Ray Stevenson Community
February 23, 2018, 10:57:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Rome as the movie!  (Read 27103 times)
Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« on: November 19, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »

I have a good news for you... :cheer2: Screenplay to ROME THE MOVIE is already ready yet!Lucius Vorenus dead in Tv series but in the movie will live and he will faith beside his loyal brother in weapon Titus Pullo! :clap:
Now have left just waiting... :worshippy:

Markéta
Nomad
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »

I have a good news for you... :cheer2: Screenplay to ROME THE MOVIE is already ready yet!Lucius Vorenus dead in Tv series but in the movie will live and he will faith beside his loyal brother in weapon Titus Pullo! :clap:

Thanks, Marianne!  Check this out:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=97645771496&ref=ts   ;)

:nomad:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »

Marianne, where did you get that news? I can't find anything that says the script is done yet?

Nomad, is something posted in the "Rome movie" thread already on here?

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »

I found this clip over on Nomad's Facebook site for the movie and thought I would post it here....Wee Kevie doesn't look so "wee" when Ray's not standing near him, neh?  :loveys:

Thanks to Leanne, the moderator at Kevin McKidd online fan club, for providing this find.. :clap:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJykpzPnL5k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJykpzPnL5k</a>

Mob1 icon
Nomad
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 05:41:32 PM »

Marianne, where did you get that news? I can't find anything that says the script is done yet?

Nomad, is something posted in the "Rome movie" thread already on here?

Here it is, MOB.  In spite of the title of the article, this isn't NEW news.  They've been shopping the script all along and that doesn't imply a FINISHED script.

Exclusive: 'Rome' & 'Call of Duty' movies on!

Kevin McKidd may be giving countryman Gerard Butler some serious box office competition in the near future! In a new interview Kevin told PopWrap that two of his most beloved projects have big screen versions in the works. First up, the oft-rumored about feature film based on HBO's gone-too-soon "Rome!"

"There is a script that is being shopped and Kevin McKidd may be giving countryman Gerard Butler some serious box office competition in the near future! In a new interview Kevin told PopWrap that two of his most beloved projects have big screen versions in the works. First up, the oft-rumored about feature film based on HBO's gone-too-soon "Rome!"

"There is a script that is being shopped and it's supposedly very good, I haven't seen it, but I am definitely going to be a part of the movie," Kevin told PopWrap. He then went on to say that his character, soldier/politician Lucius Vorenus, is not dead despite what happened in the show. "He very much alive, so that should be a fun story to tell."

On a more animated note, Kevin -- who voices Captain "Soap" MacTavish in "Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2" -- says that the hugely successful video game franchise is also eyeing a big screen incarnation.

"They were looking for a rough, Scottish actor in Hollywood they probably couldn't get Gerard Butler, so they got the No. 2 Gerard Butler, me. I had no idea it would be so huge, and now there are talks of a feature film," he revealed to PopWrap. Then came the kicker, when asked if he would be bringing Soap to life in the movie, he said, "if the script is good, and Gerard isn't available [laughs], then absolutely."

Um, you're freakin' adorable Kevin, just FYI. As for scoop on his "Grey's Anatomy" love triangle and what the arrival of Kim Raver's character means for Dr. Hunt, check back for that lump o' news on Thursday!

Oh, and if you want to learn what all the fuss is about, "Rome: The Complete Series" hits DVD today!

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/rome_call_of_duty_movies_in_the_GHenHLj7kJLTHaO3FiNIcL

Nomad
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »

I found this clip over on Nomad's Facebook site for the movie and thought I would post it here....Wee Kevie doesn't look so "wee" when Ray's not standing near him, neh?  :loveys:

Thanks to Leanne, the moderator at Kevin McKidd online fan club, for providing this find.. :clap:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJykpzPnL5k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJykpzPnL5k</a>

This video is from last year, MOB.  I think what Marianne was referring to was the article I just posted above.

:cheers:
Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 06:16:56 PM »

So I red it on our czech the movie pages.
I hope Rome the movie they will begun already soon,because I would like visit Cinecittá studios in the terminal.
I have to make a best of fact I am European and Italy is quiet near from my country! :cheer2:

Markéta
Nomad
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 08:45:43 PM »

So I red it on our czech the movie pages.
I hope Rome the movie they will begun already soon,because I would like visit Cinecittá studios in the terminal.
I have to make a best of fact I am European and Italy is quiet near from my country! :cheer2:

A Czech newspaper!  That's great to hear!  Can you tell, Marianne, if the article in the Czech paper and the one I quoted above have the same information? :coffee:

Also, I invite you to join the Facebook page for the Rome Movie (2011).  We already have people from more than 20 countries who have joined and would love to add yours!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=97645771496&ref=ts

Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:44:31 PM »

:wave: Oh Thank you I am in!!!You are my big family friends of Ray! :yahoo:

Markéta
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »

This video is from last year, MOB.  I think what Marianne was referring to was the article I just posted above.

I knew the vid was from Sept 09, but didn't think it was ever posted here. I couldn't find it, so my apologies if it is a dupe. I never knew the name of the movie. Bona Dea  I missed out on the Kevin McKidd interview when it aired. I loved the "Rome" series clips on it.. :crush:

I see the NY Post story is dated 2 days ago. YAY!!   :clap:

Mob1 icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 01:39:20 AM »

About that NY Post article:

"Exclusive: 'Rome' & 'Call of Duty' movies on!

........Um, you're freakin' adorable Kevin, just FYI. As for scoop on his "Grey's Anatomy" love triangle and what the arrival of Kim Raver's character means for Dr. Hunt, check back for that lump o' news on Thursday!

Oh, and if you want to learn what all the fuss is about, "Rome: The Complete Series" hits DVD today!
"

1. ;D Was that writer referring to the adorable lump between wee Kev's eyes? :vorenus: :snog:

2. Anyone know if there are any new extras (i.e.: featuring Ray :pullo2: :crush:) on the new 'Rome: The Complete Series' DVD? I couldn't tell from the description. I think probably not. :( Still, nice to see that someone thought there would be enough interest to spur sales of a repackaged DVD set.

:bead:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:25:36 AM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Nomad
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 11:37:36 AM »

About that NY Post article:

"Exclusive: 'Rome' & 'Call of Duty' movies on!

........Um, you're freakin' adorable Kevin, just FYI. As for scoop on his "Grey's Anatomy" love triangle and what the arrival of Kim Raver's character means for Dr. Hunt, check back for that lump o' news on Thursday!

"

1. ;D Was that writer referring to the adorable lump between wee Kev's eyes? :vorenus: :snog:

2. Anyone know if there are any new extras (i.e.: featuring Ray :pullo2: :crush:) on the new 'Rome: The Complete Series' DVD? I couldn't tell from the description. I think probably not. :( Still, nice to see that someone thought there would be enough interest to spur sales of a repackaged DVD set.

I'll let you know, Cam.  I heard there were different extras on the Blu-RAY edition but not what they were.  Mine should arrive today but I dont think I'll have time to watch it until Sunday.

Do you remember that interview where KMK said he thought he had a face like a potato???  Maybe that way the little bump he was referring to???

Nomad
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 04:40:08 PM »

I'm not too sure I believe this...but if true, it would be a big WOW!!!

By Mark Stevenson, 05/12/2009

TRAINSPOTTING stars Kevin McKidd and Kelly MacDonald could soon be toga-ther again - in a Hollywood movie version of TV epic Rome.

Hunk Kevin is keen to reprise his role as tough centurian Lucius Vorenus in the steamy sex 'n' sandals drama that turned him into a tinseltown A-lister.

And studio bosses are also pushing for Kelly to be signed up for the film, set to go into production next year.

It will be the first time the Scots pair have worked together since the cult drugs movie 13 years ago.

A source close to the new Rome film said last night: "This script is the talk of the town.

"HBO own the rights and are on the verge of giving it the green light. A lot of the original cast are expected to feature in it but there will also be some new blood injected into it.

"Kelly is doing really well in America and she is one of the main targets."

Ray Stevenson and Bruno Heller, producers of the original Rome, have written a big- screen script and are now in talks with HBO Films.

The US TV network teamed up with the BBC to make the Ł120million series - one of the most expensive telly dramas ever made. It was also one of the most violent and sex- fuelled programmes ever shown, and insiders say the gory movie script is packed with just as much lust.

Grey's Anatomy star Kevin, 36, of Elgin, Morayshire, said last night: "There is a script and it's supposedly very good.

"I haven't seen it yet, but I am definitely going to be a part of the movie." Kelly, of Glasgow, went on from Trainspotting to star in blockbusters No Country For Old Men and Nanny McPhee.

Stevenson and Heller are keen to get the 33-year-old in a leading role in Rome. The insider added: "Both producers want HBO to make the film and are in discussions about it.

"Kelly's a big name and has been linked to the production.

"They think she's fantastic - and it'd be great to see her working with her old friend again."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_showbiz/631246/Scots-Trainspotting-stars-reunite-for-steamy-film-epic.html
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

I'm not too sure I believe this...but if true, it would be a big WOW!!!

By Mark Stevenson, 05/12/2009

TRAINSPOTTING stars Kevin McKidd and Kelly MacDonald could soon be toga-ther again - in a Hollywood movie version of TV epic Rome.

Hunk Kevin is keen to reprise his role as tough centurian Lucius Vorenus in the steamy sex 'n' sandals drama that turned him into a tinseltown A-lister.

And studio bosses are also pushing for Kelly to be signed up for the film, set to go into production next year.

It will be the first time the Scots pair have worked together since the cult drugs movie 13 years ago.

A source close to the new Rome film said last night: "This script is the talk of the town.

"HBO own the rights and are on the verge of giving it the green light. A lot of the original cast are expected to feature in it but there will also be some new blood injected into it.

"Kelly is doing really well in America and she is one of the main targets."

Ray Stevenson and Bruno Heller, producers of the original Rome, have written a big- screen script and are now in talks with HBO Films.

The US TV network teamed up with the BBC to make the Ł120million series - one of the most expensive telly dramas ever made. It was also one of the most violent and sex- fuelled programmes ever shown, and insiders say the gory movie script is packed with just as much lust.

Grey's Anatomy star Kevin, 36, of Elgin, Morayshire, said last night: "There is a script and it's supposedly very good.

"I haven't seen it yet, but I am definitely going to be a part of the movie." Kelly, of Glasgow, went on from Trainspotting to star in blockbusters No Country For Old Men and Nanny McPhee.

Stevenson and Heller are keen to get the 33-year-old in a leading role in Rome. The insider added: "Both producers want HBO to make the film and are in discussions about it.

"Kelly's a big name and has been linked to the production.

"They think she's fantastic - and it'd be great to see her working with her old friend again."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_showbiz/631246/Scots-Trainspotting-stars-reunite-for-steamy-film-epic.html

Ooooh! Ray was involved in the writing?  :clap: :squirm: :rock:

And is that THE MArk Stevenson? :popcorn:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 05:48:37 PM »

I adore Kelly Macdonald and would love to see her in "Rome" with the guys. I hope this is all true!

Mob1 icon
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: