Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 02:11:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: James Purefoy  (Read 39405 times)
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 10:52:51 AM »

I read about this film-in-the-making a few months ago.  If I recall the look and feel of the movie "Van Helsing" owes a lot to the Solomon Kane grphics and character.

:wingit:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/James-Purefoy-Talks/800035246

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:09 AM »

Oooooh James Purefoy as The Saint.  Count me in.

Also looking forward to seeing him as Solomon Kane!

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 08:27:57 PM »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37550

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »

Let's hope this one pans out for him.  It would be nice to see him in a good series, and this one sounds interesting.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Nomad
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »

I'm bummed about The Saint not going forward.  I LOVE that character.

:nomad:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 10:22:46 AM »

Ye Olde Ironclad In The Works
06 February 2009 | Hollywood Reporter

Action thriller Ironclad is shaping up to be a proper medieval free-for-all, with news that sword-and-sandal veteran James Purefoy has joined the ContentFilm project.

Set in England after the signing of the Magna Carta, Ironclad tells story of a determined group of Knights Templars who defend Rochester Castle from the devious King John. The Templars - a kind of medieval A-Team charged with protecting pilgrims throughout Europe - will be led by Purefoy, who mobilises the group against Paul Giamatti's King John.

Purefoy, of course, knows his way around a suit of armour, having played Mark Anthony in the BBC miniseries Rome and The Black Prince in A Knight's Tale. He joins Robert Carlyle, Bob Hoskins, William Moseley, Pete Postlethwaite and Lord Richard Attenborough, who's eschewing the sword-wielding to play Archbishop Langton.

It's certainly an interesting sounding cast, if a little short on damsels (there are rumours of Megan Fox signing up), and the crew talent is impressive too. Fresh from flipping trucks in The Dark Knight, Richard Ryan will coordinate stunts, with T2 cinematographer Adam Greenberg also on board.

Filming starts this summer, with cinema release scheduled for Christmas.

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Nomad
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 12:55:17 PM »

Here's the first pice from Ironclad...OOF!

:cheers:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 03:01:16 PM »

Great pic Nomad.

I saw James in George and the Dragon on TV over Christmas - very enjoyable and he was PureJoy as usual  ;D

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »

Here's the first pice from Ironclad...OOF!

:cheers:

Wow. That's a long sword.

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
redshift

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2010, 09:17:23 AM »

Just seen a t.v. advert for Solomon Kane. Looks good. From what I could see from a mere 15 seconds of clips,which isn't much. There's an explosion. :hmm:

:redshift:
Toduo

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2010, 08:12:02 AM »

Just seen a t.v. advert for Solomon Kane. Looks good. From what I could see from a mere 15 seconds of clips,which isn't much. There's an explosion. :hmm:

I too saw a couple of ads re this film and I must say Mr Purefoy is devilishly handsome in it. Good luck to him, I hope the film goes well.

:toduo:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »

I too saw a couple of ads re this film and I must say Mr Purefoy is devilishly handsome in it. Good luck to him, I hope the film goes well.
Haven't seen the adverts but I am rather curious to see this one, as well as Percy Jackson (wee Kevin McKidd). Isn't Poseidon the greek version of Triton?  I seem to recall a Titus Pullo line regarding Triton. *cough* Oh dear, the image I've just put in my head... 

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »

Haven't seen the adverts but I am rather curious to see this one, as well as Percy Jackson (wee Kevin McKidd). Isn't Poseidon the greek version of Triton?  I seem to recall a Titus Pullo line regarding Triton. *cough* Oh dear, the image I've just put in my head... 

Ditto Titus..I think you are right about Triton.

I am wondering how they were able to drag Kevie from the arms of Christina on Greay's Anatomy long enough to make a movie..they sure get "passionate" around there..passionate enough to get "grill burns" on her bum from their hot and heavy sex scene on a metal staircase..left me all a twitter.. :shocking:

Mob1 icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2010, 11:30:25 PM »

Ditto Titus..I think you are right about Triton.

I am wondering how they were able to drag Kevie from the arms of Christina on Greay's Anatomy long enough to make a movie..they sure get "passionate" around there..passionate enough to get "grill burns" on her bum from their hot and heavy sex scene on a metal staircase..left me all a twitter.. :shocking:
Then who is Neptune?   :-\

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: