Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:14:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Release date moved to January 2010  (Read 3230 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: April 02, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »

CIRQUE DU FREAK and DAYBREAKERS jump into January
Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:42 PM Michael Gingold News - Film News

And the release-date shuffle continues… Two more genre features originally scheduled for this summer/fall have now vacated their slots, and been dropped into what is shaping up to be a very horror-crowded early 2010.

CIRQUE DU FREAK has moved from an initially mooted August debut to January 15. And Lionsgate’s DAYBREAKERS, the follow-up feature from UNDEAD’s Spierig Brothers set in a world where vampires rule, recently shifted from September 11 to Jan. 8.

Given the former’s youthful protagonist and the latter’s bloodsucker themes, these switches put pressure on Overture’s LET THE RIGHT ONE IN remake, also currently slated for Jan. 15; Screen Gems’ religious chiller LEGION follows on the 22nd and the Joss Whedon fright film THE CABIN IN THE WOODS is set to arrive February 5. Stay tuned as more scheduling shakeouts are sure to follow.

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Mozina

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »

CIRQUE DU FREAK and DAYBREAKERS jump into January
Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:42 PM Michael Gingold News - Film News

And the release-date shuffle continues… Two more genre features originally scheduled for this summer/fall have now vacated their slots, and been dropped into what is shaping up to be a very horror-crowded early 2010.

CIRQUE DU FREAK has moved from an initially mooted August debut to January 15.

January?? Well that bites! Just the other day I saw on several sites that it was going to be released in October, now we have to wait until next year?   :frown: I wonder why they keep changing the release date.
iblauralee

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :frusty:    :rant:  A vampire movie is perfect for the fall season.  People want to go and see those types of movies then.  Plus, it will be more than 1 year since we've seen Ray on the big screen.   :frown:   :curse:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:34 PM »

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :frusty:    :rant:  A vampire movie is perfect for the fall season.  People want to go and see those types of movies then.  Plus, it will be more than 1 year since we've seen Ray on the big screen.   :frown:   :curse:

Maybe it's just the state of the film industry that's affecting this delay?!

I dunno much about it really but it's my only guess. I might ask TitusPullo. He's an actor too and might have some insight into it?

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam TP icon

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Mozina

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 05:46:34 PM »

I was over at Darren Shan's message board and here's what he had to say today about the January release date:

Juicy January???

Some of you might have read on the internet (e.g. on the Fangoria or Shock Till You Drop sites) that according to a Universal representative, the Cirque Du Freak movie is now not scheduled to be released in the USA until January 15th, 2010. I know this will be disappointing for many of you if it's true (and I must stress that it still isn't 100% confirmed -- that date could very easily change again), as I know you're all as eager as I am to see it. But these sorts of delays happen all the time in the movie business. In fact, they sometimes happen with books too -- my first book, Cirque Du Freak, was originally meant to be released in the UK in autumn 1998, but didn't actually come out until January 2000!!!! We just have to be patient and wait.

Of course, as I said above, the date isn't set in stone, so it's possible the movie might be released earlier in the States, but at the moment that's looking unlikely. As for when it will be released in other countries -- I don't know. There has been no word from Universal about this yet. It might well be that they release it in other territories before they release it in America. As soon as I find out any more news, I'll post it here ASAP!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: