Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 06:45:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Just another newbie..  (Read 11543 times)
songbird
Newbie.

« on: July 25, 2008, 12:58:41 PM »

Hello people!

Cant say Im entirely new to Ray although the.. fandom, has never been as big as now as Ive received Rome season 1 and 2.
Ive got to thank Clive Owen and King Arthur for introducing me to the man.  :2drink:

Anyroad, Im 23 (as of two days, have to get used to that..  ;) ) and I come from Sweden. Im also a regular on the Sean Bean forums although his charm is fading.  :think:

Anyway, nice to meet you all.  :rock:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »

:welcome:, songbird.  Have fun here.  This is my first experience with fandom and Ray continues to have me held in the grip of his charm.  :ray:  And I don't forsee my trying to release his grip anytime soon  :lol:.

Have fun here.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
redshift

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »

Hello songbird :cheers:

Love your dog!   Welcome, I hope you enjoy yourself here!

:redshift:

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 03:20:59 PM »

Welcome songbird!!  Nice place for songbirds to be. :wingit:

:wingit:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 09:31:53 PM »

Hi, songbird! Welcome!  :wave:

I love the picture of your sweet doggy. :crush:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
songbird
Newbie.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 12:57:48 AM »

Thanks for the nice welcome's, all of you  :2drink:

Love your dog!

I love the picture of your sweet doggy.

Thats very sweet of you, unfortunately he had to be humanely euthanized 2,5 months ago.  :(

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »

Love your dog!

Thats very sweet of you, unfortunately he had to be humanely euthanized 2,5 months ago.  :(

Sorry, songbird. I know your pain. We put our sweet pup to sleep earlier this year. It still hurts. We have our lovely memories, though, don't we.

:bead:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:45:43 AM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
songbird
Newbie.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 01:35:56 PM »

Love your dog!

Sorry, songbird. I know your pain. We put our sweet pup to sleep earlier this year. It still hurts. We have our lovely memories, though, don't we.

:bead:

Absolutely. Having had him with us for 14 years though, since I was 9 has left quite a void in the daily routine but as Freddie Mercury so well put it; The Show Must Go On!  :)
redshift

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 04:11:01 PM »

Ahhh, I'm very sorry for the both of you  :worry-rose:

It's one of lifes cruel jokes that we get to live for 3 score and ten, whilst dogs only live for 15, if we're lucky.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

Ahhh, I'm very sorry for the both of you  :worry-rose:

It's one of lifes cruel jokes that we get to live for 3 score and ten, whilst dogs only live for 15, if we're lucky.

Thank you, redshift.

I wound up crying a few times today thinking about our lost pup. While I was writing my reply to songbird, I got terribly choked up *shakes head at self*. I wound up editing my original post because I thought it might reveal too much about about my identity.

Mr. Cam and I had another talk today about getting another dog in here. Maybe under different circumstances than have existed in the past (dog day-care). Maybe we can do that.

I know there's a famous quote by some famous person ....something to the effect that the best human would have a hard time measuring up to the average dog when it comes to loyalty and lovability. I absolutely agree. Loss of love at any time is difficult. Love may be as important as water to the sustenance of life.

Moment of levity --------->  :bday:  :loveys: :crush: :razz: :rasp:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 07:37:02 PM by Camamar » Logged

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »

I feel for the two of you.  As you can see, I am the proud owner of a 1 year-old papillon named Blaise; but I also have a 13 year-old American Eskimo spitz named Daisy.  I know that she is getting to be an old lady, for she has trouble hearing me when she is in the back yard.  She also has incontinence problems, so her pretty white coat gets stained at times.  I know that I won't have her much longer, but I just keep thinking that I read that some of her breed lives to 16 years.  It's hard to see them age and it's hard to give them up.

I guess that is one reason I adopted Blaise as a rescue from a puppy mill.  I hope that he'll help me get through these last few years I have with my sweet Daisy, whose nickname is "Bear," because when I got her as a puppy, she looked like a white polar bear.

,,,, and now for a little more levity ------->  :razz: :rasp: :drool2: :silly:

But mostly ----->  :grouphug:

songbird
Newbie.

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 01:00:13 AM »

Sweet to hear from you all but it feels as though we need to be picked up.. :think: The subject is very depressing indeed..  :squirm:
lalieb69
Newbie.

comme j'aimerais rencontrer ray !!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 01:42:18 AM »

:wave:

Bienvenue a toi, moi meme je suis nouvelle sur le site, tu verras tout le monde est trés sympa.  :lips:

Welcome has you, to me same I am new on the site, you will see everyone is very sympathetic.  :lips:

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 07:44:06 PM »

I didn't know where to put this, but we've been discussing dogs on this thread, so I thought ya'll would enjoy seeing this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0IZ4R6-Ok" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0IZ4R6-Ok</a>

Nomad
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »

OMG, Brit, that is the cutest thing I've seen in ages!  Thanks for posting that.

:nomad:
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: