Ray Stevenson Community
February 23, 2018, 10:39:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tide of Life (mini-series)  (Read 41093 times)
Toduo

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:26 AM »

I wonder if so many 'ladies' would have noticed him as well, and been so attracted, if they had seen any of his other performances and never saw Ray as TP first....room for thought :think:

I've had lots of correspondence with fans and based on that and views that have been expressed before on the board and the guestbook, it seems there are as many who first noticed Ray as Dagonet in King Arthur as there are who discovered him via Rome. And there are those who have liked him since City Central or At Home with the Braithwaites.

Regarding, Some Kind of Life, Graham has said that it is his favorite performance of Ray's so far.

:lotis:
The majority of American fans I would imagine would have to be 'Rome', wouldn't it? King Arthur too I could see. AHWTB was a very popular show over here, but am a little surprised at City Central as the viewing figures were not the best.
Still rate his best dramatic performance as 'Some Kind of Life'

:toduo:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 10:38:24 AM »

Certainly during Rome s1, there were as many (US) fans who first noticed him in King Arthur, and others who remembered after seeing Rome having seen and liked him in KA but didn't know it was the same actor until they looked into learning about him.

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
redshift

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 04:31:46 AM »

Was King Arthur very sucessful in the States?

:redshift:
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 05:13:49 AM »

Could we move this discussion to a more appropriately titled topic...?  :listit:

And keep this one for The Tide of Life...(only I sometimes get lost around here trying to find stuff that hides in unexpected places... :confused:)

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 06:05:05 AM »

:truce:   Yeah we are a little bit ADD around here in some places (attention defic... what was I saying?)

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 12:44:43 PM »

:truce:   Yeah we are a little bit ADD around here in some places (attention defic... what was I saying?)

And we tend to do that stream of consciousness thing where the first thing that pops into your head always leads you onto another interesting tidbit and the next thing you know you forgot what you had started talking about .... er, what was I talking about?

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
remus

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 03:11:04 AM »

Well finally a day off work, managed to get a copy of the tide of life. I've heard so much about it on thes boards that i coulden't wait to sit down and watch it. It was grreat, and ray's part very bad but sultry.
It certainly showed that he can play the mean one just as well as a goodie. But you still feel drawn to the character..... or is that just infatuation on my part.

:devilish:
Toduo

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 03:58:37 AM »

Well finally a day off work, managed to get a copy of the tide of life. I've heard so much about it on thes boards that i coulden't wait to sit down and watch it. It was grreat, and ray's part very bad but sultry.
It certainly showed that he can play the mean one just as well as a goodie. But you still feel drawn to the character..... or is that just infatuation on my part.

:devilish:
I saw it too remus, just a few days ago. Thought it was one of the better roles he'd been given, and he looked devine - even when he was being a very, very bad boy!

:toduo:
daft as a bat

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 06:24:51 AM »

Ive ordered it on DVD and am awaiting its arrival so cant wait even though I know hes a bit mean in it.  :D

AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2007, 02:59:43 AM »

Just stumbled onto some *amazing* trivia...the song Cushie Butterfield, which you can hear Ray sing a bit from in Tide of Life, was at one point recorded by Sting (although it is in origin a Tyneside folksong from the 1860s...)

Now there´s a fact that could be useful one day!

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »

Been browsing through Barnes & Noble's web site deciding how to spend my Christmas present gift card (thank you nieces) And noticed there is a boxed set of 8 Catherine Cookson DVD's called "Catherine Cookson Anthology"  which includes "The Tide of Life" for not much more than 1 copy of "The Tide of Life" costs.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2008, 10:16:12 AM »

Thanks, wing. I already have The Tide of Life (rushed to buy it after reading Hadria's description.  :lol: :party:)....but I don't have The Dwelling Place (bad RayVer! *slaps own wrist*)

Is The Dwelling Place part of the Catherine Cookson collection, too?

I would rather buy The Dwelling Place separately, if I decide it's worth buying. I forget! Does it have loads of Ray in it?

I don't own King Arthur coz I think it doesn't have enough Ray in it...but the main reason is that I would be SO annoyed if I bought it and found there is not at least 1 minute's worth of extra footage and sound bites from Ray.

Wow. I AM a bad RayVer! *slaps self on the face*

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »

Hi Cam :wave:

"The Dwelling Place" is in another boxed set : Catherine Cookson Collection: Set 2.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2008, 03:47:18 PM »

Hi Cam :wave:

"The Dwelling Place" is in another boxed set : Catherine Cookson Collection: Set 2.

Oh! Forgot to say Thank you, Wing! *slaps forehead*

Well..as I said, I would try to get TDP separately rather than buy it as a set, if I were to buy it.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
emmylou

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2008, 03:22:42 PM »

I am getting the tide of life on dvd off e-bay, i had them all on vhs, but am slowly replacing them.  I have also read most of the books too, But its not as good as watching Ray,

Remember yesterday, live for today, and dream of tomorrow, but make everyday count.
hugs for Ray
love emmylou.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: