soon please, please, pretty please with sugar on top...

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Nomad
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 01:49:24 PM »

OMG.  To see Ray  :crush: on a BIG screen is practically worth a trip from Los Angeles to London.  I can't believe you British RayVers aren't RUNNING to your nearest theatre!   :rscom:

I keep hoping there will be a revival someplace here and Theory of Flight will be shown.  So far no luck.  Maybe someday King Arthur will reappear in theatres.  In the meantime, I have to wait until December!   :huh2:

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »

hmmmm... should we opt for front row seats to get the full effect or sit back a little so we can more easily drool?  :neen:  Can hardly wait in any event.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Nomad
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:03:06 PM »

hmmmm... should we opt for front row seats to get the full effect or sit back a little so we can more easily drool?  :neen:  Can hardly wait in any event.

:brit:

It's very likely I'll see it five times the first day or two, so I'll experiment with different points of view.  *snigger*

:cheers:
daft as a bat

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 04:58:17 PM »

I wanted to go this weekend but couldnt make it so im looking at going Monday or Wednesday evening this week but will have to go on my own as no one is interested, I dont care it will be worth going alone just to see the Rayver on the big screen. ;D

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 12:51:01 AM »

Outpost isn't on in this City. Can you believe it?!

*kicks furniture*

Hmmm. Perhaps it'll be on next week if the figures are reasonable in other cinemas?

:hmm:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Nomad
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 01:47:12 AM »

Outpost isn't on in this City. Can you believe it?!

*kicks furniture*

Hmmm. Perhaps it'll be on next week if the figures are reasonable in other cinemas?

:hmm:

Oooooh.  Labia.  If you wait until your scarf arrives, you can take it to the movies with you.  You can sit there with it, in the dark, stroking, fondling, inhaling.   I don't want even to THINK further on the possibilities.  *gulps*  *places hand over own mouth*  *exercises HUGE self-control*

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 07:43:54 AM »

::)

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: