Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:23:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Comic Store Visit Nov. 23 2008  (Read 24031 times)
Nomad
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 11:47:00 PM »

Hey MP....*waves*   :welcome:  I see you made it!!!  :cheer:

btw...Nomad..Mp is in those pics on Myspace on page 3, top 3 pics are her with Ray.

Have you seen them MP?  *hugs* You look lovely!!!!!

I see!  I see!  Only they're on page 4, for me!

:nomad:
MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 12:16:33 AM »

Hello All - been having trouble posting, I haven't been ignoring you lot.  Seriously, it is wonderful to be back talking about ROME.   :dance2:  I just regret that when I met Ray, I didn't know that one of his hugest fans, Nadira in NYC, had emailed me to be sure and give him her love.  But I didn't see it in time.   :frusty:

Nomad, you asked if I was in a puddle on the floor after meeting Him.  Actually, I made a puddle on the floor.  I only hope the poor man went off to a nice dinner.  Although it's impossible to find good bangers and mash in this town.

I do wish I'd had a few hours of talk with him.  He's worked with incredible actors like Joan Plowright.  But as an undying Vivien Leigh fan, I still tend to think of her as the woman who stole Olivier from Viv.  (which isn't strictly true)  

I told him I wrote about film, theatre and television for the American National Biography, but there was no time to explain that The ANB only covers people in various fields who have shuffled off this mortal coil.   :yahoo:  You know - pushing up the daisies, ceased to be and gone to meet their Maker.  Fallen off their perch.  Where's labia???  She'd know the whole Monty Python dead parrot sketch!!  (This is an ex-parrot!"

See some of you over the weekend?  I'll let out my Ray story slowly and in drips.  Installments.  Like Dickens.  

Stand aside everyone!  I take large steps.  - Miles Gloriosus (A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum)
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 09:05:53 AM »

Oooh. MP3, you little Dickens.

*awaiting the next installment and making a puddle*  :drool2: :popcorn:  :squirm:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 06:13:44 PM »

Nomad!  MOB!  Cam!  Hi fellas!!!  Thank you for the warm welcome   :cheers:   :cheers:
   :wave:   :wave:   :wave:

Thanks MOB.  I found the pics of Ray and me (!) at the scene of the crime.  The camera - any camera - does not love me.  :drule:   But more to the point - I think Ray looks better in person than in any picture.  And he was made [/0i] for the camera.    :clap:  The Comic Store pics don't do him justice, says I.   

In person, those eyes will kill you.   :devilish:  You won't have a chance.  You should only meet him if you have a prescription from your physician.   :ray:  And don't say I didn't warn you.   :devilish:   

Stand aside everyone!  I take large steps.  - Miles Gloriosus (A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum)
MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »

Oooh. MP3, you little Dickens.

*awaiting the next installment and making a puddle*  :drool2: :popcorn:  :squirm:

:think:   :think:   :think:  Nope.  I can't top that.   :cheers:   :cheers:

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 06:51:06 AM »

:funny: I love your signature line, MP!

I guess I have figured out which one you are in those pics, going by what mob and nomad said. As every other hen does, you are being harsh on yourself.

Wow. Looked like you & Ray were having quite the meeting. *sigh* If you are done regaling us with your story, I guess we have to accept that.

But I'm looking forward to hearing about hearing about the PWZ premier & Ray's next comic book store appearance in Burbank.  :squirm:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »

I'm in the depths of misery [otherwise called a busy life] and haven't been able to spend hardly any time online for days and days *weeps*.

I'm here at work [awaiting slapped wrists or a spanked bottom] looking at RS.com when I'm supposed to be working on yet another meaningless er, I mean meaningful Report....

Anyway, in the few moments I have, here goes.....

Darling Ray: I wish you a fantastic Premier for later today. I think this is your first Premier in the starring role so enjoy every moment of your special day. *Labia's ample bosoms heave with pride at Ray* All that hard work, professionalism and dedication - you deserve it! Have a blast and savour every moment with your family and all those who love and adore and watch your work with avid [and moist] interest. I look forward to drooling over the piccies!

Nomad: WOW! You'll be there!!! Have a fantastic time there and tell us EVERY detail. And I mean EVERY!!!

Ooof! Ray has been living in Spain! *Thinks Ray*  *Thinks Spanish Oranges*  *Smiles broadly*

Oooh!!! MP3! *Waves frantically at Andrea* Welcome and how fantastic you too have now met the Gorgeous One! Hope to catch up with you soon!!!

All RayVers: *Waves madly* Hi and miss you all. Hope to catch you in chat very soon!

Labia xxx

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »

>>>Darling Ray: I wish you a fantastic Premier for later today. I think this is your first Premier in the starring role so enjoy every moment of your special day.<<<

:wave: at Labia! Hope things are less miserable for you, soon! :worry-rose:

Good point about Ray's first premiere for a feature-film starring role (I believe so, too.)! He appeared as the co-star of Rome, as Titus Pullo of course, at an HBO premiere for Season One of that cable TV series. My avatar here was created (Thanks again, wingit4me!) from a photo taken at that premiere. :crush:

Have a great time, Ray! And may your wonderful talent and insight and hard work and dedication be rewarded! :worshippy: :cheers: :bw: :swoon:

MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 01:51:06 PM »

It's tough being a techno-idiot.   :frown:  I wanted to reply to you, dear Cam  :lips:  and my long lost lovely Labia   :cheer2:  but where do you clicky to reply to a particular post?  I'm just plain baffled. :frusty:   :frusty:

If you love my sig line, Cam, you'll love the rest of that show.  Thanks for your kind remark about being too harsh on ourselves!  The piccies of me and Himself are piccies # 61 to # 63!!!!!!!

I REALLY can't wait for TOMORROW.   :cheer2:   :cheer2:   :cheer2:  I wonder how Ray feels today.  I know tomorrow will be FAB!   :cheer:    :cheers:   :cool2:

I too wish Him  :worshippy:  and his family  :clap:  the absolute best now and always.   :yahoo:   :yahoo: 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:09:30 PM by MammariaPendulosa » Logged

MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM »

Labia!  SweetieDarling!  I was lamenting your absence in a recent post and here you are!   :yahoo:   :cheer2:  I needed to consult with you about the Dead Parrot Sketch.  (and must talk privately about film "The Queen".)

Wherever we'll be Friday, from Mighty California to Merry England, we'll all be together in spirit(s)   :2drink:  cheering Ray on   :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:    :clap:   :clap:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:  Will be in touch soon!   :cool2:   :cool2:  The Board ATE my earlier post to you!

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2008, 07:34:36 AM »

It's tough being a techno-idiot.   :frown:  I wanted to reply to you, dear Cam  :lips:  and my long lost lovely Labia   :cheer2:  but where do you clicky to reply to a particular post?  I'm just plain baffled. :frusty:   :frusty:

If you love my sig line, Cam, you'll love the rest of that show.  Thanks for your kind remark about being too harsh on ourselves!  The piccies of me and Himself are piccies # 61 to # 63!!!!!!!

I REALLY can't wait for TOMORROW.   :cheer2:   :cheer2:   :cheer2:  I wonder how Ray feels today.  I know tomorrow will be FAB!   :cheer:    :cheers:   :cool2:

I too wish Him  :worshippy:  and his family  :clap:  the absolute best now and always.   :yahoo:   :yahoo: 

MP --  :snog: I loved 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum'. I saw the movie years ago. Miles Gloriosus was a bit like Mark Antony and Titus Pullo in the not-lacking-in-confidence department and being a big brute. :D Zero Mostel! Jack Gilford! Phil Silvers! Michael Hordern! Buster Keaton! Michael Crawford! etc.... And I saw the musical on Broadway. That song "Lovely" (I think that was the name of it.) was the 1st one I ever sang to my dog. And I frequently find myself singing "Everybody Ought to Have a Maid" ... especially as I am doing work around the house. :D

iblauralee

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »

Loved the pics from him at the SF comic book store.  I wondered about that shirt too. I should have tried harder to go and see him.  Oh well.  Will have to admire him from afar!!   :crush: :lips: :crush:
MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »

Endless apologies for not posting sooner - I DID try 4 times last week, but I lost them all.  I got so frustrated I sulked for a while but now - hopefully - this will post.

Cam, Labia, Nomad, MOB, Newbie, etc.  As soon as I figure out how to pm , I will.  And I have to get to know posters who aren't primarily ROME fans.   :2drink:

I am truly, madly, deeply envious of you , Cam.  You saw the original .....Forum on Broadway.  I've been listening to that version lately.  But the movie I've had memorized since I was 11.  I only bring this up because the first thing I said to Ray at the Comic Book store was, "When you got out of the car, I thought of Miles Glorious and "Stand aside, everyone.  I take large steps."  Cant' you see  :devilish:  RAY AS MILES GLORIOSUS??!!   :devilish:  I can - bigtime!   :dance2:   :dance2:

My bride, my bride
I've come to claim my bride
Come tenderly to crush her against my side!
Let haste be made, I cannot be delayed,
There are towns to conquer, cities to loot, and peoples to degrade.

My bride, my bride
Come bring my lucky bride
My lust for her no longer can be denied
Convey the news!  I have no time to lose,
There are lands to conquer, temples to sack,
And women to abuse.

There are shrines I should be sacking!
Ribs I should be cracking!
Eyes to gouge and booty to divide -

Bring me my bride!

(apologies to my personal god Stephen Sondheim if I screwed up any lyrics)  And yes, Cam, the cast of the film was incredible.  And look at young, can't even sing yet Michael Crawford and then think of him carrying off Phantom of the Opera !   :clap:   :cheer2:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:50:28 PM by MammariaPendulosa » Logged

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2008, 06:03:32 PM »

Endless apologies for not posting sooner - I DID try 4 times last week, but I lost them all.  I got so frustrated I sulked for a while but now - hopefully - this will post.

Cam, Labia, Nomad, MOB, Newbie, etc.  As soon as I figure out how to pm , I will.  And I have to get to know posters who aren't primarily ROME fans.   :2drink:

I am truly, madly, deeply envious of you , Cam.  You saw the original .....Forum on Broadway.  I've been listening to that version lately.  But the movie I've had memorized since I was 11.  I only bring this up because the first thing I said to Ray at the Comic Book store was, "When you got out of the car, I thought of Miles Glorious and "Stand aside, everyone.  I take large steps."  Cant' you see  :devilish:  RAY AS MILES GLORIOSUS??!!   :devilish:  I can - bigtime!   :dance2:   :dance2:

My bride, my bride
I've come to claim my bride
Come tenderly to crush her against my side!
Let haste be made, I cannot be delayed,
There are towns to conquer, cities to loot, and peoples to degrade.

My bride, my bride
Come bring my lucky bride
My lust for her no longer can be denied
Convey the news!  I have no time to lose,
There are lands to conquer, temples to sack,
And women to abuse.

There are shrines I should be sacking!
Ribs I should be cracking!
Eyes to gouge and booty to divide -

Bring me my bride!

(apologies to my personal god Stephen Sondheim if I screwed up any lyrics)  And yes, Cam, the cast of the film was incredible.  And look at young, can't even sing yet Michael Crawford and then think of him carrying off Phantom of the Opera !   :clap:   :cheer2:

Aww. You can take back your envy, MP! I did NOT see the original Broadway production, but the revival several years ago starring Nathan Lane.

While Nathan Lane is a fine entertainer, I always think a live Zero Mostel must have been electric, at least at times. He looked like he had such a capacity for madness or devilment! :wicked:  :devilish:

hehee. I can see Ray carrying off that role, but I love that you said that to him about Miles Gloriosus. Wonder if he got it? I think Ray might not want to get typecast as a plundering, proud Roman warrior who thinks he's Jupiter's gift to women. :D

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:08:54 PM by Camamar » Logged

MammariaPendulosa
Newbie.

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »

Aloha Cam!

I would have killed to see Nathan Lane too in ...Forum.  I knew when I left NYC in 1979 for SF that that was the end of Broadway shows   :frusty:  except the occasional touring company.  It was a huge sacrifice but honest to God, folks, the weather here is irresistable!   :yahoo:   

I think you're right.  There's NO ONE like Zero.  He was also known as quite the prankster onstage, during a performance.  During Fiddler... one night as Tevye, the rest of the cast got together   :idea:   and retaliated by nailing his milkpails to the floor.   :2drink:

Of course you're right. Ray doesn't need to be typed or made to play Narcissus all over the place!  How awful for an actor.   :frusty:  Did he get it when I mentioned Miles Gloriosus?  Not 100% sure.  Do you know if he's into musicals at all?

HAPPY HOLIDAY, Hun!!  And to all!  And don't let the Holidaze get to you!  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:16:47 PM by MammariaPendulosa » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: