Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 06:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Comic Store Visit Nov. 23 2008  (Read 24040 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »

If Ray's shirt is supposed to say "this is not a scary person" it seems to have worked.  Doubt that a fashion statement was important at the time and place.

I must disagree, Wing. I can't imagine anyone wearing a shirt like that and it not being a statement. Even if that statement is along the lines of ''I got dressed in the dark this morning''.

:redshift:

The fabric of any pun about Ray's shirt would be awfully thin. So I'll take it easy so as not to sound like a knit-wit.

Still, the design seems ... sew ... crewel. Heck, I'll say it -  it's sheer madness!
Like weave seam the results of black & white tie-dye, hung to dry with clothes puns.

I know, I know, I can't help myself. But I'm sure you all saw the pattern forming before now. The floral caused a serge of punning inspiration, and yet the jokes are threadbare - I'm 'frayed I just can't help myself! But I wool make myself come to a 'pleat stop ... for now.

Don't blame me, blame Ray -- he wore the shirt.  :D

:lotis:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Nomad
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 01:02:32 PM »

OMG, Lotis, there is NO way to top that!  :worshippy:

:nomad:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 01:15:41 PM »

If Ray's shirt is supposed to say "this is not a scary person" it seems to have worked.  Doubt that a fashion statement was important at the time and place.

Ray was formerly an interior designer. He surely picked the shirt to blend in with the decor.

... uh by that logic this would be Ray's wardrobe....

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:47:29 PM by wingit4me » Logged

:wingit:
Nomad
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 01:25:25 PM »

Brilliant, Wing!  The key to Ray's wardrobe certainly IS adaptability!  :lol: :lol:

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »

The caption for this pic should be "RAYon .... on what, I don't know".

Oh yes, the thread of the puns resuming still looms.

:lotis:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:28:25 PM by Lotis » Logged

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »

:hysterical:

awwww.... Maybe the shirt was a gift. And Ray is showing his appreciation.

Ray! If you just went shirtless, it would solve any problem. ..Just a suggestion....

:cool2: :idea: :cocky:  :squirm:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »

I bet he picked that shirt cause San Francisco was the origin of the flower child and flower power..very astute of him, me thinks!!  I get it, being an old flower child myself..he he   

*wanders of singing* "If you're going to San Francisco, Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"  or on one's shirts if the hair is too short......

YAY Ray....flower power, brother!!  *hands Ray a flower*  :worry-rose: 

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:59:43 PM by mob1 » Logged

Mob1 icon
MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:40 PM »

GREETINGS to my old pals from the ROME Board!!  Terrific to see you guys!!!  Yes.  It is I, MammariaPendulosa and that's no lie - they're almost down to my knees these days.  Like Carol Burnett playing "Norma Desmond".   :drule:

First, remember the Commandments!  Like "Thou shalt not post private emails without permission, lest thy naughty bits shrivel and fall off."  Say 3 Hail Marys.  Go my child and sin no more...

Yes.  I met you-know-who on Sunday   :cheer2:  Never before have I stood in a line to meet anyone.  Not the done thing where I come from.  Which is why I left where I come from.

I thought I was impervious to the charm of actors, but -  wrong again.  He is a beautifully spoken gentlemen - witty as well as funny, brilliant, sweet and I can't believe how good he is about his fans.  He gets my 2009 Joan Crawford Award.  Last year Johnny Depp received it.  It's only in my head, but it's true that Joan Crawford happily worked very hard to make her fans happy.  Give it up for RS, the new winner.   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

It's the voice that got me big time.  And hearing English spoken CORRECTLY.  Holy merde.  He should insure it with Lloyd's, like Marlene Dietrich's legs.  And for a hell of a lot more money.  YES!  Iwould pay money to hear him read the fooking phone book.

Stand aside everyone!  I take large steps.  - Miles Gloriosus (A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum)
Nomad
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 11:51:42 PM »

Hey, MP3!  Welcome, girlfriend!   :cheer:  Somebody over on IMDb directed me here:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=117045443&albumId=2277524

...where there are a ton of pics of Ray with fans at that comic book store, but no YOU!  Were you camera shy?    Or had your knees given way and you were in a puddle on the floor? :faint:

MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 11:55:39 PM »

testing, testing, will this post - let's see.

Stand aside everyone!  I take large steps.  - Miles Gloriosus (A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum)
MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 11:57:41 PM »

testing again..

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 04:40:30 AM »

GREETINGS to my old pals from the ROME Board!!  Terrific to see you guys!!!  Yes.  It is I, MammariaPendulosa and that's no lie - they're almost down to my knees these days.  Like Carol Burnett playing "Norma Desmond".   :drule:

First, remember the Commandments!  Like "Thou shalt not post private emails without permission, lest thy naughty bits shrivel and fall off."  Say 3 Hail Marys.  Go my child and sin no more...

Yes.  I met you-know-who on Sunday   :cheer2:  Never before have I stood in a line to meet anyone.  Not the done thing where I come from.  Which is why I left where I come from.

I thought I was impervious to the charm of actors, but -  wrong again.  He is a beautifully spoken gentlemen - witty as well as funny, brilliant, sweet and I can't believe how good he is about his fans.  He gets my 2009 Joan Crawford Award.  Last year Johnny Depp received it.  It's only in my head, but it's true that Joan Crawford happily worked very hard to make her fans happy.  Give it up for RS, the new winner.   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

It's the voice that got me big time.  And hearing English spoken CORRECTLY.  Holy merde.  He should insure it with Lloyd's, like Marlene Dietrich's legs.  And for a hell of a lot more money.  YES!  Iwould pay money to hear him read the fooking phone book.

Hey, MP3! Nice to see you here.

Oof! I would pay for a recording of that, too. :yes:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 04:42:22 AM »

Hey, MP3!  Welcome, girlfriend!   :cheer:  Somebody over on IMDb directed me here:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=117045443&albumId=2277524

...where there are a ton of pics of Ray with fans at that comic book store, but no YOU!  Were you camera shy?    Or had your knees given way and you were in a puddle on the floor? :faint:

Whoa! Almost like I'd been there. Almost... :P

:bead:

Toduo

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 04:18:19 PM »

DITTO to Redshift and Nomad's comments :lol: :lol:

:toduo:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »

Hey MP....*waves*   :welcome:  I see you made it!!!  :cheer:

btw...Nomad..Mp is in those pics on Myspace on page 3, top 3 pics are her with Ray.

Have you seen them MP?  *hugs* You look lovely!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:11:35 PM by mob1 » Logged

Mob1 icon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: