Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:53:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: City Central  (Read 15247 times)
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« on: June 06, 2006, 11:25:05 AM »

I hope you don't mind a repeat of the City Central Reports I do on the HBO Rome - Ray Stevenson thread, for those who don't get UKTV Drama on cable or Sky! Thought it would be a nice addition as City Central isn't covered here yet!

:drule:

The next exciting instalment of City Central is here!
Episode: Moving On

This starts with the sad occasion of the funeral of a young Police Officer shot on duty. All the staff from Christmas Street Police Station are there at the wake and I nearly fall off my chair....Toony Baynham [our darling Ray SteVenson with clean, stubble-free face and that quiffed poofy hairdo with at least 8 cans of hairspray holding it in place], has brought his ex-wife along. He plans to re-marry her if he can convince her his days as a smoking, drinking womaniser are over. It's looking likely at the moment but methinks his bluurkish tendencies will prevail.

Maggie is fairly pretty [wouldn't have expected Toony to pick a gal with a face like a bag of spanners now]; has long blonde hair [has seen more than a whiff of peroxide if you ask me] and she is a real short-arse [she could pleasure him orally without bending much if you know what I mean! Hmmm, perhaps not THAT short really].

Oh the delightful scene when he's standing with Maggie, very attentive and eager to impress, when no other than DS Jane McCormack comes to pay her respects. He clocks her the moment she enters the room and looks very shifty indeed. He snogged her and tried to shag her but will she give him away? Ray puts on this wonderful nonchalant expression that in a trance flashes pure guilt mixed with rigid fear, then back to complete innocence. He also has a delicious way of pulling his bottom lip up and pressing it against his top one to create a thin, worried looking line that can also disappear as quickly as it came.

But his expressive eyes here are fab...and they are definitely greenish blue BTW. I think Hadria said that? I have paused the recording and studied in great detail and they are bewitching. *phew*

Ahah, Maggie is a canny Geordie girl herself and the 'look' doesn't go un-noticed. Polite introductions follow and Maggie asks Jane in her subtle-as-a-sledgehammer way "Did he make a pass at you? He's hell bent on convincing me he's a new man". Hee hee, Toony looks as innocent as Sylvester the Cat with feathers in his mouth when Granny asks if he's seen Tweetie Pie! Maggie makes it clear the jury is still out on Toony but succumbs to his charms enough to let him ask her if she'll marry him. She hasn't said yes BUT she hasn't said no either!

Next scene has our sexy Toony putting his life on the line with some undercover work. He's pretending he's a villain waiting for a shotgun wielding baddie. He's wearing body armour underneath his shirt *phwoarrr* but you don't notice it on his virile, manly frame. He must be enjoying himself because he's in a bar smoking and drinking [back to his old self!] and is cool as a cucumber on ice in the middle of Alaska. Baddie appears and gets out his big gun. I was wishing Ray would get out his weapon in return *snork*

Baddie is arrested and Toony is the hero of the hour. He takes off his body armour to reveal a sexy white t-shirt with muscles in all the right places. *gulp*.

Maggie accepts his marriage proposal and he picks her up in delight. Better than patting her on the head I guess! They all live happily ever after until the credits play. What will the next episode bring?

WATCH THIS SPACE

:worshippy: More on City Central soon!! Oh I hope the language is suitable...I've checked and there's nothing glaringly naughty!

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »

Thanks Labia!  Not to worry, not everyone found their way here from the HBO boards.  :)

Good to have too, especially since we don't have any CC clips.  :worshippy:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
arieldan1

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 05:07:52 PM »

OKay, I'm offically writing to BBCAmerica and begging them to put City Central on their playlist!!!

And I'm not from the HBO boards (don't read them), so this is all new to me!  Thanks a bunch!!!

:ariel:
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:28:23 AM »

Isnīt this Ray as Tony Baynham (the guy bleeding is played by Paul Nicholls):

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »

I hope the hat isn't worn by any real police officer in England

1) the red dot in the middle just screams "shoot here"

2)  it looks too much like the paper hats the line cooks wore at "Steak 'n  Shake" in the '60's like this:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:33:40 PM by wingit4me » Logged

:wingit:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 10:58:02 AM »

Chicago police wear the same hats, sans the red dot though:  image

I think that's from City Central. I do have several of the eps but I've only had a chance to watch the pilot and part of a second one. What I've seen of it so far, he's in plain clothes (a white turtleneck). But likely there are flashbacks to when he was a beat cop.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:15:28 PM by Lotis » Logged

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »

Hi Lotis,  :wave: 

I even lived in Chicago for about 5 1/2 years... forgot what the hats looked like.  Can't dis the Chicago police, they were very nice to me the time the guy on the El platform tried to kill me.  They had sniffer dogs on the trains for days afterwards checking out people's gym bags (long story, don't know if they caught the guy, but he had a distinctive gym bag).  Two of my fellow techy/nerds I've worked with over the years were former Chicago cops who were injured in the line of duty and swithched careers.   

Tryne

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 05:01:58 PM »

1) the red dot in the middle just screams "shoot here"

:lol:... My God, Wing, you make me laugh again  :hysterical:.. thanks...
  :tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
arieldan1

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 12:12:28 AM »

the time the guy on the El platform tried to kill me.

Holy crap Wing!  That must have been traumatic!  Glad you made it through!

:ariel:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 06:28:37 AM »

Thanks Arieldan.  Traumatic:  very.  Some very alert and strong person grabbed me from behind and pulled me back fast enough to keep me from going under the train.  I was so shook up I never turned around and thanked them, just stood there and screamed.

About the thief, Couldn't give a good description to the police, but I could describe the gym bag full of the stolen purses the guy was carrying because I had noticed it earlier, also noticed his partner spotting me and giving him a signal... thought once I got off the train I was safe, but as it started up (he had hidden in one of those seats at the back end of the train that can be set up as the place for the train driver to sit if the car is outfitted to be the front car) he leaned out of the window, grabbed my purse and my hair and with the momentum of the train rolling , the pull was hard enough it injured my shoulder, my purse went with him, and I lost my balance.  Like I said, someone grabbed me fast enough to keep me off the tracks and all I could do was scream in pain.   Moved away from Chicago soon after that...over 20 years ago... the only thing I miss about the city is the Art Institute Museum.

fuzzybunny

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 06:35:20 AM »

Sorry to hear about that, Wing!  I used to take the L every day, several times a day, for several years.  I don't miss those rides at all. :nailbite2:  Most of those rides were uneventful, but even with the step ups on security, the scum have a tendency to outnumber the cops.

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
Tryne

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 07:15:33 AM »

Poor wing.. come, let me give you a hug  :hugtwo:... glad you're here today.. Hope they found the guys....
 :tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 11:11:29 AM »

Oh, Wing, you just barely mentioned the experience in your first post.  It sounds as if we're lucky you're still here.  I can imagine the trauma you felt.   :pet:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »

Wing -- I'm sorry you had that awful experience and am glad you are OK.

(I could have sworn I posted a response before....dunno what happened. maybe I got confused.)

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 11:26:18 AM »

Wing -- I'm sorry you had that awful experience and am glad you are OK.

(I could have sworn I posted a response before....dunno what happened. maybe I got confused.)

Something weird must be going on in the innards of the net, Cam.  I could swear that I saw your post, too.  :think:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: