Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 11:02:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ľ Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rome as the movie!  (Read 27051 times)
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 12:05:01 AM »

I'm not too sure I believe this...but if true, it would be a big WOW!!!

By Mark Stevenson, 05/12/2009

TRAINSPOTTING stars Kevin McKidd and Kelly MacDonald could soon be toga-ther again - in a Hollywood movie version of TV epic Rome.

Hunk Kevin is keen to reprise his role as tough centurian Lucius Vorenus in the steamy sex 'n' sandals drama that turned him into a tinseltown A-lister.

And studio bosses are also pushing for Kelly to be signed up for the film, set to go into production next year.

It will be the first time the Scots pair have worked together since the cult drugs movie 13 years ago.

A source close to the new Rome film said last night: "This script is the talk of the town.

"HBO own the rights and are on the verge of giving it the green light. A lot of the original cast are expected to feature in it but there will also be some new blood injected into it.

"Kelly is doing really well in America and she is one of the main targets."

Ray Stevenson and Bruno Heller, producers of the original Rome, have written a big- screen script and are now in talks with HBO Films.

The US TV network teamed up with the BBC to make the ú120million series - one of the most expensive telly dramas ever made. It was also one of the most violent and sex- fuelled programmes ever shown, and insiders say the gory movie script is packed with just as much lust.

Grey's Anatomy star Kevin, 36, of Elgin, Morayshire, said last night: "There is a script and it's supposedly very good.

"I haven't seen it yet, but I am definitely going to be a part of the movie." Kelly, of Glasgow, went on from Trainspotting to star in blockbusters No Country For Old Men and Nanny McPhee.

Stevenson and Heller are keen to get the 33-year-old in a leading role in Rome. The insider added: "Both producers want HBO to make the film and are in discussions about it.

"Kelly's a big name and has been linked to the production.

"They think she's fantastic - and it'd be great to see her working with her old friend again."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_showbiz/631246/Scots-Trainspotting-stars-reunite-for-steamy-film-epic.html

Ooooh! Ray was involved in the writing?  :clap: :squirm: :rock:

And is that THE MArk Stevenson? :popcorn:

:bead:

It's News of the World - don't believe a word.  ;)

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Nomad
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 01:26:58 AM »

It's News of the World - don't believe a word.  ;)

Oh?  I asked around about that news source and was told it was a rag.  And I've asked around here of some people who should at least have an inkling about the story, but no one has heard it.  :shrug:

Damn!  SOME news on the Rome movie would be nice!

:nomad:
Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 01:29:30 AM »

Why don┤t you believe it?! :think:

MarkÚta
Nomad
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 11:47:51 AM »

Why don┤t you believe it?! :think:

Because one article from a dubious source on the internet doesn't mean the claim is true.  So unless there is some credible confirmation that Ray Stevenson is writing the Rome movie script with Bruno Heller, I'll wait before I get too excited.

I WANT it to be true, but it just seems odd that no other source is making the same claim. :shrug:

Nomad
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 02:08:24 AM »

Now THIS I believe because Kevin McKidd said it.  Well, at least Kevin believes it.

"...Rome (last info received working Title Bon Dea possible filming 2010 summer)
bruno is on the second draft i believe - the producers are building the financing and attaching a director..."

kevinmckidd.proboards.com

It concerns me they haven't got their financing in order yet, but I'm crossing my fingers and toes, if not my legs, that all is well.

Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 03:44:51 AM »

I am really believe in the success of making ROME!I pray for it because whenever shooting will begins,immediately I ┤ll jump to the plane direction to Rome!!! :cheer2:

MarkÚta
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 03:44:33 AM »

I'd LOVE to think this was really in the pipeline and is just a matter of time.

I was wondering if there might be one of those 'prequel' bits in the film featuring a devilishly handsome young Titus Pullo? May I make a suggestion as to whom might live up to Ray's Pullo's outstanding looks?

Only one man comes to my mind. Mark Feehily of Westlife [Irish boy band with the voice of an angel but the captivating looks of my Young Pullo]. What do you think, RayVers?

He's the tall, breathtakingly handsome one with Pullo-stubble and eyes to die for, wot sings his bit at 1:17. OK, he'd need lighter blue eyes I suppose but I'd be happy to look into his current blue ones nevertheless:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZx8eoAFBg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZx8eoAFBg</a>

I just adore this song BTW. I play it endlessly.

:think:

He might have the added bonus of being able to make Rome - The Musical come true, too. Personally I'd be delighted to hear his delightfully Irish twanged tonsils warble Danny Puer, When Hibernian Eyes Are Smiling or the classic Sweet Molly Malonus. T'would make my cockles and mussels come alive alive-o to be sure.

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 06:43:44 AM »

WOW! Mark Feehily is pretty enough and yet manly enough to be a young Titus Pullo.  :o

Is he as tall as Ray? Or even taller---like TitusPullo?  ;D I don't have time to look him up now..must rush out into the windy snowfall yet again to go to work. I wonder if my hair appointment after work will be cancelled? That's my main motivation for going into town today.  :hmm:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »

WOW! Mark Feehily is pretty enough and yet manly enough to be a young Titus Pullo.  :o

Is he as tall as Ray? Or even taller---like TitusPullo?  ;D I don't have time to look him up now..must rush out into the windy snowfall yet again to go to work. I wonder if my hair appointment after work will be cancelled? That's my main motivation for going into town today.  :hmm:

Oh dear Cam.

You mentioning hair appointments vs wind and snow made me suddenly think of an episode of the Pink Panther cartoon where the rinky dink panther washed his fur in the bath and then dried it with a hair-dryer and he suddenly becomes this pink pom-pom. Made me howl with laughter.

Also, I'm still howling from seeing an episode of Frasier earlier today where Niles is determined to be rebellious and decides to try marihuana in the form of a pot-brownie, which is accidentally eaten by his father, Martin, who gets stoned and keeps taking notes out of his breast-pocket that he'd written under the influence! One said "Dog Army" and the other, which he quotes to explain why he isn't wearing any trousers because he's put them in the refridgerator, is "Fridge Pants" *ROFLMAO*

Oh back to topic... I hope the Rome movie gets the backing it needs financially ASAP, to make it a real go-er  ;D

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 09:41:20 PM »

More Rome movie talk from Kevin McKidd in his interview. Washn't sure if I should put this in the McKidd thread.  :think:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b178586_will_cristina_owen_break_up_greys.html

Mob1 icon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: