Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 10:23:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Ray Stevenson cast as Volstagg in Thor?  (Read 45155 times)
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 02:06:19 PM »

Oh my Nomad looks like Volstagg likes pink.  Be prepared for a pink Ray.  Hope they don't do that, but I'm just saying.
Thanks, Wing.  It's going to take me a while to adjust to Ray playing a bumbling fool in a fat suit.  I can only hope Branaugh has the sense to re-write that part a bit.  :-\

:nomad:

If the character is based on Falstaff, it has been along time since I read Henry the IV parts 1 & 2, he was not so much a bumbling fool as he was a corrupter of youth.. but then when your own dad is home dying from syphillis who are you going to look up to as a surrogate father figure?

Took just a quick look around the internet at various pics of the Marvel Voltagg and he actually wears a wide variety of jacket colors besides pink: red, yellow, purple, black/white. basically all accessorized with the same gold pants and gold beanie with the  (what are they feathers? ribbons?) sprouting out of the top (you can see why I do not give fashion commentary for a living).

Also interesting was the fan speculation on who would be cast as Volstagg: Brian Blessed, Kevin James, the guy who played Haggrid, John Goodman, Ray Winstone..hmm not sure who I would have bet on.  I hope Ray enjoys playing the part and the movie does well.

:wingit:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 02:50:12 PM »

I STILL loathe that pink shirt!  It makes Ray look all...red!
Here.  This one is better.

And the Marvel site has the news, too.

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.10317.Thor_Update~colon~_Warriors_Three_Cast

Oh Nomad I so disagree with you about that shirt!

I've loved him and it from the moment I saw it... some King Arthur 'do' I recall c2004?  :clap:

The mightily handsome wearer caught my eye of course but I'm a woman wot loves a man in the right shirt and my head was truly turned by the most unusual and 'stand out from the crowd' colour; my eyes a-popping at not only a covered placket but a contrasting  placket in a most appealing eye-catching stripe. The sheen of the fabric looks silk or silk blend. And wot I wouldn't give to know whether it had a button or *swoon* a French cuff and if so, what cufflinks were worn  :worshippy:

My husband is another who can wear a shirt and look devastatingly good. Except I get to feel his  :crush:

OK OK! Some people do train spotting but ever contrary, I shirt-spot. Me likey a man in a sexy shirt *phwoarrrrr*

*Slaps self back into topic*

Volstagg is a very interesting character and full of potential methinks. A larger than life persona and the most appealing to me out of the Warriors Three due to the 'Valiant' name. Courage and determination will always turn my head more than the shallow Dashing. Unless Dashing is wearing an extremely nice shirt that is  ;D

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »

Oh my Nomad looks like Volstagg likes pink.  Be prepared for a pink Ray.  Hope they don't do that, but I'm just saying.

:clap:

Pink! Great! Suits me coz it suits him!

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Nomad
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »

Pink??? :pullo:  Me likey this better:

or this...

or this...(my compliments to Ray's dentist)

or even this!

But NOT pink.  I'm afraid that plackets, striped or otherwise, have no erotic appeal to me.  Though French cuffs and links certainly DO!   :drule:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:13:28 PM by Nomad » Logged
Tempest Fuget
Newbie.

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 06:15:18 PM »

I agree like these pics better--made my day kinda bummed a guy I like is acting funny :(
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »

Pink??? :pullo:  Me likey this better:

or this...

or this...(my compliments to Ray's dentist)

or even this!

But NOT pink.  I'm afraid that plackets, striped or otherwise, have no erotic appeal to me.  Though French cuffs and links certainly DO!   :drule:

Oh I could cry. I wrote a long reply. I am apparently no longer able to copy and paste it. All gone. Oh well, it was just a bunch of silliness. *sigh* No matter. It is of little import. Just saying that I love Ray & he is the best.

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 07:26:26 PM »

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:05:19 PM by wingit4me » Logged

Nomad
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 01:36:28 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my lord!  That is the funniest thing I have EVER seen!  I am HYSTERICAL with laughter and that's BAD!!! I need to go to sleep! 

*sniggers madly while pulling the covers over my head*

I swear you're a genius! :clap: :clap: :clap: :rock:

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 04:27:20 AM »

You're barking mad, wingit4me. Near pissed meself laughing!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :shy:

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 05:56:02 PM »

:funny: Wing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Were you able to use that magnum opus for a class assignment? That work deserves a wider audience. :D  :clap:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »

Naw, I think neither my Art History instructor nor my Java prof would be impressed.  And I really don't think my employers would appreciate having their information analyst (yeah that is my job title) displaying such a lack of dignity.   Let's keep it here where it won't get me into trouble.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 06:09:11 PM »

I STILL loathe that pink shirt!  It makes Ray look all...red!
Here.  This one is better.

And the Marvel site has the news, too.

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.10317.Thor_Update~colon~_Warriors_Three_Cast

Oh Nomad I so disagree with you about that shirt!

I've loved him and it from the moment I saw it... some King Arthur 'do' I recall c2004?  :clap:

The mightily handsome wearer caught my eye of course but I'm a woman wot loves a man in the right shirt and my head was truly turned by the most unusual and 'stand out from the crowd' colour; my eyes a-popping at not only a covered placket but a contrasting  placket in a most appealing eye-catching stripe. The sheen of the fabric looks silk or silk blend. And wot I wouldn't give to know whether it had a button or *swoon* a French cuff and if so, what cufflinks were worn  :worshippy:

My husband is another who can wear a shirt and look devastatingly good. Except I get to feel his  :crush:

OK OK! Some people do train spotting but ever contrary, I shirt-spot. Me likey a man in a sexy shirt *phwoarrrrr*

*Slaps self back into topic*

Volstagg is a very interesting character and full of potential methinks. A larger than life persona and the most appealing to me out of the Warriors Three due to the 'Valiant' name. Courage and determination will always turn my head more than the shallow Dashing. Unless Dashing is wearing an extremely nice shirt that is  ;D

I like Ray's attention to detail. I like a man who "attends".  ::) I REALLY do.  :dance: They say "God is in the details". In my way, I worship Ray. :worshippy: :shrine: :pray:  :nailbite2: :crush:

I am really not into a man who is like a peacock, paying a whole lot of attention to fashion, because it makes me think of him in a poodle-fied way.......but I think Ray is nicely understated. He has good taste and a refined sense of style. I also think it's cool that he used his good eye and creativity and love of beauty to have that XIII ring designed & made for himself & castmates, and that little Punisher button.

Ooh. :dance: I said "button". Ray was attending to an endeavor that brought pleasure, working on that. ...OK... *slinks off*

Nomad
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »

Location information:

According to Production Weekly, Marvel Studios will begin principal photography on the Kenneth Branagh-directed Thor in Los Angeles in mid-January. The production will then move to Santa Fe, New Mexico from March until late-April.

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2009/11/18/thor-will-be-shot-in-los-angeles-new-mexico/

mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 10:50:52 PM »

OMG ....Wing that is verrry creative and downright hilarious  :lol: :lol: .....I may have to try that with one of the grandkids old Winnies with an old gold bra of mine... :giggly: bet you didn't know I even had one..huh?  Well it's left over from my belly dancing days  :gaia: (no belly dancer smiley...darn)  :(

BTW, my font looks a bit odd to me lately.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:55:55 PM by mob1 » Logged

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 11:09:50 PM »

Personally, I adore a man in a pink shirt, especially a coral one.. Blue eyes look fab and grey eyes look absolutely divine in them.  :crush:  The black jacket just sets them off beautifully...

If my men don't own one, I certainly make sure to get them one ASAP...(sorry, I don't have a hubby but the plural "men" does not mean all at one time, but in succession...just thought I would clear that one up..aw shucks, you all know what a slut I am anyway, so forget it)

I think the "red" face comes from the lighting in that photo, Nomad..don't you think. OR, his Lordship had a sunburn from his days spent on the golf course of doing something ...er..fun in the sun, neh?

Oh geez, I am rambling again and not all that funny.....so I better end it here.

Mob1 icon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: