Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:46:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: THE TRUTH ABOUT PUNISHER: WAR ZONE  (Read 13948 times)
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »

Don't know if this will help but I sent the contents of one of Nomad's posts to Harry Knowles at the Aintitcoolnews web site which had already posted the planted story.  I think responding to anything on the web which is WRONG is the least we can do.  HE lives in Austin, brit... ball is in your court :)

Thanks, wing.  Good idea, and I will follow through.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Nomad
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »

You're right, Wing, that the only thing we can do is try to correct what we can, where we can.  I sent those posts to aicn yesterday but I don't think anything came of it.  Whether a website that posts such "insider" leaks is a willing whore or not, I would imagine it would be equally hard for them to print an opposing view or, God forbid!...a correction or retraction, neh?

Did you notice the IMDB Punisher: War Zone page today?  The film is now listed at a paltry 87 minutes.  They must already have butchered it.  :cry:

:nomad:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 10:02:09 PM »

I hope the right thing will be done before the film is released.

Ugh. Don't the greedy robber baron types know what happens when they trample on people enough? They shrink their customer base. Look at what has happened to our economy. Take enough money out of the pockets of Mr. & Ms. Average, and Mr. and Ms. Average will spend less money on the products the greedy corporate sharks are selling.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 02:46:41 PM »

Here's more along the same lines, along with a commiseration for our darling Ray.

http://www.sourfizz.com/2008/08/02/sdcc-08-how-to-kill-the-punisher-without-using-bullets/

Folks, if anyone has any ideas about how we can collectively, as a fan base, do anything to help this film be the success it should be, please post here.

I have so much to catch up on this thread! This article was particularly useful and helped greatly – thanks Britmys.

I must admit I was initially perturbed by the news about Lexi's 'move' off PWZ.  My first thought was why on earth would someone lead such a marvellous project – seemingly their 'baby' from conception to birth, only to be told upon delivery that they were really nothing more than a surrogate mother? It’s so unfair and one wonders how it got so far without ‘artistic differences’ emerging earlier? Is it unprecedented in the movie business to have a Director ousted like this at this stage? Alas, I know nothing of the film production industry, which then led to my second thought that I really don’t quite know what a Director is/does. Wikipedia helped here:

“…A film director is responsible for overseeing every creative aspect of a film. They develop a vision for a film, decide how it should look, what tone it should have, and what an audience should gain from the cinematic experience. He/she is in short the storyteller. Film directors are responsible for approving every camera angle, lens effect, lighting, and set design occasionally even taking part in the hiring of key crew members. They coordinate the actors moves, determine camera angles, and may be involved in the writing, financing, and editing of a film. The director works closely with the cast and crew to shape the film and may often take suggestions on pertinent issues. Some like to conduct rigorous rehearsals in preproduction while others do so before each scene. In either case this process is essential as it tells the director as well as other key members of the crew (Director of Photography, Stunt Choreographer, Hair Stylist etc) how the actors are going to play the scene, which enables them to make any necessary adjustments. The Director also plays a key role in post-production. The Director oversees the editing of the scenes with the editor to ensure that the emotions of the scene and the close ups, mid shots and wide shots appropriately reflect who (the character) is driving the scene. The Director also inputs into the (color) grading of the final images adding warmth or frigidity to the composition of the scenes to reflect the emotional subtext of the character or environment. The Director also participates in the sound mix and musical composition of the film…”

After reading this, Lexi’s exit seems to make even less sense! Why rip the heart and soul of a movie out? I support all the calls to bring her back.

My concern is that the late changes will have too much a detrimental effect on the cinematic experience originally visualised by Lexi and of course, built upon by Ray Stevenson and all the other actors involved. I hope that what we are left with won’t be some weird hybrid of a movie that has lost it’s way or been chopped and edited beyond all recognition? After everything I've seen from Ray and Lexi, I don’t want someone elses diluted or distorted interpretation of PWZ and that does, sadly, seem to be a real danger now.

*Sigh* Just my humble opinion. I guess time will tell who's right?  :think:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:38:26 AM by Labiaofthejulii » Logged

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 06:18:47 PM »

I hope the right thing will be done before the film is released.

Ugh. Don't the greedy robber baron types know what happens when they trample on people enough? They shrink their customer base. Look at what has happened to our economy. Take enough money out of the pockets of Mr. & Ms. Average, and Mr. and Ms. Average will spend less money on the products the greedy corporate sharks are selling.

OK....No pundit, me...obviously. I'm more of a punner ;).

Please pardon my bleary economic theory. It's what I believe...but once again I seem to have added 2 + 2 and come up with 4 squared.  :P

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Arsh

Ticking Time Bomb

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »

I wonder how much longer LGF will hold out before all of us Punisher/Lexi/Ray/Good film fans pressure them into letting Lexi have control again.

Molotov cocktails anyone?

After Y2K, the end of the world had become a cliché. But who was I to talk, a brooding underdog avenger alone against an empire of evil out to right a grave injustice. Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »

Another interesting take on this controversy:

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/is-the-punisher-war-zone-controversy-a-load-of-hooey/

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Angelica Constantine

Hen be darned...I am a Rayven. Ray's Rayven!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »

Well, I read it and I am not sure what exactly to believe. I do not think Lexi would do all that. I think she is smart enough to know it will just peeve off fans more by doing a ploy like that...

mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »

Another take on Punisher War Zone and the controversy surrounding it from Cinematical.com   :coffee:

Another PG-13 'Punisher'?! Impossible!

by Elisabeth Rappe Aug 15th 2008 // 10:03AM

Filed under: Action, Lionsgate Films, RumorMonger, Celebrities and Controversy, DIY/Filmmaking, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels
One of the privileges of being an adult is seeing R rated movies. Well, not me -- I was watching them before I was even in kindergarten, and I suspect most of the Cinematical staff was too. But in general, adulthood brings unrestricted viewing access to copious amounts of sex and violence. Of course, that was back before Hollywood decided that R ratings didn't make enough money, and everything vaguely dark should be slashed to allow a 12 year old a ticket.

The latest flick to be marched to the chopping block is the troubled Punisher: War Zone. Latino Review was told by an insider that the latest fight is over cutting it down to a PG-13 rating. I imagine that this is the battle that saw Lexi Alexander canned, and not a disagreement over the film's soundtrack. (It's much easier to sell her as petty and difficult with that story than one over a rating -- but who knows what's true or not at this point.)

Apparently, Lionsgate isn't even listening to their own buzz, since what had everyone talking was the impressive level of violence in the red band trailer. (I've embedded it below since we never got a chance to post it.) They're likely looking at The Dark Knight and how much money its PG-13 rating made and thinking they can copy its success, despite that their protagonist is known for his semi-automatics and bloody tactics, not his "I'll never kill or use guns" ethics.

Do you really want another PG-13 Punisher? I can't imagine you do. I know most of you are pretty lukewarm on the upcoming non-sequel, but if there was one thing that would get you to see it, wouldn't it have been the table leg through the eye? I've been honest about what was drawing me to the film, but if they neuter it, I'm not even sure Ray Stevenson can lure me. It's being released at Christmas, for heaven's sake. How am I supposed to relax from battling Christmas shopping crowds without gratuitous bloodshed? Come on, Lionsgate. Keep the R.

cinematical.com

Mob1 icon
Nomad
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 07:16:52 PM »

That story never rang true to me. I believe THIS guy:

There is a rumor that has started circulating around this little thing called “the internet” that Lionsgate is pushing for the next installment of The Punisher to be rated PG-13. Given all we know of the franchise, this immediately smelled foul. Not being without charms and fully utilizing our ruggedly handsome looks, we tracked down our own source who is, of course, “close to the production.” Their word? *beep*

We could add some words in front of that, like “complete,” “total,” or “utter,” but it throws off the feng-shui of the post, but they would be appropriate. It looks like this originated over at Latino Review, who indicate that they have their own source. Now, I love those Latino Review guys, but I have no idea who they’re talking to. I do, however, definitely know our source and know that I trust them completely. Punisher: War Zone will be Rated R for Rambo-Levels of violence. Which is a good thing, because the kill count of Rambo (another Lionsgate release) was 236 and featured some of the best gore violence in years.

Now, while being Rated-R, the film is still facing a troubled production run, detailed by our Neil Miller at the end of last month. Who knows what else is going on in making the film “presentable,” though it probably has to do mostly with timing. While our source is more than enough for me, for you kids keeping count at home there are a few other things to keep in mind. First, former Marvel Entertainment CEO Avi Arad (and current Marvel producing partner) Avi Arad has always said that The Punisher was one character who would carry the R-Rating at Marvel (the other being Blade). Second, producer Gale Anne Hurd spoke at great length at Comic Con about the film and stressed the level of violence that would be in the film. Lastly, the exclusive footage shown at Comic Con, which was very well received, was definitely from a film that was Rated R, and it was the point they were selling - brutal.

In summation, this PG-13 rumor is total *beep* Punisher: War Zone is still not a ship sailing smoothly, but it will come to theaters with that Rated R stamp all over it on December 5. And just in case you need more evidence of the R-Ratedness, have a look at the clip below, which was launched a few weeks back at Comic-Con.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/punisher-still-to-punish-in-r-ra ted-way.php

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 02:49:30 AM »

That story never rang true to me. I believe THIS guy:

There is a rumor that has started circulating around this little thing called “the internet” that Lionsgate is pushing for the next installment of The Punisher to be rated PG-13. Given all we know of the franchise, this immediately smelled foul. Not being without charms and fully utilizing our ruggedly handsome looks, we tracked down our own source who is, of course, “close to the production.” Their word? *beep*

We could add some words in front of that, like “complete,” “total,” or “utter,” but it throws off the feng-shui of the post, but they would be appropriate. It looks like this originated over at Latino Review, who indicate that they have their own source. Now, I love those Latino Review guys, but I have no idea who they’re talking to. I do, however, definitely know our source and know that I trust them completely. Punisher: War Zone will be Rated R for Rambo-Levels of violence. Which is a good thing, because the kill count of Rambo (another Lionsgate release) was 236 and featured some of the best gore violence in years.

Now, while being Rated-R, the film is still facing a troubled production run, detailed by our Neil Miller at the end of last month. Who knows what else is going on in making the film “presentable,” though it probably has to do mostly with timing. While our source is more than enough for me, for you kids keeping count at home there are a few other things to keep in mind. First, former Marvel Entertainment CEO Avi Arad (and current Marvel producing partner) Avi Arad has always said that The Punisher was one character who would carry the R-Rating at Marvel (the other being Blade). Second, producer Gale Anne Hurd spoke at great length at Comic Con about the film and stressed the level of violence that would be in the film. Lastly, the exclusive footage shown at Comic Con, which was very well received, was definitely from a film that was Rated R, and it was the point they were selling - brutal.

In summation, this PG-13 rumor is total *beep* Punisher: War Zone is still not a ship sailing smoothly, but it will come to theaters with that Rated R stamp all over it on December 5. And just in case you need more evidence of the R-Ratedness, have a look at the clip below, which was launched a few weeks back at Comic-Con.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/punisher-still-to-punish-in-r-ra ted-way.php

SO glad you're on the ball here Nomad! All that darling Ray had said about the levels of violence in the film in his interviews, just didn't seem congruent with all these PG-13 rating reports. And I'm a woman wot likes congruence  ;D

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 08:22:28 AM »

Thanks for the info, Nomad!  :o :) :clap:

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 03:56:22 AM »

Googling again and all reports of Ray Stevenson today are starring: (ta ta ta DAH)  NOMAD!!!!  SHe has bee3n a busy girl sharing Steve Gainer's post:

http://screenrant.com/punisher-war-zone-pg13-rated-r-vic-3445/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Punisher-Will-Be-R-9876.html

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00017701.html

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15438.html

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/updated-the-punisher-war-zone-rating-rumor-squashed-5227

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/08/17/update-so-punisher-war-zone-will-be-rated-r-after-all/

:wingit:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »

Nomad, you should start getting a salary from the agency handling Ray...you are doing a better job at public relations than they are!!!! 

You go girl!!!!!     :dance2: :yahoo: :clap: :dance:

Mob1 icon
Nomad
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »

This is soooo weird!  I'm getting fan mail!  :listit:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: