Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 06:48:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tide of Life (mini-series)  (Read 41027 times)
Toduo

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »

Blimey, Emmylou! :wave:

You are an avid fan.  :clap:Had first season of Rome given to me, second season I taped from the TV. I reckon I must be a fan by default rather than design  :lol: :cheers:

Keep those posts coming!

:toduo:
emmylou

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »

Cheers hun,its lovely to be among like minded people, I had the complete box set of Rome for xmas off my hubby, I love it so much, it is by far some of the best t.v i have ever seen.
And , well what can you say about Ray, he is just  so hot.

And my hubby doesnt mind being a Rome widow, .
see you all later  :wave:

Remember yesterday, live for today, and dream of tomorrow, but make everyday count.
hugs for Ray
love emmylou.
snowflake
Newbie.

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 02:44:41 PM »

Will be round to your house again em for yet another "Ray Day" full of his loveliness!  :cheer2:

love snowflake xx

Aim for the moon even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars!
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2008, 06:30:13 PM »

I finally watched "Tide of Life", bedroom scene and all (thanks Hadria)....Somehow these Catherine Cookson series tend to leave me so sad, the final scene not being enough to bring me out of the doldrum I fall into in the previous ep's. Very formulaic, much like the Harlequin romances.

I do have to say only good things about Ray and his performance..he seems to play the schizo (maybe nice guy, prolly not) guys so well. This seems to be a pattern for him in most productions I have seen of him. The cad who might be nice. in all honesty, I haven't seen the brit series' he did, like city central or red cap, he may have been different in those.

He did show his abilities to draw you into his character in this one, which was better demonstrated in Rome. I do think Outpost could have been a better role for him and was sad to see the characters never fleshed out more, but, alas, violence and bullets are what the public want now.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see James Purefoy in this, even if in a smaller role....reminded me of Rome all over again *sigh* 

*lobbies to the powers that be* "Give us a Rome movie!!!!!!!!!    :cheer:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 06:34:30 PM by mob1 » Logged

Mob1 icon
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2008, 12:23:38 PM »

LOVE your avatar Mob...where did you find the pic?

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »

thanks AC

It is a pic I took at Comic con and cropped, so it is unique, neh?  :cool2:

Mob1 icon
redshift

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 02:15:04 PM »

The Tide of Life is on Sun 7th Dec 10.00 UK History

:redshift:
sparkle13

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »

just watched this last night for first time since i saw on the telly years ago.It all came rushing back ,because it was sad to me he didnt turn out to be the hero but his old mucca james purloy.I think its better than the Dwelling Place .Its got more to it.
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 06:30:32 AM »

The Tide of Life is on Yesterday, 3.40pm and then again at 4.40pm, today (Yesterday is one of the TV Channels). Any Brits wot haven't seen the delights of Big Ray in this... you're in for a Big Treat  :ray:

I haven't had my fill of Larry Birch so methinks I shall watch it again... and possibly record it for when I want a bare-chested Ray moment  :drule:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »

The Tide of Life is on Yesterday, 3.40pm and then again at 4.40pm, today (Yesterday is one of the TV Channels). Any Brits wot haven't seen the delights of Big Ray in this... you're in for a Big Treat  :ray:

I haven't had my fill of Larry Birch so methinks I shall watch it again... and possibly record it for when I want a bare-chested Ray moment  :drule:

*Snorks heavily at chat a couple of hours ago*

I popped to my Mum's tonight for a cup of tea and a chat and we got round to talking about TV programmes. She asked if I'd seen the Catherine Cookson yesterday (I said "er... oh... um yes I think I did... The Tide of Life wasn't it?", all very nonchalantly, when really I was gripped on every Ray moment and his every nasty word). She loved it (she likes her bodice-rippers, me Ma). I asked what she thought of Larry Birch. "Which one was he?" she asked. "The big, handsome guy who was a real b**tard... the 'I'll not marry yeh' one" I replied.

"Ewwww HIM!" she exclaimed with absolute disgust. "He was... was... so UNCOUTH" she added with a distasteful look on her face. "I much preferred that dishy other one" (meaning James Purefoy's character wot got the girl in the end).

Someone said we turn into our Mother before too long?  Not me. We're worlds apart on this. It's Uncouth Ray not Dishy James for me every time. Hmm. Wonder what she'd call Pullo if Larry was uncouth? *snickers*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: