Ray Stevenson Community
February 23, 2018, 11:04:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: The Irishman  (Read 60794 times)
Toduo

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »

Ray seems to have quite a few projects on the go at the moment and I am now getting confused (not difficult to confuse me!). Am I right in saying the Tribes of October is shooting at present (having commenced 19 May) and that the next production to shoot will be The Irishman? There was mention of another project (not the one written by Ben Pullen, mentioned recently). Can you put me in the picture? Thanks.

:toduo:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »

ooooh, and let's not forget "Rome" the movie, and, Bruno, let's not forget Kevin McKidd who must return as Vorenus, just wouldn't be the same without him  :2drunks: 

You could always make this a Roman time travel movie where our hero's go back in time and save Caesar and make it ull up from there..kinda a Journeyman meet's Rome, eh? Then we could have all the old characters back.. :cheer2:

Mob1 icon
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »

The Irishman is currently in production. They're filming at Tiger Stadium tonight.

Tribes of October and Slaughter's Road are in pre-production. Both intend to start production sometime in the summer.

:lotis:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 10:31:00 PM »

Tiger Stadium's last glory: bit part in film
Ursula Watson / The Detroit News
Friday, June 5, 2009

As if taking a final bow, Tiger Stadium was transformed Thursday by a crew for the movie "The Irishman," which has been filming for the last few weeks around Metro Detroit. Banners bearing the name "Cleveland" were hung from the light posts along the Michigan Avenue entrance, and concession stands were stocked with popcorn and T-shirts. Extras decked out in classic '70s garb were waiting for filming to begin later that evening.

"The Irishman" is the story of Danny Greene, a 1970s Cleveland mobster. Irish actor Ray Stevenson, who played Titus Pullo in the HBO series "Rome," stars as Greene. Co-starring in the film are Val Kilmer, Christopher Walken, Vincent D'Onofrio and Paul Sorvino.

Bart Rosenblatt, the film's producer, said they wanted to use some kind of iconic landmark in the city, even though the film is set in Cleveland, reports the Associated Press. The script originally called for the scene to be shot at a boxing arena.

"It has a great look," said Rosenblatt of Tiger Stadium. The former home of the Detroit Tigers has sat empty since the team moved to Comerica Park in 2000.

Though final demolition of the stadium could begin as soon as Monday when the wrecking ball takes down what is left, the filming will bring a bit of revenue to the city.

"They rented the use of the stadium for one day," said Frederick M. Rottach of the City of Detroit Planning and Development Department, Real Estate Development Division. "It brings dollars to the city; everything helps."

Filming of "The Irishman" also took place on Thursday in a Corktown neighborhood on Leverette Street and at the recently renovated Corktown Inn (formerly Holiday Inn) on Trumbull Street off Porter. Filming will continue here through June.

Toduo

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »

The Irishman is currently in production. They're filming at Tiger Stadium tonight.

Tribes of October and Slaughter's Road are in pre-production. Both intend to start production sometime in the summer.

Thanks for the update Lotis, tis all clear now. :cheers:

:toduo:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 05:17:01 AM »

Thanks for the update Lotis, tis all clear now. :cheers:

I'm SO thrilled that darling Ray is so busy with his new starring roles in what sound like excellent movies  :cheer2:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 08:52:19 PM »

Here's an evening news brief from a local tv station about Ray filming at Tiger Stadium before it was fully demolished:

TV20 Detroit.com

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 09:21:12 PM »

Here's an evening news brief from a local tv station about Ray filming at Tiger Stadium before it was fully demolished:

TV20 Detroit.com

Yikes. Could Ray be more blurry? Was that Ray?  :think: He was a gorgeous blur, though. ;D  :-*

Yay! They mentioned his name on TV! :clap: :crush:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 08:35:01 PM »

Found a site with a picture of the boy who will play Ray's character as a Teenager. His name is Cody Christian http://www.williamsunltd.com/working.htm

:wingit:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 03:07:52 PM »

Been Googling again and found some interesting stuff related to The Irishman:

http://metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=14024

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1450803-hollywood-part-2-screentest.html

http://www.motorcityflicks.com/2009/06/michigna-production-update-june-111-2009.htm

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/05/07/christopher-walken-ray-stevenson-and-val-kilmer-fling-car-bomb/

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090607/BUSINESS/906070303/1003/BUSINESS/Hollywood+workers+moving+out+of+Calif

Read them at your leisure and don't criticize  me for posting or not posting anything here.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »

wha-Wha-WHAT?!? Why would anyone criticize you for posting or not posting anything here??? :dget:

Thanks, Wing. I'll look at the links later. *dashes off* *hopes there is yummy Ray stuff there*

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
iblauralee

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »

Great finds Wing.   I don't know why anyone would get mad at you.  It's been a bit slow on Ray news lately so nice to see some new stuff.   :clap:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »

"...Michigna Production Update..."

:D Is it a crazy place? (*cough* meshugana)  ::)  :P

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 07:06:49 AM »

Oy vey Cam, more Punnishment!!!!

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 07:08:18 AM »

A nice note from the lady who is producing this movie :

http://www.armchaircommentary.com/2009/06/strike-tara-reid-blog.html

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16