Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 11:10:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lionsgate poster auction on ebay  (Read 8796 times)
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« on: August 14, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »

OK so I bought one of the posters signed by Ray and it arrived today.  This was expensive so it meant a lot to me to spend that kind of cash.

SO I open the FEDEX triangular box which is supposed to contain the poster and a "letter of authenticity".

The triangular mailer had not been put together properly and the cardboard flaps at the bottom end were sticking up. The poster was rolled up and just jammed in... not rolled around a cardboard tube first and not covered in plastic or paper to protect it, just dropped into the box.  Gift wrap at the dollar store is better protected than the poster I spent over $340.00 on.  Results... the right edge of the poster is bent up and scratched from damage done by the cardboard flaps.  It kind of looks like if someone beat on it with a stapler that had no staples in it.

On top of that, the "letter of authenticity" accompanying the poster was wadded up into a ball and jammed into the bottom of the triangular mailer.  One of the corners is torn off and it is rumpled beyond repair. 

I contacted the seller, Lionsgate. via ebay mail and received a reply.

"Really sorry about that! We have a shipping company who ships these posters out for us, and I have brought this to their attention. If possible, please take pictures of the poster and where it has been damaged and we will take a look. If the damages are severe, we will send you a new one with no problem!"

I really expected a poster and letter in mint condition and do not find the range between mint and a hair short of severe acceptable.  I think they should replace the poster for any amount of damage not just "severe".  That must be why I am not an employee of Lionsgate, my standards are too high.   I do not have a camera and right now have neither the time nor patience to deal with this, so I just asked them to replace the "letter of authenticity" and I will keep the damaged poster. 

Strikes me this is bad PR for all concerned.  Oh well it is for charity and I have a lovely poster of Ray that I do not want to part with.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:55:02 PM by wingit4me » Logged

:wingit:
Nomad
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:35:42 PM »

My poster is damaged, too.  Bugger.  One edge is all crumpled and there are some small tears.  My letter is okay, but I don't care about the letter.  You can have mine, Wing.

I think some flunky who transported these posters from San Diego to L.A. just shoved them in the back of his car without too much care.  At least he didn't stop at In'n'Out on the way home and get grease and ketchup all over them.

The way Lion's Gate is going these days, I wasn't surprised.

:nomad:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 02:23:20 AM »

OK so I bought one of the posters signed by Ray and it arrived today.  This was expensive so it meant a lot to me to spend that kind of cash.

SO I open the FEDEX triangular box which is supposed to contain the poster and a "letter of authenticity".

The triangular mailer had not been put together properly and the cardboard flaps at the bottom end were sticking up. The poster was rolled up and just jammed in... not rolled around a cardboard tube first and not covered in plastic or paper to protect it, just dropped into the box.  Gift wrap at the dollar store is better protected than the poster I spent over $340.00 on.  Results... the right edge of the poster is bent up and scratched from damage done by the cardboard flaps.  It kind of looks like if someone beat on it with a stapler that had no staples in it.

On top of that, the "letter of authenticity" accompanying the poster was wadded up into a ball and jammed into the bottom of the triangular mailer.  One of the corners is torn off and it is rumpled beyond repair. 

I contacted the seller, Lionsgate. via ebay mail and received a reply.

"Really sorry about that! We have a shipping company who ships these posters out for us, and I have brought this to their attention. If possible, please take pictures of the poster and where it has been damaged and we will take a look. If the damages are severe, we will send you a new one with no problem!"

I really expected a poster and letter in mint condition and do not find the range between mint and a hair short of severe acceptable.  I think they should replace the poster for any amount of damage not just "severe".  That must be why I am not an employee of Lionsgate, my standards are too high.   I do not have a camera and right now have neither the time nor patience to deal with this, so I just asked them to replace the "letter of authenticity" and I will keep the damaged poster. 

Strikes me this is bad PR for all concerned.  Oh well it is for charity and I have a lovely poster of Ray that I do not want to part with.

Awww that's a great shame Wing. I can only imagine that *Labia's sexist comment warning alert* a man must've packaged it! No woman could have the cruel heart to make Ray's darling face crumple so. But glad you enjoy your new possession so much. Well done you!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 02:34:31 AM by Labiaofthejulii » Logged

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 02:29:41 AM »

My poster is damaged, too.  Bugger.  One edge is all crumpled and there are some small tears.  My letter is okay, but I don't care about the letter.  You can have mine, Wing.

I think some flunky who transported these posters from San Diego to L.A. just shoved them in the back of his car without too much care.  At least he didn't stop at In'n'Out on the way home and get grease and ketchup all over them.

The way Lion's Gate is going these days, I wasn't surprised.

Aww YOU too Nomad?! As you say, thankfully no dubious stains on them. Mebbe the dubious stains appear later when you've had a chance to *Labia's lascivious comment warning alert* lie him on your bed and smooth out all his wrinkles?!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 02:35:04 AM by Labiaofthejulii » Logged

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 08:26:21 AM »

:D  I so enjoy your comments, Labia. I'm a bit stressed before leaving for vacay....not feeling very funny myself.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:56:33 PM »

Oh the saga continues:

1. Lions gate ignored my complaints about the damage to the first poster that I purchased from their ebay auctions

2. I purchased one of the posters signed by Ray at the second ebay auction and.. someone at Lions gate packed this one up good and tight, I could barely open it. BUT it was in primo condition YAY.

3. Yesterday the Fedex man delivered a poster mailer to my door and I opened it ... inside was a poster for "The Spirit" that was signed by the cast members (OOO I got to analyze Samuel L Jackson's own signature!!!!!) and my first thought was WOW nice Lionsgate is making up to me for sending a damaged poster.  Then I noticed the address on the mailing label was mine, but the name it was addressed to was someone else, so after some thinking and asking other's for their input on my course of action (thanks ladies) I sent Lionsgate a note via ebay and asked if the poster was sent to me by mistake.

Turns out it was a mistake and Lionsgate wants the poster back.  AND, get this, they want me to just send it and they will reimburse me.

Shall I go into a rant about what morons Lionsgate employees must be and how poor they are at building good relations with the public?  uh.. OK I'll contain myself.

SO after considerable debate.. (that lasted about a minute) I sent Lionsgate a reply as follows:

Dear lionsgatefilms,

I want to send it back to you because I am an honest person and it is not my property. However I do not trust you to reimburse me. If you send a prepaid mailer I will return the poster.

The reason I do not trust Lionsgate is that I paid a high price (well over $300.00) for a poster in one of your charity auctions and the poster was delivered with serious damage. You did NOTHING to reimurse me for that.

So why am I posting this? Just kvetching? NO!!!  I need moral support.

PS next time I start to make a bid on an ebay poster auction stop me. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:27:18 PM by wingit4me » Logged

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 09:42:57 PM »

I support you, wing.

You must be SOME RayVer to pay $300 for a poster which was damaged, and then pay for another poster!

I think Ray is worthy of worship, and I am all for contributing to worthy causes...but I didn't try to buy any posters. Then again, I would be nervous about trying to navigate ebay.

Wing -- Was the 1st poster's damage such that bright red hair and facial hair appeared on Ray's face?  :D

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 09:52:19 PM »

Wing -- Was the 1st poster's damage such that bright red hair and facial hair appeared on Ray's face?  :D

:bead:

LOL.. NO it was just enough to make me turn purple and make ranting posts :)

Nomad
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 10:11:42 PM »

I think you're being too nice, Wing.  Were I you, I would be holding the Spirit poster hostage until you get a pristine Punisher poster, suitably autographed by Ray Stevenson specifically to YOU!  With thanks.  And admiration for your sterling character.  And his promise of eternal love.  And his sworn declaration that he wished he'd met you first so YOU could be the mother of his children.  Yeah!  :rock:

Toduo

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »

I think you're being too nice, Wing.  Were I you, I would be holding the Spirit poster hostage until you get a pristine Punisher poster, suitably autographed by Ray Stevenson specifically to YOU!  With thanks.  And admiration for your sterling character.  And his promise of eternal love.  And his sworn declaration that he wished he'd met you first so YOU could be the mother of his children.  Yeah!  :rock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

:toduo:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »

Oh boy big anti-climax to this story...

Lionsgate sent me another email last week because they no longer knew my name and address, but they still want the poster back, so I actually replied with the truth and VOILA today Fedex delivered a triangular mailer with a tube inside (hell of a lot nicer than they way the packaged the two Punisher posters I purchased) along with a prepaid label... I still have to make a trip to a Fedex store to mail it but that is easy I live within 2 miles of  a Kinko's.  It may have to wait a couple of days till the weather gets better.. I am not going out in snow flurries just to mail it back to them.

And you would think they might have sent me a nice gift as a thank you for being to nice and returning their poster, but no the clods at Lionsgate's PR department  did not manage even that small of a good will gesture.

Excuse me for complaining.... but this has been a pain with no payoff for me.......

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:14:49 PM by wingit4me » Logged

Bella

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 12:03:47 PM »

Wing, it is hard doing the right thing, but somewhere down the road it will pay off. Apparently not with Lionsgate, but somehow. Who knows, maybe Ray will read what happened and send you one on his very own. Wouldn't that be something!!!! :drule:
You did the right thing.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 02:08:50 PM »

Hello Bella,
You live near me so you can appreciate why I am not going out side today :)  I expect to make it over to Kinko's on Harbison in the next couple of days and get the thing mailed off.
Thank you for your thoughts, but after all the things I have done to various pictures of Ray (and his evil twin)  there is probably a residue of bad karma working itself out in this situation, and I would probably be better off not being gifted with anything, except maybe some forgiveness :)

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 04:48:38 PM »

Awww well I think you are intrinsically kind and thoughtful Wing and am proud of you for, as others have said, doing the right thing. It might not feel like it now [and bugger that you have to go to mail it yourself - the cheek!!] but someone, somewhere will thank you for your generous spirit.

Oh and talking of pain with no payoff [but I hope yours will be rectified...], if it cheers you one wee bit, I could tell you the mishaps that have befallen me today  :-\ ALL my own fault and in front of some very, very important people *Labia uses both hands to put her foot in it...*  ::)

Firstly in a very important meeting I am Chairing, I am spouting forth on some Papers and spot what is actually a very ordinary spelling error. It was the name of a person and it should have read 'Pritchard' but instead it said 'Pilchard'. For some reason it tickled my funny bone enormously and I got the most awful giggles and was unable to speak for five minutes. Then, later in the same meeting, where I am trying to redeem myself by appearing seriously professional and businesslike, we are discussing various Committees *yawn* in our Organisation and referring to them by acronyms. A new Group was to be convened and [I can't tell you what it stands for as I'd give too much away] but the name spelled NEPL and before my brain would engage with my mouth I said out loud "oooh think of the nipple meeting" and was met by stunned silence followed by sniggering, including a guffaw from a very senior person who is normally as starchy as a clerics collar. *Sigh*

How will I live it down?  :shutup:

So Wing... what do you reckon I did in a previous life to deserve such bad karma?!  :truce:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »

So Wing... what do you reckon I did in a previous life to deserve such bad karma?!  :truce:

....duh gee Lab, I reckon maybe you were Siegmund Freud's appointment secretary and thus developed a special sense of timing......and you wrote things down for him on little slips.........
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:21:17 AM by wingit4me » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: