Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:13:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Ray Stevenson cast as Volstagg in Thor?  (Read 45043 times)
Nomad
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:59:42 PM »

At least that's the Twitter gossip.

UPDATE! Fandral & Volstagg cast in Thor, According to Twitter

According to Twitter reports from Movie Scoop, Stuart Townsend & Ray Stevenson, has been cast as Fandral & Volstagg.

Now I don't how true this is, because its being reported by a tweeter, whose profile name is Movie Scoop. They say Stuart Townsend will play Fandral and Ray Stevenson will portray Volstagg. If this turns out to be true, you know where you heard it first. . . well, second.

I just contacted Stuart Tonwsend's agent at UTA and he has denied the casting rumor. Though it could still be a possibility (we know how Hollywood is), wait for an official press release until you get too wound up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=11842

By the way, if this info turn out to be true, it will be a reunion between Ray and Kenneth Branaugh (Theory of Flight), who is directing Thor.

In case you aren't up on characters from the Thor comics, read about Volstagg here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volstagg

http://marvel.com/universe/Volstagg

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-volstagg.html

One presumes-or HOPES, rather-that Ray's version of Volstagg will NOT weigh 1,425 pounds!

:nomad:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 03:27:15 PM »

Oooh! I wonder if this is true?!  :drule:

If so, this will give Ray another nice big part. Or a bloody huge one if that picture is anything to go by :giggly:

:think: Hmmm. Ray portraying comic-book characters is becoming a trend eh?! May I suggest some UK comic book characters for Ray's next film? I loved The Beano personally  ;D

I can just picture my darling Ray as Lord Snooty or Dennis the Menace [he'd look great in stripes]. Or Roger the Dodger! [that's a noun not a verb BTW]  ::)

Or how's about Plug from the Bash Street Kids [he'd have to spend 5 hours a day in make-up to look that ugly though].

I know! Little Plum?! Oh no, sorry! That part is perfect for TitusPullo ain't it  :lol:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 03:36:04 PM »

I used to have a boss who looked just like this.  If this is true I hope being cast as a huge Winnie-the-Pooh tummied Viking provides a good acting challenge for Ray.

:wingit:
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:55:23 PM »

Sounds like it would be a meaty part  ::).  I presume Ray wear will have to wear prosthetic makeup.  Oh, for a part where we could see his fine form  :neen:.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 08:08:27 PM »

Sounds like it would be a meaty part  ::).  I presume Ray wear will have to wear prosthetic makeup.  Oh, for a part where we could see his fine form  :neen:.

:brit:
I had this really bizarre idea!  All of you please tell me what you think.   Ray could play a guy of about 45 years old, a normal man who experiences some extraordinary things.  It would be a drama.  He could look like this:

That's Michael Wandmacher on the left.  He scored PWZ and this pic is from the PWZ premiere.  Michael, as you may notice, is every bit as big as Ray, maybe even bigger.  And SWEET!  Sweet as honey.   :koffie:  Between the two of them, this is a high-carb photo.

Anyway, whaddya'll think?  Could Ray make that dramatic stretch and play that sort of character?

Oh. Are you kidding me? High-carb? I would say high-protein, with all that meat. Or....I dunno wot.

I am trying to maintain an even strain, trying to stay afloat and clear-headed. Have been dealing with a cold or flu or something. Maybe a female version of a man-cold.  :seestars: :truce: :help: :zombie2:

Uhhh....hey...!...?..! Ray can play any part! *hic* *cough* That's wot I say. Night night..... :tea: :sleepy: :spit: :yawn: :sleep:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

:hmm: I saw this article last night, but the blogger didn't sound too sure of it. I hope it's spot on. I better keep my knickers on til we know..hate losing my pants for nothing  :think: I remember hearing that Kevin McKidd was gonna play "Thor" and then it didn't work out...so for now I will  :shutup:

What a gorgeous guy Michael Wandamacher is... :yahoo:

A bit skeptical, am I....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:46:55 PM by mob1 » Logged

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »

I know! Little Plum?! Oh no, sorry! That part is perfect for TitusPullo ain't it  :lol:
Oi!  *spanks Labia*  :spank:  Don't start with the grapes in a pillowcase again!  :razz:

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »

Oi back! Ouch! Lower next time please 

*treads on your grape* *hears TitusPullo let out a little whine*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 03:10:35 PM »

Ahahahaha! I've just read that Volstagg is held in high regard by his comrades, if only for his amusing company and unparalleled drinking ability!  :yahoo:

If Ray plays this part like TitusPullo meets the Jolly Green Giant, methinks he'll have a brilliant time filming and we'll all have a brilliant film to see :giggly:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »

Ahahahaha! I've just read that Volstagg is held in high regard by his comrades, if only for his amusing company and unparalleled drinking ability!  :yahoo:

If Ray plays this part like TitusPullo meets the Jolly Green Giant, methinks he'll have a brilliant time filming and we'll all have a brilliant film to see :giggly:

That sounds like fun! It would be great to see Ray do that! :D :dance2:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Nomad
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 09:20:34 PM »

It's for sure!  When it makes Daily Variety or THR, you can believe it.

Branagh enlists Three for 'Thor'
Townsend, Stevenson, Asano join cast
By MICHAEL FLEMING
"Thor" helmer Kenneth Branagh has locked Stuart Townsend, Ray Stevenson, and Tadanobu Asano to play Warrior's Three, a trio of Asgardian adventurers who fight alongside the Norse god in the Marvel Entertainment drama.
Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston and Natalie Portman also star in the pic scripted by Mark Protosevich and Zack Stentz. Paramount Pictures will release "Thor" on May 20, 2011.

Stevenson, who'll next be seen starring with Denzel Washington in "Book of Eli," is currently shooting the Adam McKay-directed "The Other Guys" with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118011442.html?categoryId=13&cs=1

Stuart Townsend = Fandral
Ray Stevenson = Volstagg
Tadanobu Asano = Hogun

Whoa!  Update!  Variety pulled that article from the web in a New York minute!  I've no clue why that is.  Good thing I copied it here.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:42:27 PM by Nomad » Logged
Nomad
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 10:55:20 PM »

Here's a bit more on The Warriors Three

The Warriors Three is made up of the Asgardians Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg.

Fandral is a warrior of Asgard and an adventurer. He is an irrepressible swashbuckler and romantic. His bravery and optimism often puts the group in highly disadvantageous positions; as perennially pointed out by the gloomy Hogun. Fandral considers himself the consummate ladies' man and is often depicted with a bevy of young ladies. His actual success with these ladies is intermittent at best, but as such provides numerous opportunities for humorous results. Despite these flaws, he possesses an excessively noble spirit and will do the right thing without thought to his personal safety or prosperity.

Hogun is a member of a trio of Asgardian adventurers consisting of Fandral the Dashing, Hogun the Grim, and Volstagg the Valiant and referred as the Warriors Three (but not in the comics themselves). They were members of the supporting cast in Marvel's Thor comics and usually provided comic relief and side-adventures.

Volstagg's origin beyond being a member of the Asgardian race, a warrior and adventurer, and a friend of Thor has not been revealed. Volstagg is fairly advanced in age for an Asgardian, and it has been suggested that he was a highly respected and feared warrior in his prime.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:00:44 PM by Nomad » Logged
Nomad
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 10:57:16 PM »

I STILL loathe that pink shirt!  It makes Ray look all...red!

Here.  This one is better.

And the Marvel site has the news, too.

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.10317.Thor_Update~colon~_Warriors_Three_Cast

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:05:37 PM by Nomad » Logged
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 05:12:32 AM »

Oh my Nomad looks like Volstagg likes pink.  Be prepared for a pink Ray.  Hope they don't do that, but I'm just saying.

:wingit:
Nomad
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 12:53:45 PM »

Oh my Nomad looks like Volstagg likes pink.  Be prepared for a pink Ray.  Hope they don't do that, but I'm just saying.
Thanks, Wing.  It's going to take me a while to adjust to Ray playing a bumbling fool in a fat suit.  I can only hope Branaugh has the sense to re-write that part a bit.  :-\

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: