Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:20:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tide of Life (mini-series)  (Read 41024 times)
Hadria

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »

Thank you Hadria!!!!  :worshippy:

I ordered a DVD of Tide of Life, shortly after the description I read of the bedroom scene.  :party: The screencaps are "tiding" me over until I get in my hot little hands!!!!  :dance:

Camamar, you're the third person who has said they've bought ToL since I posted the synopsis. Heeee! *awards self another point*

I think Ray owes me a drink for this! :lol: :2drunks:

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 08:02:30 PM »

>>>>you're the third person who has said they've bought ToL since I posted the synopsis. Heeee! *awards self another point*

I think Ray owes me a drink for this!<<<< 

Ha! I think he owes you more than that!  :snog:

Just kidding, Ray.  :neen:

You reward us with us a kiss for promoting you only if you want to. Just watch out if we decide to take matters into our own hands if we get near you!  :ray: :lips: :lips:  :crush:  :lips: :lips:   :crush: :lips: :lips:  :crush: :lips: :lips:  :crush: :lips:  :ray:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 08:10:16 AM »

Camamar, you're the third person who has said they've bought ToL since I posted the synopsis. Heeee! *awards self another point*

Hmmmmm, does this mean volunteers to make ToL clips for the website too??  :think:

Subtle, aren't I??  ;D

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 07:47:23 AM »

Lotis...have just got the Tide of Life DVD and would be happy to make clips for the website...if I knew how???

Can you advice?

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Aggripanilla

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »

I started watching my copy of Tide of Life today.  So far, it is pretty good for that sort of movie.   The picture is fantastic through my cheap all-region DVD.  I wonder if they remastered the film.  I also noticed that Ray is credited with Rome on the DVD jacket, so someone must be aware of his marketability.

Vote for Rome!
http://richlabonte.net/tvvote/
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice
Toduo

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 02:36:05 PM »

I started watching my copy of Tide of Life today.  So far, it is pretty good for that sort of movie.   The picture is fantastic through my cheap all-region DVD.  I wonder if they remastered the film.  I also noticed that Ray is credited with Rome on the DVD jacket, so someone must be aware of his marketability.
Interesting that Ray is credited with Rome on the jacket of this long ago made production. Hope he's getting a few quid in his pocket for the dvd sales - though I very much doubt it!

:toduo:
Aggripanilla

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 04:42:05 AM »

I finally finished Tide of Life and I agree (with Graham), Ray's acting is even better than in Rome.  Very intense.  I liked the movie very much as was surprised that James Purefoy surfaced.  It seems as if the Rome cast had been working together for years.  Perhaps that is why Rome was so very brilliant.

Vote for Rome!
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 04:49:03 AM »

Errr...Graham said Ray´s acting in ToL was better than his acting in Rome? What have I missed...? And what was actually said??

Can´t say I agree though...of the things I´ve seen, I think Ray´s portrayal of Pullo is his best work. :worshippy:

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 05:05:24 AM »

I was not in the chat room the whole time Graham was there, but I didn't see him saying Ray's acting in 'Tide of Life' was better than his acting in 'Rome'.

He has remarked that Ray got to show what a great actor he can be in 'Some Kind of Life'. I saw him say that in the R-S.com chat and in the SCBG chat.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
redshift

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 06:31:36 AM »

He has remarked that Ray got to show what a great actor he can be in 'Some Kind of Life'

That's the second reference to that programme I've heard recently. All favourable. When was it made?

:redshift:
fuzzybunny

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 06:38:18 AM »

He has remarked that Ray got to show what a great actor he can be in 'Some Kind of Life'

That's the second reference to that programme I've heard recently. All favourable. When was it made?

It was done in the 90s.  Ray has mentioned it in interviews, Graham mentioned it, and I read critical reviews of it that praised Ray's acting in it.  Unfortunately, Lotis says it hasn't been released on DVD which would explain why I haven't been able to find it.  Fast summary:  Jane Horrocks and Ray play a married couple with kids.  Ray suffers brain damage (I believe in a motorcycle accident?) and mentally becomes a child, himself.  Horrocks has to deal with the situation.  It's supposed to be very good and Ray is supposed to be fantastic in it.  I love Jane Horrocks, too, so I wish it were available.

Edited because I just looked it up on IMDB - 1995 and Granada produced it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:41:56 AM by fuzzybunny » Logged

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
Aggripanilla

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 06:43:23 AM »

I was not in the chat room the whole time Graham was there, but I didn't see him saying Ray's acting in 'Tide of Life' was better than his acting in 'Rome'.

He has remarked that Ray got to show what a great actor he can be in 'Some Kind of Life'. I saw him say that in the R-S.com chat and in the SCBG chat.

Oh, all this time I thought Graham was talking about Tide of Life.  The window was scrolling by so fast.  I've never heard of Some Kind of Life.  I still thought his acting was pretty good in Tide of Life.  I stand corrected.

Vote for Rome!
Toduo

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 08:16:14 AM »

Errr...Graham said Ray´s acting in ToL was better than his acting in Rome? What have I missed...? And what was actually said??

Can´t say I agree though...of the things I´ve seen, I think Ray´s portrayal of Pullo is his best work. :worshippy:
Sorry, am going to get stung badly for this, but have to disagree. Of all the things I've seen Ray in I think his performance in 'Some Kind of Life' is the best performance so far. I think Pullo was a loveable rogue with many different facets to his character. Most warmed to him; 'an everyman' as Ray himself has said. I didn't think the acting stretched him that far but I enjoyed his performance very much and loved the character he portrayed. I wonder if so many 'ladies' would have noticed him as well, and been so attracted, if they had seen any of his other performances and never saw Ray as TP first....room for thought :think:

Toduo

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 08:21:18 AM »

Ray had also said in an article here last year that he was most proud of 'Some Kind of Life'. I thought it was a very good drama - Ray or no Ray. He was very good in it and Jane Horrocks who played his wife was equally as good, as were the supporting cast. I hope he gets the roles that stretch him as an actor....back to the BBC, who have some fantastic writers but of course you don't get the international acclaim! Oh, well, can't have it all :ray:

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »

I wonder if so many 'ladies' would have noticed him as well, and been so attracted, if they had seen any of his other performances and never saw Ray as TP first....room for thought :think:

I've had lots of correspondence with fans and based on that and views that have been expressed before on the board and the guestbook, it seems there are as many who first noticed Ray as Dagonet in King Arthur as there are who discovered him via Rome. And there are those who have liked him since City Central or At Home with the Braithwaites.

Regarding, Some Kind of Life, Graham has said that it is his favorite performance of Ray's so far.

:lotis:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: