Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:20:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No Manīs Land  (Read 9177 times)
AemiliaCamilla

« on: August 19, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »

I found this on Wikipedia:

"In 2002 Stevenson also starred in a short film "No Man's Land" which was the graduation movie of actor/director Edward Hicks from the London Film School. In the 12.5 minute film, set during the First World War, Stevenson played an experienced Private who is force to help a novice Officer, (David Birkin), back to safety after both find themselves trapped and isolated in No Man's Land during the battle of Ypres."

Has anyone ever heard of this???

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »

"In 2002 Stevenson also starred in a short film "No Man's Land" which was the graduation movie of actor/director Edward Hicks from the London Film School. In the 12.5 minute film, set during the First World War, Stevenson played an experienced Private who is force to help a novice Officer, (David Birkin), back to safety after both find themselves trapped and isolated in No Man's Land during the battle of Ypres."

Ooh yes AemiliaCamilla!

I've never seen it but certainly heard of it!

I have a piccie somewhere... *rummages*

Oh heck how do I copy a picture here?? I'm clicking on insert image and nothing is being inserted [ain't that the story of my life].

Oh dear. it's such a nice piccie too. Ray has the floppilydoppiest of hair with a side parting just above his left ear.

Damn I need to investigate how to insert a picture. Sorry. Be back later  ;D

*Wanders off thinking of Ray's experienced Privates and regretting those glasses of chardonnay*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Nomad
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 12:44:29 PM »

Oh that's VERY interesting!  I don't see No Man's Land on the CV of Edward Rawle-Hicks (who I think must be the same guy coz he was in The Dwelling Place with Ray in 1994) on IMDB, but somebody NEEDS to find that film!

Oof!  A new quest!  Isn't this exciting???

:nomad:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »

I think I've seen that pic somewhere... was that one of TP's examples of Ray "wearing a dead beaver on his head"

:wingit:
Toduo

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 02:42:38 PM »

If it were Hick's graduation short from the London Film School, then chances are you will not be able to obtain a copy. :worry-rose:

:toduo:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »

If it were Hick's graduation short from the London Film School, then chances are you will not be able to obtain a copy. :worry-rose:

I don't know, Toduo.  Nomad is pretty diligent in her research efforts for all things Ray.  :ray:  I'm betting on our girl Nomad.   :cool2:

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »

I think I've seen that pic somewhere... was that one of TP's examples of Ray "wearing a dead beaver on his head"

I thought the pics in the gallery.  Must have been in the original gallery, I'll dig through my files.

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:21 AM »

Ooh yes AemiliaCamilla!

I've never seen it but certainly heard of it!

I have a piccie somewhere... *rummages*

Oh heck how do I copy a picture here?? I'm clicking on insert image and nothing is being inserted [ain't that the story of my life].

Oh dear. it's such a nice piccie too. Ray has the floppilydoppiest of hair with a side parting just above his left ear.

Damn I need to investigate how to insert a picture. Sorry. Be back later  ;D

*Wanders off thinking of Ray's experienced Privates and regretting those glasses of chardonnay*

OK! Finally worked out how to do it! Apologies for the delay.

Here's the No Man's Land piccie to enjoy:

Hmmm. He'd be welcome in my trench anytime. Even with that floppilydoppiest of hairdo's  :drool:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »

Nice, Labia...thanks....now that you have worked it out, can you tell me.....I think I need to put it on photobucket first or something, is that what you did?

Enquring  mind here needs to know.. PLZ

Mob1 icon
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 12:58:06 AM »

Thanks for the pic Labia...since it is extremely unlikely anyone will ever get so see this short, pictures will have to do. Wonder what pics Lotis can find in her archives...?

mob: yes putting pictures on photobucket first is what I do when I want to post something here. Then copy the appropriate code and paste.

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 01:53:52 PM »

Thanks for the pic Labia...since it is extremely unlikely anyone will ever get so see this short, pictures will have to do. Wonder what pics Lotis can find in her archives...?

mob: yes putting pictures on photobucket first is what I do when I want to post something here. Then copy the appropriate code and paste.

Hi AC and MOB!

Yup! Photobucketed my pics and then just copied and pasted the link in. It was so easy peasy even I didn't have any trouble, once I knew what I was doing. The HELP pages are very good indeed  ;D

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Nomad
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 01:33:23 AM »

Seeing this thread just reminded me.  Quite some time ago, I sent a letter to Edward Hicks via his agent asking about this film.  He never even responded!   I hope Ray's OTHER friends are not so aloof!   :rasp:

Edited to say that at number 106,723 on IMDb's star meter, Edward should be grateful anybody writes to him at all, for ANY reason. 

Ray, :crush: by the way, is now number 59!  And PWZ is number 20 on the Movie Meter!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:16:42 AM by Nomad » Logged
Nomad
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 02:32:16 AM »

This is actually a photo of Ray's audition to play Bill Compton on True Blood.  I guess they didn't think Ray looked as good in graveyard mud as did Stephen Moyer.   :razz: :whistle:

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 02:46:54 AM »

That or Ray refused to do the scene starkers!  ;D

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Nomad
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 07:45:04 PM »

I wrote Mr Rawle-Hicks via his agent quite some time ago (over a bleedin' year!) about No Man's Land starring his mate, Ray Stevenson. He couldn't be arsed to respond, apparently. Quel domage! 

So, has anybody recently heard of the elusive Mr. Edward Rawles-Hicks? Does he still breathe? Is he still in the film business? Enquiring minds want to know!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: