Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:34:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Woman's Guide to Adultery  (Read 6651 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: June 09, 2006, 05:51:32 PM »

A Woman's Guide to Adultery

DROOL FACTOR:  :drool: :drool: + 1/2  (2-1/2 drool points out of a possible 5).
Ray is in it briefly among a group of reporters, sporting a David Cassidy hairstyle ("I think I luuuv youuuu!").

Note: I've upped the drool factor from the original 1/2. I had let the quality of the movie influence the score and it shouldn't. He's working that Cassidy 'do :rock: and would've likely scored higher if he'd had a bigger part.

Ok, there's no easing into this, so I'll just say it: This movie blew chunks. No really, it's bad, and I don't mean the so-bad-it's-good kind of bad. It's bad, as in it should be called "A Woman's Guide to Unadulterated Crap."  The upside is that Ray is not in it much (never thought I'd say that!); and that I have no complaint with his performance, so I don't feel guilty about not liking it.

What I knew beforehand was that it's about a group of girlfriends dealing with being "the other woman" in their affairs and that Sean Bean (Boromir of The Lord of the Rings movies) and Ray are in it. It's not hard to guess what I was envisioning. None of it came to pass, though there are some lovely artsy shots of Bean's bum (Sean was one of the cheating men, Ray played a journalist).

I first realised how bad this was going to be when I saw that Theresa Russell was the lead. I've yet to like any of her films and, for reasons I can't quite pinpoint, she is like nails on a chalkboard to me. So the opening credits were an ill omen. (If you don't know who she is, she's a doyen of direct-to-video movies, many of which feature her as the femme fatale, and in all of which (that I've seen) she provides a horrid performance.) Though to be fair, I would not have liked this movie much more had she not been in it.

The main reasons this is a bad movie is that, simply, none of the characters were interesting or dimensional and the affairs were dull and passionless. You don't develop feelings about the women or their lives and so you don't care how their problems sort out. It was a chore to sit through, 2-1/2 hours of *YAWN*.  :P

ANY ROAD ... what you need to know is that this isn't a "Ray movie". One of the women is running for Parliment. He appears briefly near the end among a group of journalists at her press conference and pulls this skeleton out of her closet.

If you're in need of a Ray-fix, this won't do it for you. If you're a big enough Bean fan, it MIGHT be worth watching. He teaches photography at a college and is the married man with whom Russell (his student) is having an affair. Lots of shag scenes, romantic strolls through Paris and her inevitable plot to hurt him when he chooses his wife over her.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:12:37 PM by Lotis » Logged

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 08:12:46 PM »

Thanks for the warning.  I've tried to reach out and find his movies.

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 09:15:28 PM »

Thanks for the warning.  I've tried to reach out and find his movies.

If you reach out and find this movie ... put it back!!  :P 

:neen:  :lol:

Nomad
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:06:23 PM »

Indeed.  I scrolled through this film VERY fast, looking for Ray...never saw him, and I simply can't bear to actually watch the entire thing, hoping for a glimpse.

Anybody know exaxctly which scenes he's in?
fuzzybunny

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 05:27:58 AM »

Nomad, go to the multimedia section.  Lotis put up what is probably the only scene of him in that movie.  It's a blink and you missed it kind of thing.

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 06:57:12 AM »

:lol: David Cassidy hair

Thanks for the warning... saw the clip in the multimedia section, knowing to skip the rest is a good thing.

:wingit:
Nomad
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 10:25:42 AM »

Nomad, go to the multimedia section.  Lotis put up what is probably the only scene of him in that movie.  It's a blink and you missed it kind of thing.

Thanks, fuzzy!  :wave:  Got it!
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »

Yes, that's the only part he's in. No need to rent G:MT either just to see Ray, as he appears briefly at the beginning. (That's not in the multimedia section though, I couldn't get it to copy properly.)

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 01:50:43 PM »

I've just had the heads up that Ray is on UK TV in 'A Woman's Guide to Adultery' as follows:

True Movies 2 May 4th, 1:00pm and on True Movies 2 May 4th, 3:00pm. I take it that means it's repeated immediately after? Ahh. It's so good they show it twice eh :giggly:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
redshift

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »

Thanks Labia, I thought I'd give a go, but I've just read up... :(

:redshift:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: