Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:38:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: New PWZ article? Post it HERE!  (Read 68737 times)
Nomad
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »

Woo hoo!  Things are heating up as we come into the stretch!  This billboard is on Lincoln Boulevard in Marina del Rey...I mean, Marina del RAY.

OOF! 

:nomad:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 09:46:40 PM by Nomad » Logged
Nomad
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 01:38:27 PM »

And FINALLY some of those internet typing-heads are getting the message!  This from JoBlo.com:

To be honest, at first I could care less about PUNISHER: WAR ZONE and I thought it was going to be a straight to DVD release. Now the flick's poster is in theaters across the country, it's got a mess of drama behind it's production, and it's actually looking pretty damn good. Go figure.

Needless to say I'm actually set to give WAR ZONE a chance. And this is coming from a guy who's been against this movie from the beginning solely for the lack of Tom Jane. But it's sold me on the trailers and early buzz; I'm game. Today we've got a couple new stills from the flick as well as a new TV spot over in our videos section. Just click through on the stills for bigger shots or click through on the vid below to check it out. The stills obviously center on WAR ZONE baddy Jigsaw.

Dare I say Ray Stevenson might actually surpass Tom Jane as a pretty badass Frank Castle? Man... Jane's going to show up at my door and punch me in the face now, but it had to be said. The movie picks up long after Castle has picked up the title of The Punisher and now faces his most deadly foe yet in Jigsaw. Stevenson steps up as Castle while Dominic West will play Jigsaw. The film also stars Cas Anvar, Julie Benz, Tony Calabretta, Doug Hutchison, Larry Day, and Wayne 'Newman' Knight. Just a few more weeks until we all finally find out if WAR ZONE is actually as good as it's looking; December 5 everywhere.

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=14505

Woo hoo!!!!   :rock: :dance2: :yahoo:

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »

ooh, nice! Thanks, Nomad!

hehee. Is that a pigeon sitting on the billboard, over on the left? *imagines Ray's image turning the gun upward to shoot if the bird appears ready to sh**.

Nice enough pic, I guess. I think they could have found a hotter pic of Ray.

*ducks* *legs it* Just sayin'.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Nomad
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 08:04:03 PM »

hehee. Is that a pigeon sitting on the billboard, over on the left? *imagines Ray's image turning the gun upward to shoot if the bird appears ready to sh**.

Well, ummm...I don't think the studio is marketing to US, Cam, so the pic they chose is the one most likely to appeal to, erm...THEM.  :cool2:

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 04:25:41 AM »

Well, ummm...I don't think the studio is marketing to US, Cam, so the pic they chose is the one most likely to appeal to, erm...THEM.  :cool2:

hahaha. Good point, Nomad. That pic looks rather like the depiction of Frank Castle I saw from the Marvel Spotlight thing (whatever that is) I saw in that recent news item.

3 weeks from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :drule:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Nomad
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 09:13:35 AM »

Another enlightened Comic site weighs in.  Let's show him there are enough true Punisher fans out there to make this film a success!  And enough Ray Stevenson fans!   :dance: :rock:

Am I the only one excited for this movie? I saw another trailer last night during Smallville (OMG, what an episode by the way!), and to me it looks like the movie they should have made in the first place. Or the first two times.

This is the movie that the true Punisher fans have been waiting for. It has Jigsaw, it has Microchip, and best of all, it it full of gratuitous violence. Seems like with all the bad-vibes-rumors surrounding the post-production of the movie, most people have already written it off. Okay, admittedly Jigsaw is no Dark Knight Joker, and he may look a little cheesy, but that’s part of the fun, isn’t it?

Too bad the movie will most likely flop. Sure, they seem to have finally made a movie for the life-long Punisher fans, but are there enough “real” Punisher fans out there to justify a box office success?

http://flippedcomics.com/?p=178

Nomad
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 12:28:15 PM »

Here are a couple of new things...clips to the heavy metal songs so many of us are going to LOVE!  :lol:  Well, you MIGHT love them!  :dance: :rock:

Warning:  lots of violence here, but that's The Punisher for you!

http://hardrockhideout.wordpress.com/2008/11/14/new-punisher-war-zone- video-clips/

The clips took a long time to load...at least on my computer they did, and that's unusual!

Nomad
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »

Oooh!  Oooh!  Oooh!  Lookee here!  TV ad with message from RAY :crush: that he recorded at Comic-Con!

When I tried to post the Youtube video here, I got the "no longer available" message.  I dunno why, but it's there!  No matter.  Here's a better link:

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=2247268001

Budiansky:  "You're nothing but a killer, Castle."

Frank: "I'm okay with that." 

Indeed!   :dance:

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:55:57 AM by Nomad » Logged
Nomad
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 09:29:59 AM »

PodCast with Lexi Alexander!  I'm just about to listen to this.  I hear it's 40 minutes long.  Woo Hoo!

http://www.keramcast.com/keramcast-episode-nine/

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 09:39:21 AM »

Woo hoo!  Things are heating up as we come into the stretch!  This billboard is on Lincoln Boulevard in Marina del Rey...I mean, Marina del RAY.

OOF! 

Heating up?! Stretch?! Have you been looking at my undies Nomad?!? Oof espesh after looking at this photo!

I so LOVE seeing this billboard. Although Ray's face seems to have been toyed with a wee bit [and wouldn't I just lurve the opportunity to do that meself!]... his beard looks... too uniform and his eyes look... can't articulate it... almost dehumanised. That annoys me as his eyes are amazingly expressive and a huge part of his character portrayal. They are the main redeeming feature of Frank Castle's violent persona as The Punisher. You can almost touch the pain behind his eyes and look beyond his vengeful stare to reach into his despairing soul. This man needs a bloody big hug once he's blown away the baddies!

Wow - just struck me what a wonderful buzz Ray must get seeing this billboard. I am so looking forward to seeing the film and I firmly believe PWZ will be a turning point in Ray's career and bring him wider success and lead to even bigger and even better things. Ooof! And of course the more we see of him the even better too. And I ain't just talking about his hot bod!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:41:39 AM by Labiaofthejulii » Logged

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Nomad
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »

A VERY highly placed insider has directed me to the corner of Barham and Cahuenga Boulevards (about half a mile from Universal Studios) where I may view the LARGEST PWZ billboard in the city.  I shall do that today and report back.  :dance:  With pics!

:cheers:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 10:18:30 AM »

:cheer2: WOO HOO Nomad you go girl!!! 

:wingit:
Nomad
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 01:29:23 PM »

I believe these are new.  At least I hadn't seen them until today. 

Enjoy!
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »

PodCast with Lexi Alexander!  I'm just about to listen to this.  I hear it's 40 minutes long.  Woo Hoo!

http://www.keramcast.com/keramcast-episode-nine/

40 minutes? hmm...later, maybe. Thanks for all the head's-ups, Nomad!!!

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »

Here's a blog entry by someone who has not been in the loop about all the drama surrounding the casting of Ray as The Punisher.  I like what he has to say about our Ray.

Dubious Maxims - http://dubious-maxims.blogspot.com/

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: