Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 12:05:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: More talk of a Rome movie  (Read 20980 times)
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 05:29:41 PM »

Another new article:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/04/hbo-rome-movie/

Exclusive: HBO series 'Rome' may finally be headed to the big screen
by Lynette Rice
Categories: Movie Biz, News, TV Biz

Fans of HBOs critically-beloved (but short-lived) series Rome may not have seen the last of Vorenus and Pullo. Multiple sources have confirmed to EW that a big-screen sequel to the sword-and-sandals series is well underway. Rome creator/executive Bruno Heller who went on to create CBSs hit The Mentalist has finished a script for Morning Light Productions, which financed the development and will produce the film. Series stars Kevin McKidd (Lucius Vorenus) and Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo) will likely sign onto the movie, which picks up in Germany four years after the series ended. The next step for Morning Light is to find a director and a studio, since HBO Films wont be involved.

Rome the series aired from 2005-07 and took place during Ancient Rome, beginning with Caesars invasion of Gaul and continuing with the rise of the first Emperor Augustus. The series centered on soldiers Pullo and Vorenus, who appeared to die at the end of the series.

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »

Thanks, wing!  Crushing roaches as I type  :rock:.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Nomad
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 07:00:03 PM »

Woo hoo!  You beat me, Wing.  :lol:

:nomad:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 01:35:47 AM »

Another new article:

by Lynette Rice

Fans of HBOs critically-beloved (but short-lived) series Rome may not have seen the last of Vorenus and Pullo. Multiple sources have confirmed to EW that a big-screen sequel to the sword-and-sandals series is well underway. Rome creator/executive Bruno Heller who went on to create CBSs hit The Mentalist has finished a script for Morning Light Productions, which financed the development and will produce the film. Series stars Kevin McKidd (Lucius Vorenus) and Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo) will likely sign onto the movie, which picks up in Germany four years after the series ended. The next step for Morning Light is to find a director and a studio, since HBO Films wont be involved.

Rome the series aired from 2005-07 and took place during Ancient Rome, beginning with Caesars invasion of Gaul and continuing with the rise of the first Emperor Augustus. The series centered on soldiers Pullo and Vorenus, who appeared to die at the end of the series.

:clap:   :yahoo:   :clap:   :yahoo:   :clap:   :yahoo:

Splendid. Splendid.

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 06:31:41 AM »

Another new article:

by Lynette Rice

woohoo!!! Thank you, wing! :clap:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
AemiliaCamilla

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 06:40:55 AM »

Yesss!!! Sounds promising! I will make a good offering to Janus...<extensive roach crushing>... :pullo2:

But yet the sky is still above us and the earth is still below. Strange.

:ac:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 12:36:01 PM »

Thanks, wing!  Crushing roaches as I type  :rock:.

Hi Brit  :wave:

I'm intrigued... what are you crushing the roaches with if your hands are typing?!  :D

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 05:39:52 PM »

I pictured her doing a flamenco dance while typing.. roach crushing incidental of course :)

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 05:42:17 PM »

Lots of articles about the Rome movie, but they mostly either quote the Entertainment Weekly article or a prior interview.. tried to weed out some of the repetition..

http://us.hadnews.com/tag/bruno-heller

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/television-news/2010/03/05/kevin-mckidd-i-can-t-wait-to-revisit-characters-for-big-screen-version-of-rome-86908-22087960/

http://www.dvdreview.co.uk/page/dvdreview/20100306

http://www.pr-inside.com/mckidd-ready-for-more-rome-r1758630.htm

http://chud.com/articles/articles/22840/1/ROME-SCRIPT-WASN039T-WRITTEN-IN-A-DAY/Page1.html

http://movie-cafe.org/news-heller-finishes-rome-film-script/

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 07:29:05 PM »

I pictured her doing a flamenco dance while typing.. roach crushing incidental of course :)

:lol:  What she said  :neen:.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »

Oh lordy. That just made me remember a very OLD television commercial for an insecticide, in which a flamenco dancer was dancing her arse off, then a voiceover called out: STOP! tHAT'S NO WAY TO KILL ROACHES!  :neen: And at about the same time, there was a slang term commonly in usage for shoes with a very pointy toe: Roachkillers.  :roach:   I knew it referred to going after a roach in a corner... having killed many a roach in my childhood and youth, before we moved out of the inner city. :P How many can say they have memories of waking up and turning their shoes and boots upside down and hitting them against the floor to roust any roaches (or mice!  :nailbite2: ) which might have crawled inside overnight. ...Or how many can say they remember turning on a light in a room at night -- or just after waking up --and hesitating before going into the room, just because she wanted to wait for some of the roaches to run and hide :hide: :eek: so she wouldn't have to look at them. :sick:  OK... I'm done with this topic.  :P

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:49:30 PM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »

Oh lordy. That just made me remember a very OLD television commercial for an insecticide, in which a flamenco dancer was dancing her arse off, then a voiceover called out: STOP! tHAT'S NO WAY TO KILL ROACHES!  :neen: And at about the same time, there was a slang term commonly in usage for shoes with a very pointy toe: Roachkillers.  :roach:   I knew it referred to going after a roach in a corner... having killed many a roach in my childhood and youth, before we moved out of the inner city. :P How many can say they have memories of waking up and turning their shoes and boots upside down and hitting them against the floor to roust any roaches (or mice!  :nailbite2: ) which might have crawled inside overnight. ...Or how many can say they remember turning on a light in a room at night -- or just after waking up --and hesitating before going into the room, just because she wanted to wait for some of the roaches to run and hide :hide: :eek: so she wouldn't have to look at them. :sick:  OK... I'm done with this topic.  :P

In parts of Texas, Cam, polite society refers to our 2-3" long roaches as "water bugs".  They are especially nasty and I can remember getting up to go to the restroom at night in college and having one slither across my naked toes.  EEEKKKK and YUCK!!!!  But living in Texas and the country outside of Austin, I can most remember shaking out my shoes to make sure no scorpions lurked therein.  Give me a roach any day!

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 06:32:36 AM »

In parts of Texas, Cam, polite society refers to our 2-3" long roaches as "water bugs".  They are especially nasty and I can remember getting up to go to the restroom at night in college and having one slither across my naked toes.  EEEKKKK and YUCK!!!!  But living in Texas and the country outside of Austin, I can most remember shaking out my shoes to make sure no scorpions lurked therein.  Give me a roach any day!

Ugggghh! I am TERRIFIED of most insects. Roaches in particular. Yet perversely I don't mind wasps or bees or grass-hoppers or butterflies. And I like all reptiles - give me a ten foot python or a toad or iguana and I'm fine. Even a rat or mouse to contend with and I'm fine.

I know a behavioural psychotherapist who swears he can cure me of my arachnophobia but I don't think I'll take him up on the offer. I can think of better things to do with my time than learn to love our eight-legged fiends er, friends. Nope. I do mean fiends  ;D

*Cough* And this is all to do with the Rome movie because...? Oh yes. Crushin' roaches a la Pullo.

Roaches! *Shudders*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 03:16:36 AM »

Oh lordy. That just made me remember a very OLD television commercial for an insecticide, in which a flamenco dancer was dancing her arse off, then a voiceover called out: STOP! tHAT'S NO WAY TO KILL ROACHES!  :neen:
I never saw that advert but I would love to see it re-done today.

*flamenco dancer does roach dance*
[ANNOUNCER:] "Stop! That's no way to kill roaches!"
*Cut to Ray Stevenson as the Punisher hoisting a bazooka onto his shoulder*
*fires*
*BLAMMMMMMMM*
[ANNOUNCER:] "Now THAT is how you kill roaches!"
*Flamenco dancer staggers out of rubble giving him a two finger salute*
[JINGLE:] "Ring this chap, he'll blast the vermin out your dross-hole, deedly dee whee"
*Ray jumps in air winking with thumbs up gesture, freezes that way*

I know, I know.  *drinks more*

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 03:33:33 AM »

Yesss!!! Sounds promising! I will make a good offering to Janus...<extensive roach crushing>... :pullo2:

*eyes upturned*
To ye gods I do offer this humble creature that Rome: The Movie may become a reality...
Oh, and this roach too. *smoosh*

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: