Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:47:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Outpost UK Premiere - SPECIAL TREAT!!  (Read 11117 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: May 01, 2008, 10:35:05 AM »

Happy Birthday to Us!  We are TWO YEARS OLD!  :bday:  :cheers: Yes, RS.com was launched on May 1, 2006.

To celebrate the upcoming UK theatre release of Outpost and the site's birthday, there's a special surprise for everyone ...

Some of you lucky RayVers will soon own a part of Ray's Outpost costume.

*pauses dramatically to listen to jaws clanging to the floor*

The brilliant and massively cute Kieran Parker has set aside part of the DC costume as a thank you for the promotion done here on the website.

For now, I won't say what the items are, other than they are articles Ray wore on screen.

Obviously I cannot simply give away such treasure! Oh no, those of you heady with the thought of owning something Ray wore will have to battle to the death for ownership. Therefore ...

THE RULES:

1.  Since Outpost is Ray's first horror movie, all entries must have a horror theme that includes Ray. It can be a variation or spoof of Outpost, or Ray in another horror movie (e.g., Ray in Halloween, Ray vs. the Wild Sorority Girls of Planet Playtex) ... whatever your feverish minds concoct.

2.  It can be done in any artistic medium of your choosing -- photoshop, collage, slideshow, diorama, video, interpretative dance, ice sculpture, rock opera, Legos. Whatever you're capable of, it's up to you.

3.  Send submissions to me, do not post submissions on the forum. (Don't send the actual diorama or ice sculpture, pictures or video of what you made will suffice!!)

4.  Contest is for existing members only.

5.  Only one competing entry per person. **

6.  Entries with the most votes win.

7.  Submissions must be received by May 8, 2008.

8.  Voting poll will be open from May 9 - 15, 2008.

9.  Winners announced May 16, 2008.

** You may enter ONE submission to be voted on, however if you're so inspired, there will be a non-competing category/just for show and you can add other submissions there.

Good luck RayVers, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thank you, Kieran!  :ray:

:lotis:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Nomad
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »

This is hysterical, Lotis!  Is Ray  :crush:  taking part in the judging?  *will not be competing*  Are you going to post piccies of the entries here on RScom?  I hope so!

Oooh!  I just thought of something!  This article of Ray's :crush: could be like the Traveling Pants.  That would only work if everybody were honest.  How could sister RayVers be anything BUT honest??  But the prize (pants) could be passed from one of us to the other.  Each one would have "custody" of it for one week before having to forward it to the next RayVer on the list, no matter in what part of the world.

I really like that idea.

:nomad:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »

Happy Birthday to Us!  We are TWO YEARS OLD!  :bday:  :cheers: Yes, RS.com was launched on May 1, 2006.

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!  - er, yaaaaay?....

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ray-Stevenson.com.   :bday2:  To celebrate, here is a song I played on my violin and accordion

(Lotis, you had to know I'd inflict the "Birthday Turd" on you.  Surely this even fits the contest theme and inspires horror?  All the same it isn't my entry - will be sending that separately. *cackles with unholy glee*)

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »

This is hysterical, Lotis!  Is Ray  :crush:  taking part in the judging?  *will not be competing*  Are you going to post piccies of the entries here on RScom?  I hope so!

Oooh!  I just thought of something!  This article of Ray's :crush: could be like the Traveling Pants.  That would only work if everybody were honest.  How could sister RayVers be anything BUT honest??  But the prize (pants) could be passed from one of us to the other.  Each one would have "custody" of it for one week before having to forward it to the next RayVer on the list, no matter in what part of the world.

I really like that idea.

Yeah, but those travelling pants had not once been wore by the girls' object of obsession affection. I'm having a hard time envisioning any hen here voluntarily handing off something Ray wore to another.  :lol:

(Lotis, you had to know I'd inflict the "Birthday Turd" on you.  Surely this even fits the contest theme and inspires horror?  All the same it isn't my entry - will be sending that separately. *cackles with unholy glee*)

Titus, you really need to add a disclaimer that no cat was harmed in the making of that atrocity!

Nomad
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »

Titus, you really need to add a disclaimer that no cat was harmed in the making of that atrocity!

Did you notice, Lotis, that on the site that contains Titus's "song" is a little clicky in the upper right of the screen that says, "Report Abuse?"

:cheers:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »

Oh, to answer the earlier question - yes, I will post the submissions to the board. I'll create separate threads for competing and non-competing, and will add submissions to the same post as they come in so that all the entires are together.

Nomad
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »

Oh, to answer the earlier question - yes, I will post the submissions to the board. I'll create separate threads for competing and non-competing, and will add submissions to the same post as they come in so that all the entires are together.

Thanks, but...ummm...I asked another question, too.   :shy:  Mmmm...is Ray :crush: taking part in the judging?   :faint:

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 02:16:43 PM »

It's a voting poll, whoever gets the most votes wins.

If Ray logs on, he can vote.

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ray-Stevenson.com.   :bday2:  To celebrate, here is a song I played on my violin and accordion

Listened....mama always said if you can't say anything nice ... so .....uh TP you kept the rhythm really well !!  Keep up the lessons!!! 

:wingit:
Caroline

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »

TP, I didn't know you were so ...... talented. :lol:

Lotis, this is a great idea and if only I had the computer/technical know how I would make a video.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 06:24:34 PM »

uh how many votes do we each get?

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »

Happy Birthday, rs.com  :dance2:

What a great idea you have to celebrate the event, Lotis! I'm afraid I won't be contributing an entry  ::)  but I do look forward to everyone's efforts.

I DO love Nomad's idea of the traveling pants  :clap:.  We would be honor bound to pass them along.  :neen:

Titus, that gave me such a wonderful cackle.  Bless your pointed little head   :snog:.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 08:37:26 PM »

Titus.....You want to have an article of clothing which was next to Ray's body?  :huh2: I'm surprised. :shrug: Not that there's anything wrong with that.  :) :-* :cheers:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »

Cheers to all of us on this second anniversary of Ray-Stevenson.com! Especially to Lotis (Thank you for all you have done!) and to Ray (I am such an admirer of your work, and going by your interviews and other non-acting comments I have heard so far, you are pretty cool, Ray. In the best sense of the word.)

All the best to Ray and his family, and may we all reap the benefits of more and more people appreciating Ray in the future.  :clap:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 06:21:34 PM »

uh how many votes do we each get?

Everyone gets to vote once, for the entry they like the best.

I'm disappointed to see people say they're not even going to try! Where is the fun in that? And how often does an opportunity to win something unique come along?

This isn't a competition to see who's the best artist or has the most skill. Just HAVE FUN (and win a cool prize). All you need is a bit of imagination - and I'm pretty sure most here posses one!

You don't have to know Photoshop, you can hand-draw stick figures or use clip art. Use pictures from magazines. Write a poem a la The Raven, or write a short story. Do a skit with paper dolls or finger-puppets and record it.  Use Barbie and Ken dolls. Compile a bunch of pics into a slide show and tell a story. Write a song (except for YOU, Titus  :D).

Concept is what matters. The first submission (YAY!) was made by hand and the entrant snapped a picture. :photo:

So just use what you know and have some fun with it!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: