Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 02:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Other Guys...OUR guy!  (Read 16288 times)
Nomad
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 02:00:50 AM »

good find, wing.  i'm hearing august 6th as the release date.  probably a good time, after the feeding frenzy of the summer blockbusters passes.

:nomad:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 07:59:36 AM »

It sounds like a movie that will bring in good box office, too.  That's always a plus for our guy.  But, uh, who is Mike Starr?   :hmm: :dget: :think:

:brit:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:11:09 AM by britmys » Logged

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/22407/1/15-MAINSTREAM-FILMS-FROM-2010-TO-BE-EXCITED-FOR-DAY-NINE/Page1.html

"...Ray Stevenson is great. Just look at him. I got all warm inside when he showed up onscreen in Book of Eli. I hope this isn't just a Mike Starr type of role."

Per Wikipedia.com: ...Mike Starr "... is an American actor. Known for his large size, he has typically been typecast as playing thugs or henchmen."  Also is in the movie The Irishman as Leo 'Lips' Moceri .  He has a degree form Hofsta University and has 160 and counting roles listed on IMDB going back to 1980 including my favorite as "Big Tough Guy God". 

Note: not to be confused with the Mike Starr who was the bass player for Alice in Chains and was on "Celebrity Rehab".
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:59:30 AM by wingit4me » Logged

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 11:03:07 AM »

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/22407/1/15-MAINSTREAM-FILMS-FROM-2010-TO-BE-EXCITED-FOR-DAY-NINE/Page1.html

"...Ray Stevenson is great. Just look at him. I got all warm inside when he showed up onscreen in Book of Eli. I hope this isn't just a Mike Starr type of role."

Per Wikipedia.com: ...Mike Starr "... is an American actor. Known for his large size, he has typically been typecast as playing thugs or henchmen."  Also is in the movie The Irishman as Leo 'Lips' Moceri .  He has a degree form Hofsta University and has 160 and counting roles listed on IMDB going back to 1980 including my favorite as "Big Tough Guy God". 

Note: not to be confused with the Mike Starr who was the bass player for Alice in Chains and was on "Celebrity Rehab".

On, no!   PLEASE not a Mike Starr role.   :hmm:  Hopefully, it will be a role where Ray can show his charming, funny side.

YAY!  I am now a Rayspectable Fan!   :yahoo:  :dance2: :dance: :rock: :cheer2:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:05:56 AM by britmys » Logged

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »

On, no!   PLEASE not a Mike Starr role.   :hmm:  Hopefully, it will be a role where Ray can show his charming, funny side.

:cheer2:  Congratulations on your new-found Rayspectability... use it wisely  ::)

PS. More info on the talented Mr Starr:

http://www.hollywood.com/celebrity/1121652/Mike_Starr

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Mike_Starr

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »

:cheer2:  Congratulations on your new-found Rayspectability... use it wisely  ::)

Thank you...thank you veree much (my very poor Elvis imitation)  :neen:.  Nah,  I'll probably post just as much of a fawning nature and pure drivel as before  :hmm:.  But I will TRY to be Rayspectable  :ray:.

Nomad
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 04:59:58 PM »

Yay, Brit!   :chug:  Congrats!

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 06:57:54 PM »

Thank you...thank you veree much (my very poor Elvis imitation)  :neen:.  Nah,  I'll probably post just as much of a fawning nature and pure drivel as before  :hmm:.  But I will TRY to be Rayspectable  :ray:.

Attaining Rayspectability hasn't helped me in going beyond a fawning presence, Brit. Congratulations! :bday: :cheers:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 09:06:28 PM »

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:25:59 PM by wingit4me » Logged

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »

I had to get wing to explain this to me.  I saw my papillon and Cam's bead, but I couldn't figure out that it was about our fawning.  And, of course, Titus's Pepe le Pew (sorry, Flower   :neen:) is there too.  I told her I never meant THAT kind of fawning.   :lol: :neen: :ray:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:56:08 AM by britmys » Logged

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »

not the real "Pepe le Pew" that is Flower... but he represents Titus's source of his beloved scent eau de rancid polecat.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 01:55:09 AM »

I had to get wing to explain this to me.  I saw my papillon and Cam's bead, but I couldn't figure out that it was about our fawning.  And, of course, Titus's Pepe le Peu is there too.  I told her I never meant THAT kind of fawning.   :lol: :neen: :ray:

:D :clap: Awww, wing -- you're a dear.

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Toduo

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 07:59:29 AM »

There's some fun video to look at in this article.  Nothing about Ray, unfortunately, but fun just the same!

Today we have the first shots of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Samuel L Jackson on the set of the upcoming "The Other Guys" comedy, which also stars Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell. In addition, we also have an incredible stunt video from the movie, showing two stuntmen diving off a NY City building. Check out everything below.

Plot: Set in New York City, "The Other Guys" follows Detective Allen Gamble (Ferrell), a forensic accountant who's more interested in paperwork than hitting the streets, and Detective Terry Hoitz (Wahlberg), who has been stuck with Allen as his partner ever since an embarrassing public incident with his quick trigger finger. Allen and Terry idolize the city's top cops, Danson and Manzetti (Johnson, Jackson), but when an opportunity arises for the Other Guys to step up, things don't quite go as planned.

The new movie is directed by Adam McKay (Anchorman, Talladega Night) and also stars Eva Mendes, Michael Keaton, Steve Coogan and Ray Stevenson. It is scheduled to hi theaters on August 6th, 2010.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=15551&count=0

I wonder how much screen time Ray will actually have on this movie; most of the cast when mentioned do not include Ray - a cameo perhaps? I have yet to see Eli, though all but one review I have read here, there has been no mention of Ray or his character. I will have to have my RS 'fan' badge taken away soon one suspects, as have not seen  anything Ray has appeared in (apart from bits of The Punisher!), going as far back as Outpost. I am very much looking forward to The Irishman and hope all distributors are in place pretty soon! :worry-rose: :cheers:

:toduo:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »

I had to get wing to explain this to me.  I saw my papillon and Cam's bead, but I couldn't figure out that it was about our fawning.  And, of course, Titus's Pepe le Pew (sorry, Flower   :neen:) is there too.  I told her I never meant THAT kind of fawning.   :lol: :neen: :ray:

So that's Cambi, a Britterfly, and Pullo le Pew.

I know, I know ..... *legs it*

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »

So that's Cambi, a Britterfly, and Pullo le Pew.

I know, I know ..... *legs it*

:lol:  :clap: :lips:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: