Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 10:18:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Irishman  (Read 60752 times)
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2010, 10:17:41 PM »

I have waited for the page to reload. Doesn't work. Lotis told me it had something to do with the forum site.I didn't understand though. It hasn't always been that way and I am not the only one, Wing.

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »

mob -- I'm a bit of a fraidy-cat when it comes to watching scary films or TV programs. So I would be skittish about watching an exorcism drama.  :nailbite2: I would be even more skittish about watching a drama about a preternaturally powerful menses.  :girlpower: :eek: :sick: :hide:

Oh dear. :rimshot:

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »

Lotis can't do anything about it.  It is your browser at work... you need to either move to a different browser or wait until your page finishes loading before you start typing.

Bloody unfortunate that. Internet Explorer is still the most popular browser by far, you'd think they would sort out a way to make this work!

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2010, 04:11:16 AM »

I have waited for the page to reload. Doesn't work. Lotis told me it had something to do with the forum site.I didn't understand though. It hasn't always been that way and I am not the only one, Wing.

I just use Mozilla Firefox here now, mob. Cuts down on my typo's when the text isn't jumping at me as it did with Internet Explorer.  :)

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #229 on: August 31, 2010, 04:24:38 AM »

Lotis can't do anything about it.  It is your browser at work... you need to either move to a different browser or wait until your page finishes loading before you start typing.

Bloody unfortunate that. Internet Explorer is still the most popular browser by far, you'd think they would sort out a way to make this work!
Remember when Lily Tomlin did the Ernestine character who said "We're the phone company, we don't have to care"?  Microsoft is about that way now... they are by far the biggest dog in the web software world and they are the least compliant with the World Wide Web Consortium's web browser standards.

:wingit:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2010, 03:56:35 PM »

I just use Mozilla Firefox here now, mob. Cuts down on my typo's when the text isn't jumping at me as it did with Internet Explorer.  :)

I can't use Firefox cause I am having trouble with it closing down. It doesn't! It closes the window but remains running in the  Task Manager and many people have this problem. I have a new laptop I just received, so I am hoping it works betterh than ths one. I can type two lines here before the jumping starts..WTF???  :drule:

Mob1 icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »

Interview with Tommy Reid:

http://clevelandfilm.blogspot.com/2010/09/10-questions-with-producer-tommy-reid.html

1. A few words about your latest projects:
In 1998, Tommy Reid started Dundee Entertainment, LLC, an entertainment production and development company focused on high concept films at cost conscious budgets. Dundee has a production slate of over 20 projects in various stages of development.

Reid directed and produced his first feature film STRIKE starring Tara Reid, Vinnie Jones, Ray Wise, Robert Carradine, Rachel Hunter and Ross Patterson.  Tommy took on a key role during pre-production thru postproduction on the film, making critical decisions while maintaining an on-schedule and on-budget production.  STRIKE (June 2009) is currently released domestically by Anchor Bay on DVD.

Reid directed and produced his next feature, Screwball: The Ted Whitfield Story, a mockumentary/spoof on the backyard sport of Wiffle-ball where the Greatest Wiffle Ball player of all time attempts to break the home run record.  Reid developed the film off a short story and plans to market it right before the World Series in the Fall of 2010 via Warner Brothers video On Demand inclusive of all online video stores. Screwball: The Ted Whitfield Story stars Joey Kern (Super Troopers), Christine Lakin (The Game Plan), Andy Milder (Weeds) and Richard Gant (The Big Lebowski).

Reid has exemplified his strengths in business and entertainment mostly with his upcoming feature film coming out with a theatrical release by Anchor Bay in March 2011 titled Kill The Irishman.  Reid’s persistence paid off as he partnered with Code Entertainment for the production.  It took Reid over 13 years from optioning the book to production of the film, shot in summer 2009.  Kill The Irishman is directed by Jonathan Hensliegh and stars Christopher Walken, Ray Stevenson, Val Kilmer, Paul Sorvino, Vincent D’Onofrio, Vinnie Jones, and Steve Schrippa.

Reid is currently in negotiations for a distribution deal with Anchor Bay for the non-fiction documentary film on Cleveland’s most notorious criminal, Daniel “Danny” Greene.  The documentary is currently titled DANNY GREENE: The Rise & Fall of The Irishman, and features exclusive interviews from Danny’s ex-wife Nancy, daughter Sharon, and Ed Kovacic, the Cleveland ex-Police Chief that went face to face with Danny during his life in Cleveland.

Mr. Reid is now in pre-production, directing and producing his next feature called “The Bad Room,” think Saw meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.  Another project underway is “When We Were Wolves” which is based on a book Mr. Reid optioned in October 2009 and Peter Markle (Young Blood) adapted the screenplay, think The Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds, for hockey.

2.  Danny Greene is a well-known figure in Cleveland history.  How did the production end up in Michigan instead of shooting in the Cleveland area?
Tax incentives. Ever since graduating from Ohio State University, I have been a big advocate of bringing film-making back to the state of Ohio.  I tried, but at the time, Cleveland and the state didn't have their tax credit/rebate program installed and Detroit, had a huge financial incentive. It was out of my hands, and the decision was to make the film in Michigan. 

3.  How did you originally learn about Danny Greene and when did it become a film project?
I first learned about the film from a local friend, Dominic that lived in Wickliffe, and told me about this Irish gangster. I'm from North New Jersey and never heard about Danny Greene ever. I always thought the mafia was mainly started and took place in NY/NJ area.  I learned Rick Porrello was writing a book on this Danny Greene character, and I optioned the book, and it became my mission and purpose to make this to the big screen.  It took me over 13yrs to bring to the big screen. Too many stories to tell about that.

4.  The actors in “The Irishman” include Ray Stevenson, Vinnie Jones, Paul Sorvino, Val Kilmer and Christopher Walken.  What was the process in trying to put together the cast for the film?
It takes a combination of time, money and relationships. Relationships drive Hollywood.

5.  When will we be able to see your epic wiffleball film?
"Screwball: The Ted Whitfield Story" can now be pre-ordered on Itunes -movies, and available digitally on Itunes movies, Gravitas & WB Video On Demand this October 1st, 2010 and at any Blockbuster or Netflix on DVD in Jan, 2011 via Anchor Bay.

6.  Do you prefer directing or producing and why?
I really enjoy both. Having said that, directing, you take on a different creative role in the movie making process. Its so much fun to work with really good actors and key crew members. You learn all the time when making a film. It's really a collaborative effort, but I enjoy directing and the roles and responsibilities it takes on.

7.  What are your best memories about attending Ohio State, and will Eddie George be appearing in any of your future films?
I loved being a student at Ohio State. We have back then so many High Street bars and pubs and we could even wrestle a black bear, Caesar, man, was it crazy, but campus would never look like it does today back then if it weren't for the clean up committees. Man, it was chaos in the late 1990s.  I cast Eddie George in my first film (STRIKE 2009) as a guest commentator. It was great to meet him and work with him. He is a first class, stand up guy. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met.  He is very talented and I look forward to working with him again. Good times.

8.  How does the state of Ohio compare to Michigan and Pennsylvania as a viable location to shoot a film?
I think since there are so many big cities in Ohio, you have over 7-8 major cities that can re-enact as different locations. Its wonderful, each area is special in there scenery. I hope Ohio becomes as film friendly as Michigan does, and Ohio has more to offer the filmmaker. I'm forever a buckeye.

9.  How would you describe your experience with any of the film commissions in Ohio?
I haven't really closed a feature film deal to shoot in Ohio, but I look forward to working with them for years to come.

10.  What is your ultimate goal in the film industry?
To be a highly recognized top entertainment content generator.

:wingit:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »

Thanks, wing.

I really SO hope this film sees the light of day. I know the economy is very scary everywhere right now....the film business being no exception.   

I want to see Ray in this starring role!!!  :rock:  :worshippy: :pray:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  

Jump to: