Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 02:11:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Other Guys...OUR guy!  (Read 16287 times)
Nomad
« on: September 23, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

'The Other Guys' Begins Production in New York 
Posted : Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:41:10 GMT
Author : Columbia Pictures 

NEW YORK, Sept. 23 NY-Columbia-Pictures

NEW YORK, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Principal photography begins today on Columbia Pictures' action-comedy The Other Guys, starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg.  The film is directed by Adam McKay and written by Adam McKay & Chris Henchy.  The film is a co-production between Gary Sanchez Productions and Mosaic. Adam McKay, Will Ferrell, Jimmy Miller, and Patrick Crowley produce.  David Householter, Chris Henchy and Kevin Messick are the Executive Producers.  Jessica Elbaum and Josh Church serve as Co-Producers.

Set in New York City, The Other Guys follows Detective Allen Gamble (Ferrell), a forensic accountant who's more interested in paperwork than hitting the streets, and Detective Terry Hoitz (Wahlberg), who has been stuck with Allen as his partner ever since an embarrassing public incident with his quick trigger finger.  Allen and Terry idolize the city's top cops, Danson and Manzetti (Dwayne Johnson and Samuel L. Jackson), but when an opportunity arises for the Other Guys to step up, things don't quite go as planned.

McKay said, "Though Will and I no longer speak, I still love making movies with him.  Will it be tense on set? Absolutely.  But fortunately Mark Wahlberg and I have formed a friendship based on our mutual problems with Will.  So that's good."

The cast includes Eva Mendes as Sheila, Allen's incredibly plain wife; Michael Keaton as Captain Mauch; and Steve Coogan as billionaire investment banker David Ershon.  Ray Stevenson, Rob Riggle, Damon Wayans, Jr. and Lindsay Sloane round out the supporting cast.

Sir Oliver Wood serves as the film's Director of Photography, with Clayton Hartley acting as the Production Designer.  The film is edited by Brent White.  Costume Designer is Carol Ramsey.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/the-other-guys-begins-production-in-new-york,972246.shtml

:nomad:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »

:clap:  Thanks Nomad I was just about to post my Googling result s and you already had it here.  GREAT NEWS.  Happy to see Ray in a comedy .

:wingit:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »

YAY!!! Ray in a comedy!!!  :yahoo: :dance2: :squirm:  :crush:

Nice to see him branching out with all these other bigger-name actors, too. He was already friendly with Samuel L. Jackson, right?  :) ;)  :cheers:

Of course, Ray will be the most delicious cast member (Hope they don't hide his light under a bushel this time with weird makeup and hairpieces.)....... but there will be some other eye candy as well. I would enjoy looking at Rob Riggle and Dwayne Johnson, and Eva Mendes is gorgeous, and I know many find Mark Wahlberg attractive.

Thanks for the great news!  :clap:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »

Found pictures of Ray from the set of "The Other Guys"

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:58:48 PM by wingit4me » Logged

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »

Mmmmmmmmm! That's some nice slices of man meat, there. :drool2:  :crush:

*cough* : :party:: I mean...thanks for the lovely pics! :wave:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »

And he actually looks like himself, which we all know is fantabulously handsome   :drool2:.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Nomad
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 07:41:32 PM »

There's some fun video to look at in this article.  Nothing about Ray, unfortunately, but fun just the same!

Today we have the first shots of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Samuel L Jackson on the set of the upcoming "The Other Guys" comedy, which also stars Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell. In addition, we also have an incredible stunt video from the movie, showing two stuntmen diving off a NY City building. Check out everything below.

Plot: Set in New York City, "The Other Guys" follows Detective Allen Gamble (Ferrell), a forensic accountant who's more interested in paperwork than hitting the streets, and Detective Terry Hoitz (Wahlberg), who has been stuck with Allen as his partner ever since an embarrassing public incident with his quick trigger finger. Allen and Terry idolize the city's top cops, Danson and Manzetti (Johnson, Jackson), but when an opportunity arises for the Other Guys to step up, things don't quite go as planned.

The new movie is directed by Adam McKay (Anchorman, Talladega Night) and also stars Eva Mendes, Michael Keaton, Steve Coogan and Ray Stevenson. It is scheduled to hi theaters on August 6th, 2010.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=15551&count=0

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »

Thanks, Nomad.  Keep us posted!

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 06:45:04 AM »

Very nice photos of Ray,this photos are so natural,but Ray looks a little bit sad... :embarassed:

Markéta
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »

There is a charity auction for a walk on role in The Other Guys... must be 18 or older and able to afford it, a bid is a contract :)

http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/gardenofdreams/catalog_items/107212

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

Found a blog entry of a lady who met Ray:

http://whatilikeaboutyou-ify.blogspot.com/2009/12/day-155-cont-ny-day-2-set-visit.html

..."Eventually we began interviews. First with Ray Stevenson. Don't know him, but he was nice and pretty funny. However, here is what went down on the side...."

Nomad
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 07:18:24 PM »

That twit didn't post my response yet! :think:  I said, "Well, yeah, but what happened with Ray Stevenson???"

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »

Found a blog entry of a lady who met Ray:

http://whatilikeaboutyou-ify.blogspot.com/2009/12/day-155-cont-ny-day-2-set-visit.html

..."Eventually we began interviews. First with Ray Stevenson. Don't know him, but he was nice and pretty funny. However, here is what went down on the side...."

HUH? What happened to the encounter with Ray? All of a sudden it's all about Mark Wahlberg?

errrr... I may need to check in later when I am more lucid.

Thanks, Wing! I'll check later. :huh: :cool2:

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 08:01:19 AM »

That twit didn't post my response yet! :think:  I said, "Well, yeah, but what happened with Ray Stevenson???"

Oh I concur Nomad! THAT's what we want to know indeedy!!!

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 11:41:07 PM »

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/22407/1/15-MAINSTREAM-FILMS-FROM-2010-TO-BE-EXCITED-FOR-DAY-NINE/Page1.html

"...Ray Stevenson is great. Just look at him. I got all warm inside when he showed up onscreen in Book of Eli. I hope this isn't just a Mike Starr type of role."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: