Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:25:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Box office stats  (Read 24439 times)
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« on: December 06, 2008, 04:57:15 PM »

You can check this web page anytime to get the US box office rankings for the day before:

http://www.the-numbers.com/charts/today.php

For Friday Dec 5 Punisher:War Zone ranked 6th, which was higher than any other movie that was new  on the same day.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:37:33 PM by wingit4me » Logged

:wingit:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:30:14 PM »

Thanks, wing!

Dunno that I would use that info any other time.  :think:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:18:48 AM »

It looks like the tradition of the Vince Vaughn annual Christmas movie is about to be set in stone, as the big man's second effort in two years, Four Christmases, holds on to the top spot at the US box office for a second week with $18.2million. The best any of the new releases could manage was a very disappointing eighth place from Punisher: War Zone, with $4 million dollars making it the worst opening ever for a Marvel film: yes, worse than Howard the Duck.

according to Empire (UK film magazine)

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Nomad
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 12:54:11 PM »

Yes.  $1600 per screen is disappointing.  Yet, this weekend after Thanksgiving is traditionally a "dead zone" so I guess moving the opening wasn't such a brilliant idea after all.  Films that had already been playing to strong audiences dropped an average of 41% this weekend as America, apparently, went Christmas shopping and NOT to the movies.

But...I haven't yet heard the fat lady sing, so perhaps it's ultimately not going to be so disappointing.

One of my birdies told me that the DVD edition was completed two weeks ago.  I'm VERY sure that DVD sales will be strong.

Ever hopeful and confident,
:nomad:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »

*Sigh*

I've taken to recording E-News and E-Top Ten in my desperation for up to date PWZ news [and we see it a day after US!]. In between hearing all about the life-vitals of Britney's weight, Paris's dog's dresses and who's hand Lindsey's butch girlfriend is holding, there was a wee bit about box office takings.

PWZ apparently made a disappointing $4.5 million it's first weekend, compared with other new releases. But they declined to say the other releases were Christmas family fodder that every child would drag it's parents along to see for just something easy and fun to watch [that wouldn't stimulate the intellect of a squirrel's nuts]. Oh I love a good thought-unprovoking family movie me; but PWZ is targeted at a very select and age restricted audience.

I think $4.5 million is fab! And it's only early days too. Once the word starts spreading that it's a great movie of its genre, those longer term box office ratings should tell the real story.

Ever the optimist and ever the RayVer,

Labia x

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »

MOnday Dec 8 stats are in and
PWZ is up to 6th place from 8th.  Lab has an excellent point, movies ranked 1 - 5 are all either PG or PG-13.

:wingit:
Toduo

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 04:32:46 PM »

*Sigh*

I've taken to recording E-News and E-Top Ten in my desperation for up to date PWZ news [and we see it a day after US!]. In between hearing all about the life-vitals of Britney's weight, Paris's dog's dresses and who's hand Lindsey's butch girlfriend is holding, there was a wee bit about box office takings.

PWZ apparently made a disappointing $4.5 million it's first weekend, compared with other new releases. But they declined to say the other releases were Christmas family fodder that every child would drag it's parents along to see for just something easy and fun to watch [that wouldn't stimulate the intellect of a squirrel's nuts]. Oh I love a good thought-unprovoking family movie me; but PWZ is targeted at a very select and age restricted audience.

I think $4.5 million is fab! And it's only early days too. Once the word starts spreading that it's a great movie of its genre, those longer term box office ratings should tell the real story.

Labia x
$4.5 million is far from fab, Labia, but its nice to be optimistic!  :lol: :cheers:

:toduo:
Nomad
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 07:22:57 PM »

*Sigh*

Labia x
$4.5 million is far from fab, Labia, but its nice to be optimistic!  :lol: :cheers:

It's only about It's only about $1700 per screen.  I'm using the number I think is closest to correct, $4.3 million divided by 2500 screens.  Not good.  Twice that would not be sterling, but would be just okay.

mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 10:04:29 PM »

Oh dear.......  :dget:

I am so glad he got that Book of Eli role before this info came it...don't know if it matters much, but just in case.   :think:

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 12:04:04 AM »

It looks like the tradition of the Vince Vaughn annual Christmas movie is about to be set in stone, as the big man's second effort in two years, Four Christmases, holds on to the top spot at the US box office for a second week with $18.2million. The best any of the new releases could manage was a very disappointing eighth place from Punisher: War Zone, with $4 million dollars making it the worst opening ever for a Marvel film: yes, worse than Howard the Duck.

according to Empire (UK film magazine)
:shocking: Ouch. Ah well. We all know who reads Empire.  That's right -- NAZIS!!!!!11eleventy

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 06:36:10 AM »

:lol:

Thanks TitusPullo...this certainly made my day!

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
frank
Newbie.

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 08:30:15 PM »

The numbers are terrible, but I'm hoping it can at least pull in another $4-5 million this weekend.  If it could just stabilize at the box office, that would go a long way towards getting us a sequel.

And it will be a shame if we don't get any, because this guy is a fantastic Punisher.  If this film had been released back in 2004, I suspect it would've been a much bigger hit than the Thomas Jane version proved to be.  Jane did a great job, but Ray is the Frank Castle I read as a kid.

"This is just the beginning"?

I certainly hope so.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:32:04 PM by frank » Logged
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 09:33:18 PM »

The numbers are terrible, but I'm hoping it can at least pull in another $4-5 million this weekend.  If it could just stabilize at the box office, that would go a long way towards getting us a sequel.

And it will be a shame if we don't get any, because this guy is a fantastic Punisher.  If this film had been released back in 2004, I suspect it would've been a much bigger hit than the Thomas Jane version proved to be.  Jane did a great job, but Ray is the Frank Castle I read as a kid.

I certainly hope so.

I hope for the best as well. Ray did a great job, as I knew he would.

Welcome, frank!  :wave:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Nomad
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 09:37:01 PM »

I certainly hope so.

Hello, Frank! :lips:  So seldom we get gentlemen posting here.  Welcome, welcome, welcome.  :clap:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 12:05:04 AM by Nomad » Logged
frank
Newbie.

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 11:22:57 PM »

Thanks for the welcome everyone.   :)

Even if the box office doesn't improve, I hope Ray is aware that he did the character justice and the fans proud.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: