Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 10:16:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Murphy's Law - "Kiss & Tell"  (Read 16533 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: June 07, 2006, 02:43:53 PM »

Murphy's Law - "Kiss & Tell"
(or, as it's better known around here, the source of the sauna pics.)  ;)

DROOL FACTOR:   :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:  (4 out of possible 5)

Story takes place largely in a high-class fitness center, thus obviously minimal garb and, of course, the sauna. Occasional suit too 8).  
(I thought some of you would want to know this first. LOL :neen: )

Murphy's Law is a crime series. It's a bit formulaic in that it's another tale of the lone cop with a troubled past who takes the dangerous cases no one else wants. However James Nesbitt, who plays Det. Sgt. Tommy Murphy, is quite likeable and he's good with the one-liners. (Of course, not available on BBC-America, sorry!) Murphy's troubled history is that he's from Belfast and his marriage fell apart after his young daugher was killed during a bombing. He hits rock bottom and gets transferred to London where he teams up with his new boss on undercover assignments, Det. Insp. Annie Guthrie.

"Kiss & Tell" centers on a series of murders in which all the victims are wealthy businessmen who were poisoned. The murderer is meticulous and leaves no evidence other than traces of the poison found in wine glasses. The only other common factor is that the men all belonged to the same posh fitness center. Murphy and Guthrie catch a break when a single blonde hair is discovered at the most recent crime scene. Murphy goes undercover at the gym, posing as a successful financial planner. He quickly finds out why the facility is so popular - execs not only network there, they use it as a discreet place to hook-up for flings. Murphy's work is cut out for him as there's no shortage of blondes.

Ray plays Robert Eaglan, a hot finance exec. He's charming, engaging and popular around the gym (gee, what a surprise!). He's also a dog of a cheating husband so disinterested in his family that he doesn't even know how old his daughter is (she's 9).  Most recently he's been hot and heavy with one of the many blondes but has lost interest in her and now ignores her at every turn - even when she's standing right in front of him!! Such a heel!!  Unfortunately for Robert, she's totally obsessed with him and his rejection has sent her around the bend. She's in stalker mode, frequently calling his house but not speaking and parking outside his house for hours at a time. Creeepy!  :o Good thing the Eaglans don't own a pet rabbit.  :P

She becomes a prime suspect and Murphy sets up a sting operation when she suddenly turns her attention to him and they arrange to meet at a hotel. She shows up and is nervous as hell, as is he since he's the bait. She's irratic and he thinks it's because she's preparing to kill him. But it turns out that she's nervous because she doesn't want to sleep with him. She only made the date because he's been hanging out with Robert and she thought this might make Robert jealous (it doesn't). So she bolts, in complete emotional shambles. Murphy goes after her to make sure she doesn't do anything crazy (!!!!) and reminds her to think twice since she would be hurting Robert's wife and child too. The case is now back at square one and she's headed back to park across from Robert's home for few hours.

On to another suspect, another blonde who's an anomaly around the health club. Unlike other members, she hasn't been keen on hooking up, though Murphy has seen her in the company of Robert and another member he's become friendly with. Instead, she really is there to network. She moves to the top of Murphy's list when the other fellow is found murdered. All along Murphy has suspected the killings have been sex related, but Murphy knows a secret about the latest victim. He wasn't sleeping around, not only because he thought it low but because he was gay. He was at the gym because he could network and had told Murphy he was gone as as soon as a huge deal he was working on went through.

Since there isn't a woman's phone number that Eaglan doesn't have, Murphy asks him if he has hers (of course he does!). Robert asks Murphy if he's hoping to hook-up with her and informs him that he's meeting her that evening, but that Murphy shouldn't worry as he's not sleeping with her. They're meeting to finalise a huge deal that will make him very wealthy, then goes on to explain that she's the best when it comes to tax evasion and laundering. *BUSTED!* Murphy tells Robert he's really a cop and hauls him in for questioning.

Robert is grilled and, along with other information the police have been compiling, Murphy and Guthrie figure out that she's killing the men for their money. After she makes them a lot, they show up for a final scheme with thousands of dollars in cash in hand and are told the scheme will result in a profit of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Once the men hand over the money, she poisons them and leaves with their untraceable cash. Robert is to be her next victim.

Things swiftly go from bad to worse for Robert. Murphy and Guthrie prepare him as bait and they all head over to a flat that he keeps and where he's suppose to make the transaction. Meanwhile his gilted girlfriend has hit critical mass and has decided to confront his wife. She tells her everything and leaves the missus to have her own emotional break down. Mrs. Eaglan calls Robert at the flat. He's a wreck himself and brushes her off.  This only fuels her condition and she grabs a gun from their gun cabinet and heads over to the apartment. YIKES!!!  :popcorn:

The blonde shows up and Robert is freaking out. Murphy and Guthrie are hiding in a room where they can watch through a partially closed door. Robert has to pass the money to her, then leave her alone long enough for them to observe her poisoning his wine glass. Once he returns and she hands him the drink, they can jump out and arrest her. But Robert's a wreck and doesn't want to go through with it. He dashes into the room where they're hiding and refuses to go back into the living room. Meanwhile, his wife shows up and lets herself in and is set off by the sight of the other woman. She starts screaming for Robert, who's still in the back room with Murphy & Guthrie. No one knows what to do. He tells them that's his wife's voice and they tell him he has to get rid of her.  Robert runs back into the living room but in his panic slams the door shut, now Murphy & Guthrie can't see what's going on.

Robert and his wife begin to argue, she's raging and he attempts to explain that it's sooo NOT what she thinks. She doesn't believe him and pulls out the gun. Robert  pleads with her to put the gun down but she only becomes increasingly hysterical. Meanwhile the blonde has one eye on them and one on the exit. Murphy and Guthrie hear the wife has a gun and that the argument is rapidly escalating out of control. They decide they must blow the operation. Guthrie radios the officers positioned outside the building that there's a fire arm on the premises and that they're to close in.

Murphy & Guthrie rush out just as Eaglan's wife is about to shoot. Murphy knocks Robert out of the line of fire while Guthrie tackles Mrs. Eaglan. While all are engaged, the blonde grabs the cash and makes to escape but is caught in the stairwell by the other officers rushing up. Both women are handcuffed and all set off for the precinct.

Comments:  I really liked Ray in this because he's annoying. LOL Annoying in that when he's charming, he's make-you-lose-your-senses charming and when he's being a cheating dog, you can't really blame a gal for wanting to kill him. :D  But then he turns on the charm again and makes you forget just how much of a rat bastard he is. You do end up feeling for him at the end despite it all. One could only hope having 2 women try to kill him at the same time would scare Eaglan enough to clean up his act.

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:21:03 AM »

Where are these sauna pics?????

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 10:09:43 AM »

In the photo section, of course!  :photo:

Look under Roles -> Robert Eaglan  ;)

arieldan1

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »

Lotis -- thank you so much, I love your recaps of episodes featuring Ray that I have not seen.

I actually did see this ep, but only the part where Murphy and the first suspect are in the hotel room together -- if I had known Ray was in it, I would have made a point to tape the whole episode (especially the sauna pics)!!!!

Looks like I'll be requesting BBCAmerica re-run Murphy's law (at least season 1)!

:ariel:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 06:06:56 PM »

Thanks for the recap! I need to ask BBCAMerica to run it, too!

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 05:59:55 AM »

Found them. I tell you the Rome photo of Ray's eyes is so dreamy.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:01:52 AM by Halloweenqueen » Logged

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 10:01:06 AM »

You're welcome, gang!  :party:

It's too bad this isn't IRL, people could bring copies of whatever they have and we could have movie nights!  (sing like Dire Straits) "I .. want...my... Ray.. TV..."
 :popcorn:  :3drnk:

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:36:58 PM »

Bumping this up since the clips have now been added to the video gallery (including the scene that the popular sauna pics are from).  ;)

It was fun watching this episode again. Ray plays the cad very well. LOL

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »

According to the schedule on BBC-America's website, the "Kiss & Tell" ep will be shown on July 2nd at 8pm & 11pm.  :squirm:

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 05:18:46 PM »

Found them.  I tell you the Rome photo of Ray's eyes is so dreamy. 

Just found this again.  This is the picture I have on my computer in tile formation.  Woohoo!  Lots of little Rays all across my screen!  :neen: :ray:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 07:01:59 PM »

Hi Britmys  :wave:

If you make it through the number slider game this is the picture that shows up when you win.  It was a little weird to slice it up into 36 pieces, but well worth it.

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »

Hi Britmys  :wave:

If you make it through the number slider game this is the picture that shows up when you win.  It was a little weird to slice it up into 36 pieces, but well worth it.

Isn't this just THE best picture?  He has a little stubble; his hair is just starting to grow out and looks so sexy around his forehead; his hazel eyes are so soulful, and don't you just love the way he crinkles his forehead?  (No botox for our boy, and man, isn't it so much more sexy  :drool2:)

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Tryne

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 08:04:45 AM »

Yeah Britmys.. I agree with you completely ... I like my man looking scruffy  :cool2:
 :tryne:

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 08:09:39 PM »

If you have BBC-America, the "Kiss & Tell" episode has just started.

Enjoy!  :popcorn:

fuzzybunny

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 08:24:09 PM »

Dang it! :frown:

I forgot to tape it. :duh:

I'm going to have to wait until it re-runs, again.  Fortunately, I've seen the multimedia section here, so I have a fix.  Thank you, Lotis. :worshippy:

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: